• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recommendations for restaurants off Disney World property

tara98

Mouseketeer
We finally decided to skip the dining plan for our trip this year. We will probably eat breakfast in our room, and maybe share a quick service lunch or two. We will have a car and will most likely want to grab two or three sit down meals for dinner off property. Does anyone have any suggestions of a few decent places? We are a family of four, kids are 6 and 12. Thanks!

Miller's Ale House is always a favorite. We learned about Sweet Tomatoes thru the DIS and fell in love with it. It's a salad bar/soup place. We're never disappointed.

We really liked Millers Ale House!

We did too! Good specials, decent service. It can get pretty crowded and noisy, so when we eat there we eat earlier than we normally would to avoid the crowds.

Try Bahama Breeze, we love it. If you leave the property at Crossroads take a right and it is less than a mile down the road on the left hand side after you go under I4

Giordano's !!!

Plus you can get $25 off certificates for $2 at restaurant.com when they have their sales! $50 off certificates also available!

Sweet Tomatoes is good too:)
I second Sweet Tomatoes! All you can eat salad, soup, breads, desserts! Delicious and a must for our family. Join Club Veg for free online and you will get coupons emailed weekly. There is a location about 1/4 mile past Downtown Disney.

Another vote for Sweet Tomatoes. We usually end up eating there twice during our visits.

We like Flippers for pizza and sandwiches. They have several locations in the area - one at Crossroads, one at Old Town, one on 192 in the Target shopping center, and probably some others but those are the 3 closest to property.

TBH we aren't big fans of Giordano's. I think their food is exceptionally greasy.

We haven't found a great Chinese place so if anyone has a suggestion for that, please share. And not a buffet - a regular sit-down, order off the menu (or take out) place.

There are a couple of good places in Celebration too though we haven't eaten there recently.

We love the Ale House. We used to be regulars at Chevy's but recently they changed to a more upscale Mexican type of menu (not the regular Chevy's menu we are used to from other cities) and it was good, but more expensive and not quite as family friendly.

Another place I like that isn't quite sit down (you order at a counter and they bring it to you) is Tijuana Flats. It's sort of casual Mexican in line with what Chevy's used to be. There are several locations.

Couple of good restaurants at the Gaylord Hotel.

Giordano's is good. They'll even deliver.

Flippers has good pizza. Very reasonably priced.
Don Pablos on I-Drive was also very reasonably priced, good Mexican food. Fun atmosphere.

Another vote for Sweet Tomatoes. We usually end up eating there twice during our visits.

We like Flippers for pizza and sandwiches. They have several locations in the area - one at Crossroads, one at Old Town, one on 192 in the Target shopping center, and probably some others but those are the 3 closest to property.

TBH we aren't big fans of Giordano's. I think their food is exceptionally greasy.

We haven't found a great Chinese place so if anyone has a suggestion for that, please share. And not a buffet - a regular sit-down, order off the menu (or take out) place.

There are a couple of good places in Celebration too though we haven't eaten there recently.

The closest good Chinese is down Palm Prkwy to Sand Lake Rd. Turn left and drive about 3/4 mile on the left side into Plaza Venetzia. There is also a Publix in that plaza.

Local here. My inexpensive favorites:

Sweet Tomatoes
Flippers
Kobe Japanese Steakhouse (my favorite; it's pricier, but they give you a TON of food)
Beef O'Bradys

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter