Recommendations for TS at/near MK

DisneyFleet

Mouseketeer
I am sure many have asked for recommendations before. I have one more reservation to make the day we are at Magic Kingdom. We do not have park hoppers and do not want to dine at another park although we are willing to journey to one of the resorts for the meal.

So far, I have Crystal Palace for dinner, Tusker House for breakfast, 1900 for dinner, Chef Mickeys for breakfast and Via Napoli for dinner. I was thinking Ohana or something like that since we cannot seem to get ressie's for Be Our Guest as we had wanted since we were a bit late booking/making reservations.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am sure there are some other restaurants out there that would be great to try.

Thank you.

Liberty tree is a good choice. They do family style dinner with turkey and beef, Mac and cheese, stuffing, veggies, dessert. We did lunch, its not family style but was dhs favorite meal, he had pot roast and I had the colony salad, the ooey gooey toffee cake was so good.

Are you looking for breakfast or lunch/dinner?

We really enjoyed the Best Friends Breakfast at Ohana. Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto are there. The food was good, it is all you can eat and they bring the food to you.

We had dinner at Ohana last year, but to be honest I couldn't tell you if the food was any good or not.......my kids were misbehaving and we couldn't enjoy anything. They were tired and cranky and just miserable, so we ended up leaving. But....we are trying it again this May!

We did not care for the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. It was your typical breakfast buffet, nothing special. Mary Poppins opened up the restaurant, but then we never saw her the rest of the time we were there. The characters we saw were: Eeyore, Pooh, Mad Hatter and Alice. My kids really got a kick out of the Mad Hatter and Alice, but we always go to CP and see Eeyore and Pooh, so that wasn't really anything special. I was expecting different characters....

We had lunch at Tony's in the MK last year and it was very good. Our ADR was right at 11 when they opened and we got to hear the Dapper Dan's sing Belle Notte in the lobby. Very nice and food was excellent!

Hope this helps!

Grand Floridian Cafe if you want a sit down restaurant. We really enjoyed our experience here really good food and the service was awesome!

It's at the Grand Floridian.

If you are on the dining plan, here is another thought....

Make a reservation for that night for the Plaza (because it is similar pricing to counter service but a nice oppotunity to sit and relax) in MK and pay OOP. Keep trying to get BOG and change if nececessary.

In the meantime, worse case scenario, that frees up a TS credit for you to go to another restaurant on your arrival/ departure day. You can make that reservation now and always cancel if you get BOG.

Or use that extra credit to combine and change to a 2TS credit option like HDDR or CRT, if you are interested

Your kids may enjoy Whispering Canyon Cafe. They do some fun things for the kids and it is just a short boat ride from MK to Wilderness Lodge.

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions. I think I am going to keep trying for BOG since my DD4 really wants to eat there. I think I may just make a reservation at one of the suggested restaurants and change if needed. It is so nice to hear so many great suggestions and appreciate the help.:)

Our favorite TDS last trip was Ohana for dinner! :love: I know it gets mixed reviews but our experience was great. We were seated right away, had great service and the food was hot and fresh. Everything was delicious! We are considering eating there 2 times for this years trip.

We LOVE GF Cafe and Kona Cafe (Poly) and they're a short ride on the monorail away.

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions. I think I am going to keep trying for BOG since my DD4 really wants to eat there. I think I may just make a reservation at one of the suggested restaurants and change if needed. It is so nice to hear so many great suggestions and appreciate the help.:)

If you cant get a dinner reservation, why dont you try lunch? People on these boards have said the wait times were manageable and enjoyed the experience. Good luck and have a wonderful vacation.

There is a very nice buffet at Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. It is a pleasant boat ride over there from MK. And Ft Wilderness has a really nice playground for the kids that is between the boat dock and the restaurant. It would be a good fall back option in case you don't get BOG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter