Recommended books

I have a bunch but a short answer would be
Disneyland Encyclopedia- easy to pick up and read short blurbs about attractions and stores and restaurants from the beginning of DL.
Disneyland- Then, Now, and Forever -This one is good for pictures of old attractions and what they turned in to.

Our family had fun with The Imagineering Field Guide To Disneyland and there is also one for DCA out now but I haven't read it yet.

As far as planning, I liked the Unofficial Guide. I just got the Encyclopedia mentioned above but haven't hardly cracked it open, yet.

So many wonderful books! For planning I highly agree with the recommendation of the Unofficial Guide. For fun "behind the scenes" stories of the park's history I love both books by David Koenig (Mouse Tales and More Mouse Tales). If you can get your hands on a copy, The Nickel Tour is an amazing source of information and includes color photos of the postcards from the park. These are my favorites from my shelf.

"It's Kind of a Cute Story" by Rolly Crump, who was one of the first Imagineers and worked on many of the original DL rides/concepts, including IASW, Haunted Mansion, and Tiki Room. It's a memoir, but he had regular interaction with Walt, so he's got lots of cool stories.

I enjoyed the Unofficial Guide and my DS11 has read it cover to cover like 4 times! I just ordered the Disneyland Encyclopedia, as I have heard wonderful things about it.

Thanks! Looks like I have several books to order. Now to read them in secret as we are suprising the kids with the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter