Recommendations for restaurant in Calabash?

daemom

DIS Veteran
The title says it all. :) It's been years since I've been to Calabash, NC for seafood. Do any of you have any recommendations for some great seafood and or seafood buffets there?

Thanks so much!:goodvibes

Captain Nances on the waterfront great seafood and love hushpuppies and honey butter!!!!!!

We've also been to Captain Nance's a few times. Not much ambiance but wow is the food really good. This time we are going to try someplace new.

Oooh, so maybe the family should split up and meet in the middle for a "hush-puppy contest:?!! :rotfl: I love hushpuppies and to add the honey butterrrrrr.......YUM!! Ambience--eh, we don't have to have it, but the whole group will walk away talking about an especially tasty meal! Thanks so much for your input!!:)

I ate at the Seafood Hut last summer. not fancy at all, but my flounder was tasty! Get there early; the line will be around the building if you wait too long.

If memory serves, when you get into town, turn at the Christmas Shop and head towards the water. It will be on your left. It's a little white building, not on the water.

It looks like I'm going to have to make a few trips to Calabash just to try them out!! Thanks!

BTW--we have a dog named Ella--that's gotta be a "must-do"!! We tried giving her a Disney name and Cinderella is what she responded to--we shortened it to Ella though! :rotfl:

The Boundry House is awesome. Very similar in both themeing and food options to The Carolina Roadhouse in Myrtle Beach.

No trip to Myrtle Beach or Sunset Beach area would be complete to our family with out a dinner at Captain Nance. :rotfl: We love the Calabash seafood and the prices are good. It's not fancy, but we love the the view out the windows. Another must have for us is seafood and other lunch salads and bread from the Calabash Deli. It's a NY type deli complete with yummy pastries.

Our family will not make it down to NC this summer. We did go overnight to Bethany Beach, DE. The kids were like, "This is no Sunset Beach." "Can we go to to NC next time?????" :rotfl2: Wish it were closer. This thread is making me hungry!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter