• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recommendations on Disney resorts for honeymoon

leonix8238

Oo-de-lally!
We plan to do at least 14 nights at Disney in early December (including 4 before we get married) and we've hit a sticking point at where to stay. :confused3

The Poly seemed pretty much perfect; watching the fireworks from the beach, the hammocks, proximity to MK and ticket centre. However, it's not on the DVC scheme (so we can't rent the points to get better rates), the usual rates are going to cost at least £3,000 for the two weeks and finally with us going over during the Christmas period we were hoping for some of the Disney Christmas magic. Which, I understand the Poly seems to be lacking. Thus all these points have lead us to look elsewhere.

We love the idea of being able to watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom from your room at Bay Lake Tower, however again, will it have that Christmas feel? Will it be romantic enough for a honeymoon? It is more expensive than the other resorts on the DVC scheme but still under the £3,000 for the Poly.

Next we thought about the Wilderness Lodge, but were put off by the look of the rooms. Though the idea of being able to watch the water pageant was nice and the resort as whole looks very romantic and seems to enjoy a good dose of Christmas cheer!

We've also looked at the Animal Kingdom but we've heard the transport times are awful to and from the parks which is putting us off. Plus evening activities with being so far away from the Boardwalk and Downtown Disney areas, especially as the parks aren't open as late when we plan to stay.

We thought about staying at two resorts but it feels like it could be such a hassle and may take time away from our trip and I worry that I may not like the second resort as much as the first and regret my decision (yes, I really am super high maintenance!) :rotfl:

Oh decisions, decisions, any recommendations/ideas are very much welcome!!

Thanks for all recommendations guys!

We're staying at 3 resorts during our 14 night Weddingmoon - Coronado Springs Resort, Beach Club Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House.

I've never stayed at any of them, so I'm really looking forward to checking each one out.

Have you considered the Boardwalk?

It's got a lot of nightlife and it's nice at the holidays. You can also see the high points of Illuminations from the resort. It's also close to Illuminations and Hollywood Studios.

I agree. The Boardwalk is fantastic. My husband and I stayed there for part of our Honeymoon last December, and you definitely get the Christmas magic. Plus, in my opinion, Epcot and Hollywood Studios have the best Christmas decorations and they're both walking distance from the Boardwalk. You can't beat those Osborne Lights.
If I were you, and staying for two weeks, I'd do a split stay between the Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge or Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom Lodge. You can easily do the AKL concierge for less than the points you'd be spending at BLT. My husband and I just stayed at AKL over the summer, and you really didn't even need to ever leave the resort. The dining options are there- great new restaurant over at Kadani Village called Sana. It's so romantic with the big fire pit outside, and lots of little corners to just sit and talk. The hot tub is the best on Disney property, and on your honeymoon, a little seclusion is nice. I just don't know about the "Christmas magic" there. I'm sure it won't be as decorated as some of the others, but you'd get that over at Boardwalk. Good luck!

we always stay at the Grand Floridian. we have been there the past 2 years for new years and having our wedding there right after new years. If you are looking for that Christmas feel, this is the place. They have a beautiful tree in the lobby and also this gigantic gingerbread house complete with a shop to buy gingerbread cookies and things. It is also a beautiful hotel and you can see the fireworks at MK from the beach (they also have a hammack) and some of the conceige rooms. It is such a romantic hotel, I love it!

I would have to suggest Boardwalk or Beach Club- great locations for both. You can't beat the proximity to Epcot or Disney Hollywood Studios plus you can see the fireworks still from these locations.

I have never had a problem with wait time, and I think the decor of these hotels is beautiful!

I suggest Boardwalk and/or Beach Club as well. They are a wonderful location. I just got back from the BWV resort and it was lovely. We had a room with a view of the quiet pool and we were able to see fireworks and hear Fantasmic from our room. It was amazing. Then we were walking on the Boardwalk and we saw some of Illuminations, it is easier to see when you stand by the Atlantic Dance and Jellyrolls. :)

Have you considered the Boardwalk?

It's got a lot of nightlife and it's nice at the holidays. You can also see the high points of Illuminations from the resort. It's also close to Illuminations and Hollywood Studios.

I 2nd this!! We are staying at the BWV's for our Disneymoon. We are renting points from a friend. I can say, renting DVC points is the way to go. We just got back in Aug from a week long stay at the Wildnerness Villas, and OMG it was amazing! :lovestruc They treated us like royalty. The $$ we spent was equal to staying at a moderate!! Our plan is to stay in a studio again. We can't WAIT to try BW, as I've heard only great things about it!!;)

We've also looked at the Animal Kingdom but we've heard the transport times are awful to and from the parks which is putting us off.

I have stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and thought the transport times were fantastic - better than most resorts I have stayed at. This bus to this hotel only services this 1 hotel (many of the resorts share buses), so there were less stops. I felt like it was very fast to get around! One of the reasons I picked this hotel for my last trip was because the trip before I was annoyed because I kept seeing and absurd amount of buses for Animal Kingdom Lodge go by, and none for my hotel at the time. That convinced me to want to stay there, and it was true, we barely waited at all for a bus!

Also, I second what someone else posted about the hot tub - it is very romantic and secluded.

Good luck!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter