Recs for only one ADR

klm7926

Mouseketeer
So I'm thinking of only making one ADR while we are visiting. We are staying off site and my family really could care less about what we eat. I honestly think my boys would be more into being out doing stuff than eating with characters. With that being said, I'm thinking of planning only ONE ADR with characters. My boys are 6 and 4. Which one would you recommend????

It depends on what they are into. Chef Mickey's has all the core characters: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto. It is a buffet though, and I definitely recommend breakfast over dinner there.
For most of the same characters, there is the Cape May breakfast (the food is better here than CM) at the Beach Club. Also a buffet.
There is also the Lilo and Stitch breakfast at 'Ohana. There are, obviously, Lilo and Stitch. You also get Mickey and Pluto. This is served family style, so you don't have to keep getting up, which is very nice. If you make your ADR early (we are usually one of the first tables), the wait is nearly nonexistent. It seems to fill up around 9:30. Those would be my picks.
If you prefer dinner, you can still do Chef Mickey, but we prefer the Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Still a buffet, but a better one.
Have a good trip!

If you like breakfast you may want to try Tusker House in AK.
It is a character buffet with Donald (called Donald's breakfast), Daisy and a few more. They are dressed in khaki uniforms as if they are on safari (or at least they use to be).
Very cute for boys.

If you are "morning people', the best and most cost-effective ADR is a buffet breakfast before the park opens. Breakfast costs the least; the family is super-charged for the morning; if you're eating in a park you get to experience it before it's full. If this fits your style Crystal Palace in MK or Tusker House in AK are your best bets.

For any meal, Chef Mickeys gets you the Fab 5; for your boys that might be the biggest draw.

If you are concerned that the kids (or adults!) may crash and burn after a hard morning's touring but you do not want to go back to your hotel for a rest, particularly since you are staying off-site, I'd recommend a mid-afternoon lunch. That would be a good place to squeeze in Chef Mickey. CP is again an option too.

The final option is a character dinner after the park closes on a day when you're going to AK, because it shuts so early. CM would again be your best option for this, in order to get the characters. Unfortunately, that's when it costs the most, too...... I like 1900 PF at the GF, but dinner is Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the evil Steps. A lot of fun for families that include older kids because the Steps are hilarious, but I dunno about boys ages 4 & 6.

OMG - totally forgot - another good dinner option (again, after that AK day) is to go to Fort Wilderness for Mickey's Backyard BBQ! I'd think that would be a particularly fun environment for your boys.

Another vote here for Tusker House! We had breakfast there Dec 2010 and we all really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was unique and the food was delicious. Good character interaction--Goofy was fantastic and attentive! There is a parade for kids, which was very fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter