Recommendations for Convertible Car Seats?

DisneyLovingMama

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=teal>I'll be your E
DS has outgrown his infant carrier, so we need to get convertible car seats for him. Any suggestions or ideas? Since I have to buy two, I'm not paying more than $150 for them - so Britax is out.

Any recommendations?

You might still consider Britax as they make some now that are good to 65 pouinds and taller as well.

I bought the Graco Triton and there are some letters after that like DLX or something. It is at Babies R Us, so you can check the website. But, it was just under $150. It has a lot of features on it, there are tons of padding layers that can be removed as they get older and there is a belt tightening knob on each side that you can adjust each time you put the baby in so you get a perfect fit. Like, ever had the problem when you get the straps all adjusted in winter time with the big coat and then put them in the car without the coat and the straps are too loose? This thing makes that easy to fix. :)

Try them out in the parking lot of the store you are buying one at. Pick the one that works the best in your car. 80% of parents use the seat incorrectly so be sure to take the time and effort to read the manual.

I absolutely LOVE the Evenflo Triumph. (I think there's a number after the name, but I'm not sure what it is.) It tested well with Consumer Reports, and it's so simple to use. All carseats work well when used correctly, and this one is really simple to use. You crank a knob to tighten the straps, rather than pulling on a strap. It's particularly wonderful when the baby is still rear-facing, since that strap is hardest to pull when it's up against the seat.

I don't have any specific brands/types to recommend, but just wanted to add that if you have a Babies R Us nearby, they offer a 10% discount if you buy 2 of the exact same item $50.00 or more. Not much, but still better than no discount!!

Also ~ they will be having a sale flyer going out to those on the mailing list starting next week ~ you might be able to find a seat you like on sale!

Kermit said:
I absolutely LOVE the Evenflo Triumph. (I think there's a number after the name, but I'm not sure what it is.) It tested well with Consumer Reports, and it's so simple to use. All carseats work well when used correctly, and this one is really simple to use. You crank a knob to tighten the straps, rather than pulling on a strap. It's particularly wonderful when the baby is still rear-facing, since that strap is hardest to pull when it's up against the seat.

This is the brand we use too! It's nice and roomy and like Kermit said, simple to use!

Amy :)

do you use one car more than the other? a friend bought the britax for the car most often used and then bought a cheaper version for the other car.
we have the britax roundabout -- after trying 2 others and i can tell you it is SO SO SO worth it! we paid around 180 something for ours ...

if you have to go with something not britax i will just say DO NOT GET THE ALPHA OMEGA! I REPEAT ... DO NOT GET THE ALPHA OMEGA :) ha ha :)

HTH!

sarah

Just wanted to let you know - if you really do want the Britax, Babycatalog.com has Roundabouts from $159 to $174, depending on the fabric that you select.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter