• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recommendations to Quick Service Meals in the parks??

Cosmic Rays in MK has surprisingly good chicken and ribs platters. And it counts as a CS on the DDP but is not typical *fast food* - more like a home cooked meal. A nice change from the burgers and fires:thumbsup2

MK - Cosmic Rays has really good ribs and a wider variety. Though... Pecos Bill makes a mean taco salad too! :thumbsup2

AK - Flame Tree BBQ, two words AWESOME CHICKEN!

Epcot - pretty much every country has outstanding QS.

DHS - I believe it was Rosie's All American Cafe. I had chicken nuggets there that were pretty fantastic. Otherwise we've been to the Backlot Express and that was good.

With 3 boys and numerous trips, we have eaten a lot of counter service - they don't like 'waiting for food' :rotfl2:

Some favorites -
MK -
Pecos Bills for the best burgers, taco salad and fixings bar plus doesn't always seem as crowded as other locations.
Cosmic Rays - does have more variety, even chicken soup which one of boys always gets.

Epcot -
I don't know that there's a bad place to here but my burger loving son always want Electic Umbrella.

DTD -
We love the Earl of Sandwich, there is so much to choose from.
Giradelli's - hands down the best sundaes around

AK -
Tough one

DHS -
We break up here and each hit one of options on the sidewalk leading up to TOT.

Resorts -
Port Orleans has the best food court around, my DH still talks about it and it's been a few years.
Beach Club Marketplace has the best yougurt parfiats(sp?) with granola and fresh berries - another of DH's favorites.

Tip - search for menus and pictures, on this other sites.

I am pretty picky about our QS meals so I can share with you the ones we loved- hope it helps!

MK- Pecos Bill and Cosmic Rays (DBF loved Cosmic and I loved Pecos)
EP- Norway!! Amazing value!! Yummy sndwich, pastry, giant drink, and healthy sides!
HS- Rosies All American Cafe - yummy burger!
AK- Flametree BBQ (my favorite of all the QS meals!)
DTD- Earl of Sandwich (the best sandwich I have ever had)

Resorts: Capt Cooks
MK: Cosmic Ray's or Harbour House
AK: Flame Tree BBQ
HS: Pizza Planet
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons or Boulangerie Pattisserie
DTD: Earl of Sandwich or Cooke's of Dublin

MK- main street bakery & cosmic rays
EPCOT- usually Sunshine seasons (dd picky eaters so between allergies an then not liking offerings in the countries)
AK-Flame tree BBQ
DHS- DD has allergies so we go to Pizza Planet as they have her pizza.

Denise in MI

My all time favs are:
EPCOT- France, large sandwich, large drink and large dessert all in one!
HWS- Pizza Planet! Best cookies ever!

Thank you for this post, cinderellabride! I was wondering the same thing.

Thanks to all who posted, I am checking out the QS restaurants you all recommended.

Our favs are Tangerine Cafe, Columbia Harbour House and Wolfgang Puck Express. the Mara at the AKL was very good as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter