• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recommended walking shoes!

We're DVC members so we go to WDW a few times a year. Last May we tried the Dr. Scholl gel soles (from the advice of these boards) and they made a hugh difference when you're walking on hot pavement! We always take good walking shoes but DH now swears by the gel soles. I've even started using them on my treadmill pair of tennis shoes. Very comfy and definitely help keep your feet from getting overheated.

Originally posted by IowaGirl
Sandals all the way!!! Go to a sporting goods store and try on a bunch.

To be blister free would be heavenly.....!!!!!

I have been to WDW 4 times and to DLP once, and I got blisters every time no matter what kind of sneaker I bought and no matter how broken in they were UNITL I only wore sandals!!!

This past WDW trip, in October, I only wore sandals. I switched between 2 kinds of Ecco walking sandals and this is the FIRST time I went almost 100% blister free. The only time I barely started to get one (but wearing some moleskins the next day stopped it) was when I wore my sandals in pooring rain at AK.

I didn't wear my sneakers once this trip!

Sandals and moleskins are my secret to a blister-free vacation!!!

We are a New Balance family. Buying new ones about a month before the trip. We have now discovered thro-lo socks. We always have HAPPY FEET.

Jordan's mom

Just my .02. Nike Strap runners. these we're gods gift to my feet who always blistered. My DM is now a Teva convert she bought a pair but sore by her Teva's 1st day out and she had a little blister started. switched and never another for her. I never got one. I'm hoping they'll come out in kids sizes soon. both boys had to wear sneakers the whole trip and changed the socks 3-4 times daily. I got mine at the Sport and shoe center about $40.00
Hope this helps

Hubby and I will ONLY wear our Teva's.

we had really good quality hiking/walking shoes for our trip in 1999, and wore them one day. I personally cannot stand wearing socks and shoes when its warm.

I also wore Birkenstocks with good results.

i bought a pair of shoes that are from Portugal and cannot remember the name they were very comfortable as well...

The best walking shoes I ever had were Nike Air Perseus. They're not available anymore, so this year I got Nike Hasten Walkers. Just got back from a week at WDW wearing them, and they were excellent. As others have said, the key with any pair of shoes is obviously to break them in well before your trip. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter