Red Sox tv viewing - MK resorts?!

Boardwalk III

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Am going to be at WDW this weekend for 5 nights with my brother and his family (their 4-year old's first trip :) So it's a quick trip (5 nights) and we are huge Red Sox fans, and there are 4 playoff games this weekend for the 5 nights we'll be there! We have a full schedule so will miss most of them but have some free time Friday evening to see Game 1 - we'll be staying at Shades of Green and may go over to the Polynesian for the Electric Water Parade viewing (begins at 10:25 this Friday due to MNSSHP)

So my questions is, other than our room, where might we find a fun place to watch part of the game in any of the MK resorts? I've been to all of them but not sure if there are any bars/restaurants that might have a tv on. We're also staying at BWV for 3 nights and know we can hop down to ESPN those days, but want to find something on the MK monorial for Friday night - appreciate any ideas! :)

I second the Tambu Lounge, we have stopped to watch big games there before.

Not sure if this will pose a problem or not, but the in room TVs do not get TBS. Not sure if the TVs in the bars are on the same system or not, but if they are you may be out of luck except at ESPN...

Hi all,

Am going to be at WDW this weekend for 5 nights with my brother and his family (their 4-year old's first trip :) So it's a quick trip (5 nights) and we are huge Red Sox fans, and there are 4 playoff games this weekend for the 5 nights we'll be there! We have a full schedule so will miss most of them but have some free time Friday evening to see Game 1 - we'll be staying at Shades of Green and may go over to the Polynesian for the Electric Water Parade viewing (begins at 10:25 this Friday due to MNSSHP)

So my questions is, other than our room, where might we find a fun place to watch part of the game in any of the MK resorts? I've been to all of them but not sure if there are any bars/restaurants that might have a tv on. We're also staying at BWV for 3 nights and know we can hop down to ESPN those days, but want to find something on the MK monorial for Friday night - appreciate any ideas! :)

Sorry to break the news to you, but we HUGE Red Sox fans tried to watch the games this past weekend, and we were told at the Tambu Lounge that they do not get TBS at Disneyworld. If the games are going to be broadcast on TBS, you will not be able to see them. Your only hope is to go to the ESPN club on the Boardwalk. Sorry :-( We had the same problem.....

Hi all,

Boardwalk III, I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you, however, I just got back from 10 days at the WL & GF and none of the resorts have TBS. That also includes the lounges. You'll have to watch at ESPN Club on Friday night.

Good luck, enjoy your vacation, and GO SOX!

You can call my mom for color commentary. She is glued to the TV when The Sox are on. LOL.

Oh my gosh - that's really unfortunate! My brother's not going to be a happy camper! Thanks for the heads up though!

Oh my gosh - that's really unfortunate! My brother's not going to be a happy camper! Thanks for the heads up though!

I just checked the mlb site and while the first round of playoffs were on TBS, the final two rounds are showing FOX as the station. You may want to double check just to be sure, but there may be a chance you can see the games someplace besides the ESPN zone.

Sorry to break the news to you, but we HUGE Red Sox fans tried to watch the games this past weekend, and we were told at the Tambu Lounge that they do not get TBS at Disneyworld. If the games are going to be broadcast on TBS, you will not be able to see them. Your only hope is to go to the ESPN club on the Boardwalk. Sorry :-( We had the same problem.....

The first round of playoffs were on TBS. The next round and the World Series are on FOX. Which is good because I'll be able to watch the Phillies in the World Series when we are down the end of this month :banana:

The first round of playoffs were on TBS. The next round and the World Series are on FOX. Which is good because I'll be able to watch the Phillies in the World Series when we are down the end of this month :banana:

Another Phillie's fan here that will be in Disney the last week of the month. I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but it's killing me that we don't know the times for the games yet. I've been obsessively planning each day of the trip and these games are throwing a wrench (although a very welcome one) into my plans. Go Phils!!

ALCS is on TBS and NLCS is on Fox.

and don't you know you can't make vacation plans in October anymore? :cool1:

GO SOX!

Thanks everyone - hey , at least we'll be back in time for the World Series!

GO SOX!

Oh, one last shot - we'll be at Downtown Disney Sat night - any chance any of those establishments might have a real TV?!

Fulton's Lounge has a tv, usually with sports on -- it might have more cable than Disney resorts have. I'm sure you could call them and ask. (Unless someone here knows:confused3 ).

ALCS is on TBS and NLCS is on Fox.

and don't you know you can't make vacation plans in October anymore? :cool1:

GO SOX!

Sorry, I stand corrected...

I have tickets for Game 5 of the World Series... which is the same day we are flying home from WDW :sad:

Hopefully the Phillies sweep whoever the American League throws at us and I'll be flying home to a parade :cheer2:

GO PHILLIES!!!

Don't forget Monday is a late afternoon game. 4:40 start or something like that.

Good luck to the Phils. These should be a couple of good series.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter