Recommendations

Turner8509

Earning My Ears
Need recommendations for places to eat throughout disney, there are just soooo many to choose from.

OH GOSH!! WHERE TO BEGIN!

You'll get a lot of varying answers to your request. I'll give you my top few with a couple to avoid, and I'm sure that my top will be someone else's bottom. But here we go!!!

TOP:

Table Service:

Chefs de France: Our first night tradition. Have never ever had bad service, and the food is always great!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEBDtVD_T1k

50's Prime Time: Ask for Megan. She's AMAZING! check out the review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRuCfzswY6k
Not gourmet food, but if you get the right server it's tons of fun! Really cool atmosphere too. It's a must do at least once.

Grand Floridian Cafe: OOOOOH, the much overlooked GFC! Love it, love it, love it. Here's the review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-szJ3zBG3SA

Olivia's at Old Key West: WONDERFUL!!!! For breakfast especially, but dinner is outstanding too. Hidden Gem.

Raglan Road: Mixed emotions on this one from the family. But I really really really really liked it. Check it out for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B3ZHESSWyA

I would also suggest O'Hana at the Polynesian if you have kids going. My little hint is to make your reservation for about two hours prior to the fireworks, enjoy dinner, and then mosey on down to the beach at the Polynesian to watch the fireworks over Bay Lake.

Kouzzina's at The Boardwalk. Fan flipping tactic!

Counter Service:
Wolfgang Puck Express: Best Counter Service on property. By Far. Period.

The Fish and Chips stand in the UK Epcot. Yummy.

Sunshine Seasons at Epcot. Amazing variety.

The food court at Port Orleans..... one word..... Mufaletta. 'Nuff said.

I also really like Columbia Harbor House in the Magic Kingdom. Little hint: don't eat downstairs. Head upstairs and grab a window seat to watch Liberty Square. Much quieter!!

WE AVOID AT ALL COSTS:

ABC Commissary in Hollywood Studios. I can't even put into words how bad it was.
Flame Tree. To many people it's a favorite, but I'm from NC and that's not BBQ.
Pinnochio Village Haus: Changed the fries and I won't go back out of principal.

I hope you have a fabulous time planning!!!!

Check out the dining page on wdwinfo.com, they include reviews to help you.

Good luck with your planning!

Kate:thumbsup2

I guess it depends on what you like, there will be good and bad reviews on every restaurant on WDW property. I agree with reading the WDW site and also suggest allears.net to see the menus, that will help you decide on ones you know you won't want based on the food selections then you might ask peoples advice on the places that you might be interested in to narrow down your choices.

Of course, my dream trip would be to go to WDW long enough on one trip to eat at every location :rotfl2:

It's kind of like..."pie in the sky"...:rotfl2:..so many places to choose from just depends on your taste and the type of atmosphere you like. There are those meals with characters and those without. There are signatures and casual and quick service and then some...

I will name some our favs including QS, signature, casual, buffet, characters, etc...and I will post the link to our review (with photos):
MK - BOG - Our BOG Lunch Experience
EPCOT - Via Napoli - Our Via Napoli Lunch Experience

Contemporary Resort - The Wave breakfast - Our Wave Breakfast Experience
BC - Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast - Our Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast Experience
DTD - Paradiso 37 - Our Paradiso 37 Dinner Experience
Boardwalk - FF - Our Flying Fish Experience
WL - AP - Our Artist's Point Experience

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter