Recommendations, please.

colleenw

Earning My Ears
This atually will be my 5th time at WDW, but 1st time without any children. We're going in Dec. 2012. :yay:We've always done the dining plan and character meals, but this time will be with my DS26 and DD23. Do you think the dining plan is better this time than OOP as we want to go to some nicer restaurants. Is it cheaper to do the dining plan and then we can still go to those restaurants.
It is nice knowing that the food part is already paid for before going down there and I'm still deciding whether or not to do the park hopper also. I want to be able to just go anywhere and do everything we want this time. We like doing the EMH's morning and evening. Thanks to all who help. I really appreciate it.

This atually will be my 5th time at WDW, but 1st time without any children. We're going in Dec. 2012. :yay:We've always done the dining plan and character meals, but this time will be with my DS26 and DD23. Do you think the dining plan is better this time than OOP as we want to go to some nicer restaurants. Is it cheaper to do the dining plan and then we can still go to those restaurants.
It is nice knowing that the food part is already paid for before going down there and I'm still deciding whether or not to do the park hopper also. I want to be able to just go anywhere and do everything we want this time. We like doing the EMH's morning and evening. Thanks to all who help. I really appreciate it.

I have never done the dining plan plan. I know it is convenient to pay in advance but I just can't see eating that much. We ran into so many people getting food on our trip just to use credits...one family even treated my DD to an ice cream because they had so many snack credits left. Unless dining is free, I still think it is a better deal to pay as you go. Then you are not getting food because you "have" to but because you are hungry.

We are just back from a six day trip and I would recommend Via Napoli in Epcot, Kona Cafe at the Poly and Wolfgang Puck Express. We also enjoyed the Maya Grill at CSR but it does get mixed reviews.

In the past we have enjoyed Boma, Rainforest Cafe, Portabella Yacht Club, and Crystal Palace.

I think with a just adults trip you may enjoy a mix of advanced reservations and the opportunity to try some of the better quick service. We found Wolfgang Puck Express to be one of our favorites even though you order at a counter. Food was delivered to our table in a court yard and we lingered over glasses of wine. It was relaxing and delicious.

Will you have a car? With just adults I would also consider saving money by going off property for some meals. I was talking to a vacation club member who does just that and she named about a dozen great chain and local places close by.

If you have an idea of some restaurants you'd like to try, it's pretty easy to figure out if the dining plan would work for you. wdwinfo.com has menus with price lists. You can look at what you'd likely order for a ts meal and a cs meal, and add it up to compare with the daily price of the dining plan.

Hello;

I really love the dining plan... and we've done it about 3 times....

We are headed back to the "world" in May 2012 and I really crunched the numbers....

I determined that we would do best without the dining plan this next visit. I REALLY wanted to try many TS meals... and we will have a Villa which we will be fixing our own breakfasts at......

I went so far as to figuring out our Dining Plan Expense.... and then guesstimating our meal costs OOP....

IN the end... OOP won out for us because We are trying so many TS meals that would have been OOP anyway....

So as Other posters advise... you really need to figure out your own plan and see what works best for your visit.... it may make more sense for you to do Dining plan... no one knows your own preferences...

Have a magical visit !

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter