recommended camera stores on the Western

disneyliz

Earning My Ears
we might be interested in buying a camera while we are in the duty free shopping areas. Anybody buy a 35mm camera and find a good deal compared to the US. also, if you know of a place to stay away from can you please let me know.
thankyou
12days and counting

Disneyliz--

Are you looking to purchase a high-end SLR or a simple point-and-shoot?

If you are thinking of the former, I would stay with the recommended shops that advertise with DCL in the Navigators. They seem to be more reliable and sell products that are good quality. Also, I would price the models and/or lenses that you are interested in prior to leaving the US. That way you can compare prices and determine if the tax savings is worth the purchase. I have not looked for camera equipment (SLR related) on the Western but I did check out a few local shops on the Eastern for a lens. Was very disappointed in what I found. Hopefully you'll fare better on your cruise!

If you are looking for the latter, I would skip buying outside the US and take a look at your local Wal-Mart, Target, Sears, etc. You can find a very good point-and-shoot at any of these locations for a good price.

Hope this helps a little!

I am looking for preferably a Nikon so I can attach different lenses if I need to. But it is mainly for taking every day pictures. I have had a Nikon for 10 years and it works great but very heavy. the newer ones are much lighter. I have started research but everybody talks about duty free and how much you can save. I didn't know if it was that big of adifference with a 400-500 dollar camera.

thanks

Well, it's probably worth checking out the recommended shops while you're on your cruise. You may find what you're looking for and save some money too.

Good luck!

Keep in mind that if you buy it on the islands, there will be no extended warantee offered that will be of any help to you. I personally buy my cameras (and I have a Nikon) at Ritz because I like there ESP program, I have already used it twice in four years. Cameras are easily broken so you might want to think about this....:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter