Red Eye Flight - Check-in

choover2576

Mouseketeer
I'm considering taking a red eye and after taking magical expressm expecting to get in at 8am at the Pop. If I pay for the previous night stay can I check-in at this time?

As an aside, red eye would be with Frontier Airlines. I understand all the upcharges can add up after calculating all of those, the red eye would be about $900 less than Southwest for our family. Any thoughts on Frontier?

TIA!!

When you do online checkin, choose the latest-in-the-morning time that you can. Then call them the day before traveling and let them know that you will be delayed past that time.

They *could* cancel things if you're not there, but really, Disney KNOWS that people travel to them and they KNOW that things happen during travel. Keep in touch with them.

BUT a redeye for a family? Has everyone at their current maturity level done such a flight? I cannot sleep on a plane. My son can but wakes in fear repeatedly. DH can sleep but ends up in pain. We would all be utterly wrecked after a redeye. (you should have seen me and DS at Heathrow after less than an hour total sleep from Vancouver) And sleeping would be very difficult at Disney because we would want to play. (by the time we got to Dublin on the previously mentioned trip we stayed up until Dublin bedtime, because we couldn't be in Dublin and not look around!)

Think long and hard about your family and the realities of such a flight!

Thanks for your feedback Bumbershoot. I think I was memorized by the savings, but I think you are right that I should think long and hard about it. My boys are pretty heavy sleepers, but even so sleeping on a plane can be very difficult. I know I won't get any sleep. I'd hate to start a trip out with everyone cranky. I'm already a little worried with the 3 hour time difference. Thanks again!

Likely not. The new registration day starts around 6 AM. Guests from the previous day who haven't arrived by then are generally considered no-shows and the reservations are cancelled. You could try calling on the day of your ersatz arrival and claiming a non-existent travel delay. It's up to you. Most vacation destinations are aware people travel to them.

If you are willing to pay for the night before and tell them in advance you will not be there till the morning and are paying because you want the room when you get there, I don't see them saying no
That's totally different then a no show where there is not communication.

I had a similar but opposite situation once
We had three rooms booked and check out is 11 but our flight wasn't till 7:30.
With a bunch of little kids I decided to reserve one room for an extra night.
the last morning, moved all the bags from the other rooms in, checked out of the others and hit the park.
When I returned for dme, I stopped at the front desk to tell them we are not using the room even though it's paid for if someone else needs it let them have it and the cm came back to say that we would refund me the night's stay.
I'm sure that's no typical but because I communicated it worked out.

We are getting in at 8am too- I actually changed our later flight to the morning one.
Plan is to take magical express to the hotel and check in. Then head to Epcot for breakfast and walk around world showcase. We will take an extra bag so early afternoon we can head back to resort- bay lake- and relax by the pool till our room is ready.

As for the frontier part of your question, we just used frontier for a vegas trip and it's definitely a downgrade from southwest. You have to pay extra if you would like to choose your seats ($15-$30 per person) just so you can sit together as a family. Otherwise it's first come, first serve, and all those business travellers take up the seats without leaving space for families.

We also had one plane that had the weirdest, thinnest (non-reclining) seats and tiniest little tray tables (think the size of an ipad mini). Plus, you want a drink? That will cost you. Snack? That will cost you. Bags? That will cost you (even carry-ons are $30 each). I'll stick with southwest (or be spoiled with delta). Some things are worth the extra money.

~Cari~ pluto:

You might just try checking in when you arrive. I've been able to check in as early as 7:30 am after a red eye. It all depends on how busy the resort is. Either way, I would not pay for a night before, just to have a room after the red eye flight.

We took a red eye last year (me, dh, ds6 and ds4) and we were able to check in at 7 AM. I went in thinking we WOULDN'T get our room and was pleasantly surprised when it was ready. This was prime spring break time in early April last year at CBR.

My family does red eyes well. We ended up freshening up in our room, grabbing some breakfast at the food court and heading straight for MK. We came back around 1 for a nap and headed back for dinner and a few more rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter