Recommendations for Umbrella Stroller for 7 year old?

Mordu

Earning My Ears
Hi! For spring break, we are taking my two daughters (ages 4 and 7) to WDW for a week. We are staying in BWV and will be walking to Epcot a lot! Last year, we had 1 umbrella stroller and the kids fought over who got to sit in it. This year, I'd like to avoid that, especially since we won't be taking the bus as much.

Does anyone have any recommendations on an umbrella stroller that can carry an older child?

I would check your local craigslist or consignment shops for a used maclaren at a decent price. Their weight limit is around 55lbs if I'm not mistaken.

I am also interested. I don't want to rent a stroller for $100+ for my kiddos (4 & 7) but we also plan on doing a lot of walking. Unfortunately I would need to buy 2, so renting might be my best option.

Mamato2cutekiddos -
For the 4 year old- We are just using a cheap umbrella stroller. I think we paid $20 at Babies R Us a few years back and that has been the stroller we've used the most. It's made it through 2 disney trips now (and managed to carry our 6 year old last year)

They do have double City Minis for rent right in the middle of the Boardwalk at the main entry to the hotel, just FYI, it would be easy. But those ages are pushing it I would assume.

For older children I would highly recommend considering renting a stroller. Most of the inexpensive strollers you can purchase are nasty to try and use with an older child as they are not intended for their height or weight. You could easily end up exhausted after pushing an older child around in one.

I borrowed a friend's City Mini last year for my tall 5.5 yo and it was great! So good that it's worth it for me to rent one this year since we don't need it at the airport and I'll relax more than traveling with a friend's stroller. I also like the storage these strollers offer plus it won't tip when my DD hops out if I have something on the back of it.

If you want to buy, I found an inexpensive Graco at Babies R Us. It can hold a heavier child and has made several trips.

I know they don't make them anymore, but the First Years Ignite might fit the bill. The Kolcraft Cloud might, as well. That one is $50ish on Amazon. You could rent from an outside agency. Since you're unlikely to use it again, renting might work well.

If you can find a Maclaren Triumph, they are great strollers. I believe the weight limit is 65 pounds.

Have you thought about just renting one in the parks if/as needed? That way you wouldn't have to haul two strollers onto the buses you take to AK and MK, etc.

Maclaren Volo may fit what you need. Goes up to 55lbs and push handles are taller than most umbrella strollers making for more comfortable pushing. It was very durable too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter