Recommendations for offsite restaurant near WDW

keatonsmommy03

Mouseketeer
I am looking for an offsite restaurant for 3 adults and 3 kids. I want to do something different and fun. I am thinking about Boston Lobster Feast, has anyone been there? I am from Indiana so I want something other than the national chain restaurants. Thanks in advance

I am looking for an offsite restaurant for 3 adults and 3 kids. I want to do something different and fun. I am thinking about Boston Lobster Feast, has anyone been there? I am from Indiana so I want something other than the national chain restaurants. Thanks in advance

I have heard Boston Lobster Feast is $$$ and not very good...I am not sure as I have not been there myself as I dont eat seafood.

Depending on what you want to eat, there are a lot of places to fit the bill..

Joe's Crab Shack
Millers Orlando Ale House
Buffalo Wild Wings

Those are 3 that come to mind, though while chains, offer great food..

I have heard Boston Lobster Feast is $$$ and not very good...I am not sure as I have not been there myself as I dont eat seafood.

Depending on what you want to eat, there are a lot of places to fit the bill..

Joe's Crab Shack
Millers Orlando Ale House
Buffalo Wild Wings

Those are 3 that come to mind, though while chains, offer great food..

I was at Millers Tuesday night was great. They have a $10.95 prime rib special on Tuesday and kids eat free (not sure of the age limit).

Did Buffalo Wild Wings also last week was ok Millers is much much better.

If you want to go a little more pricey, try Texas de Brazil, it's a Brazilian style place where they bring your meat around on skewers and there is a huge salad bar area for sides, etc. If you sign up for their email list within a month of your arrival, they will send you a 25% off coupon for the adults - kids under 6 eat free. We went in 09 and are planning a return trip.

my favorite is a chain too = Perkins - it is not in Ala so can only enjoy in florida.

also like golden coral and bob evans are pretty reasonable too

There is a Benihanas on International dr...and maybe one in the Hilton DD..it's lot of fun. Love Orlando Ale House and Bahama Breeze.

We live in Indiana too, and enjoy Boston Lobster Fest because lets face it, we live in Indiana so we don't eat enough lobster to be all that picky and we also have 3 kids and they can eat their weight in lobster so its worth it to us. There are lots of good coupons out there and if you go early you can get the early bird price.

In Orlando there are more chains than local restaurants so what we do is eat at chains we don't have at home. We also enjoy Fuddruckers , Giordano's Pizza, Texas DE Brazil to name a few.

I'm originally from Indy, but have been in Chicagoland almost as long as I was there, so I only know of a couple of places and they are unfortunately chains (although not in IN as far as I know). Chevy's is right outside of DTD and is good Mexican food. There is also a Sweet Tomatoes - its a buffet, but up here it's good and inexpensive. I've heard people here mention Raglan Road Irish Pub and looks like it gets good reviews. Giordano's is really awesome Chicago style pizza.

I too like local places and we try not to eat at any chain we have around here - with the exception of Chevy's.

well, it's not so near WDW but it's great food, Italian touch a nice romantic enviroment, both me and fiancee loved there last September. Best meal for us outside WDW!:goodvibes

There is a Benihanas on International dr...and maybe one in the Hilton DD..it's lot of fun. Love Orlando Ale House and Bahama Breeze.

I was going to suggest Benihanna as well. I was just there the last week of FEb. It is hibachi style Japanese and it is delish! Plus it is fun watching the chef cook it right in front of you and do knife tricks.

We went to the Boston Lobster Feast this year when we went to Disney World. My parents took us and they had been there before. I'm a big seafood fan and I've got to say that you can not get a better deal in Florida on good seafood. The great thing is that a lot of it is not fried which I like. They had raw oysters, lobster, blue crabs, clams, mussels, boiled crawfish, sushi, a few varieties of fish, snow crab legs and great desserts. I'm from Indiana too and there's no place like this in Indiana or even within 500-miles of here.

The Crossroads Centre on Apopka Vineland Road (right at the end of the road with the Downtown Disney hotels) has tons of great restaurants and if you drive a block north on that road there is an Olive Garden (very good) and if you drive 2 blocks south (go just under the highway) there is a Bahama Breeze (excellent).

In the Crossroads there is a Chevy's Mexican restaurant (very good), Sweet Tomatoes (very good), Red Lobster, Uno's Pizzeria, Flippers Pizzeria, Fuddruckers, TGIFridays, Buffalo Wings, Taco Bell, McDonald's and few more that I can't remember right now.

For outstanding, relatively pricey food, Charlie's Steak House is hard to beat. better than any of the premier Disney restaurants. There are several locations in Orlando, including two on I-Drive. We also like Texas de Brazil and Benihana, both of which are rather pricey.

Moderately priced, and something you will definitely not find in the Midwest is the Columbia Restaurant in Celebration. Columbia is an old-line Spanish (not Cuban) restaurant from the Ybor City area of Tampa. Everything on the menu is wonderful, great service, moderate prices and great value. Don't miss their legendary 1905 Salad -- it's made right at your table and it's amazing. Columbia is the one must-do restaurant for every one of our Disney trips.

There are several other good restaurants in Celebrattion. If you eat anywhere in Celebration, skip dessert and walk over to Kilwin's for ice cream -- best ice cream I've ever had.

Another good moderately-priced place is the former Pizzaria Uno in the Crossroads Shopping Center. It's now called Uno Chicago Grill, and that's way more than a marketing-ploy name change. Their menu is now greatly expanded to include a full range of entrees, and everything looks very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter