Recommendations for Seafood Restaurant

Gaynor

DIS Veteran
Hi all
I've been making my Disney ADR's today :yay: and we're now thinking of other restaurants to visit off-site. Can anyone recommend a good seafood restaurant?

I like Red Lobster restaurant ~ It is not fine dining by any means but we have always had very nice meals there.

My fav on-site seafood restaurant is Fultons in DTD. Fantastic seafood and a chocolate creme brulee to die for.

We ate at Crab House on I Drive. The buffet was pretty good. Again not fine dining but a seafood buffet for $29 with crab legs, oysters, prawns was good value

Yeah- we like Red Lobster too. Mmmmm..
We are planning to vist Fulton's this year though as well

We love Salt Island Chophouse and Fish Market which, as its name suggests, offers both seafood and meat.

We always enjoy McCormick and Schmick's at the Mall at Millenia. It's rather upscale in appearance (which might put some off) with some gorgeous curtained booths which accommodate up to four people (you may need to ask for one), but not overly expensive. Their menu is printed daily and includes a huge 'fresh list' as well as regular offerings. I really like the coconut shrimp with horseradish marmalade appetiser.

We once ate at Sunset Sam's Fish Camp at Gaylord Palms. It was a long time ago and we've never been back since, which might say something, but we did enjoy it. The restaurant is in the Key West section of the hotel - the part which has a marina complete with sailing boat. Sunset Sam's is partly on the boat and partly inside a more regular restaurant space. Gaylord Palms is an experience in itself if you've never been.

I've never been myself,.... but my friend recommended Bubba Gump at City Walk (near Universal) .....she said it was excellent and really fun for the kids.

So I'm going to try a meal there next trip.

:thumbsup2

Am reading this thread with interest - had been recently tempted to start a thread on the same subject, just never got round to it.

We too usually really enjoy Red Lobster, but I found the one we went to in Orlando rather disappointing. Can't quite put my finger on it: food was fine, but the atmosphere and everything was really off... It is silly, but I can't put my finger on it (I don't know, it didn't have the warmth, feeling and smell of a Red Lobster - seemed more like a "Little Chef" selling good Red Lobster food... :confused3 ).

I know that there is more than one Red Lobster in Orlando... but it has made me want to find a different seafood restaurant in Orlando to try.

Am not keen on the buffet places. Have enjoyed Bubba Gumps (on Santa Monica Pier, California) for lunch, but I see it more as a lunch place than a dinner place.

Minniespal, you really enjoyed Fultons? I have been tempted by that for a while, but saw VERY mixed reviews (either very positive or very negative).

It is times like this that I miss going to the Gulf Coast - they have GREAT seafood speciality restaurants... Unfortunately husband isn't as keen ont he Gulf Coast as I am :(

Boo

Hi all
I've been making my Disney ADR's today :yay: and we're now thinking of other restaurants to visit off-site. Can anyone recommend a good seafood restaurant?

Fishbones in a word excellent :)
Located just east of International Drive and Sand Lake Road -
minutes from the Orange County Convention Center

Minniespal, you really enjoyed Fultons? I have been tempted by that for a while, but saw VERY mixed reviews (either very positive or very negative).

I really did ~ Last trip we visited twice for dinner and once for lunch. I've noticed that they have cut back the items available at lunch. Perhaps not enough people wanted to spend in excess of £100 for lunch.

We are going twice in April and twice in November.

I really did ~ Last trip we visited twice for dinner and once for lunch. I've noticed that they have cut back the items available at lunch. Perhaps not enough people wanted to spend in excess of £100 for lunch.

We are going twice in April and twice in November.

Thank you - will remember your recommendation :)

Minniespal, did you ever have time to do a review/photos from your wedding trip last Autumn?

Boo

Another vote for Fulton's from us! In fact we went twice last time we visited! Food was great, service was attentive without being intrusive and you can't beat the surroundings and view at night! Will definately be back in Oct!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter