Red Lion

luckycharms2010

Mouseketeer
I tried to search for it on here and could not find information on it.

I learned on here that I should not stay at Castle Inn so now I feel nervous staying somewhere without DIS member reviews.

Tripadvisor only says it is a walkable distance to Disneyland. How long of a walk is it? Is it a nice place or dirty?

Found rates for July for $63.00 a night (LastMinuteTravel - is why it's $50 a night cheaper than on their website) plus I called and there is a parking fee of $14.00 so it would be a total of $77.00. Do you think this hotel is worth it?

I remember driving past it....it's down Harbor I believe. But I don't think it's really walking distance. It might be a longer walk than you probably want after spending all day in DLR.
Sorry I don't know much else.

I personally have never had a bad experience at Castle Inn.

Red Lion is a very nice upscale 3 star hotel. We stayed there several nights last year. I wouldn't want to walk that far. I'd say 20 minutes to Disneyland gates. We had a car and annual passes with parking so just drove to the garage.

I find the hotels directly across the street from Disneyland gates to be WAY over priced except in off season. Their quality just doesn't warrent their expense.

Red Lion as well as almost all resorts within a couple miles of Disneyland have shuttle bus stops right outside. If you don't have a car or wish to avoid Disneylands parking charges then a shuttle multi-day pass are very inexpensive. A few resorts have free shuttles.

LuckyCharms2010 you have no worries. The Red Lion is a very nice hotel. Clean, modern, definetly upscale. I have stayed there.
When I stayed there I was attending a late night party at Disneyland. So, I opted to drive as the walk is a little farther than I felt comfortable doing, as I was alone. :tink:

We got the Red Lion through Priceline Feb. 15 throught the 20th. I am happy to see that people are happy with it.

IMO it's not walkable, but you can take the ART shuttle, it should pick up at that hotel. :)

JH87 you would be the only person here who has stayed at the Castle Inn and not had anything bad to say...that was the worst hotel I have ever been in....Ok no second worst, the worst was the place we stayed that had black mold in the shower, our feet turned black from the floors and the gaps around the door were so big that it was like sun coming when anyone turned into the parking lot (headlight glare), but the Castle wasn't much better. You are talking about the Castle Inn and not the Camelot right?

we chanced a stay at a hotel further down than Red Lion. Passed it every morning & night. It was the 1/2 way marker to our hotel. I would say it is walkable. About 15 minutes.
And we had 4 kids in tow...

Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter