Recommendation on Scooter Rental

dawgsgirl

DIS Veteran
I have always rented from Apple Scooters but they have lost my business. Would love to hear any recommendations for another company. I guess I need to hear the good and the bad. Thanks!

We have rented from Sun Mobility in the past and currently have reservations with them for next month. We rented three scooters for my husband and two in-laws. We received great value and great customer service. The only negative thing I could say about this company is they are not a preferred Disney rental so you must meet them in person at your hotel when dropping off and picking up. I really did not find this to be a negative, we enjoyed meeting with a person and them showing us how to take the scooters apart. I hope this helps you!

I rented a scooter off-site for the first time last November, from Apple. It was a disaster. :(
So in January I tried Buena Vista. Totally different experience! :) Scooter looked brand new, it held the battery charge so well I only had to charge once in our 5 day stay, it was the portable kind, so disassembled easily into 4 pieces my adult daughter could put into my car, it was at the resort when we arrived and I just dropped it back off at bell services when we left. I would recommend Buena Vista and have a reservation already for our big family trip in August :moped::cool1:

We have rented from Sun Mobility in the past and currently have reservations with them for next month. We rented three scooters for my husband and two in-laws. We received great value and great customer service. The only negative thing I could say about this company is they are not a preferred Disney rental so you must meet them in person at your hotel when dropping off and picking up. I really did not find this to be a negative, we enjoyed meeting with a person and them showing us how to take the scooters apart. I hope this helps you!

Have you paid yet? Because the two scooters I had from them in February were in a shocking state - looked as if they'd been through the mill, the seats were split and the seat rocked slightly on the second one. They really need to get some new stock - the battery case doesn't fit properly, and when it rained the first one died and I had to get a replacement delivered the following day.

I have always rented from Apple Scooters but they have lost my business. Would love to hear any recommendations for another company. I guess I need to hear the good and the bad. Thanks!

May I ask what the problem was? I have always rented from Apple and had very good luck. My scooter last January didn't look new, but it worked fine and I had no problems with it or with Apple.

May I ask what the problem was? I have always rented from Apple and had very good luck. My scooter last January didn't look new, but it worked fine and I had no problems with it or with Apple.

I had great luck with Apple for several years. Then I started getting hunks of junk and had some bad experiences. They did always show up promptly to fix things, but that gets old. From what I can gather, some folks get great scooters and others get the hunks of junk. The real kicker was the offer I got from them for a discount on my next rental for all my trouble. The email required you to register here on the disboards and make a post about Apple. And you had to tell them your user name! That really bothered me and I thought it was just low down and dirty. If someone wants to complain on this board about them Apple wants to know who you are!! No thanks!

I had great luck with Apple for several years. Then I started getting hunks of junk and had some bad experiences. From what I can gather, some folks get great scooters and others get the hunks of junk. !

I agree. Our last experience in Dec 2013 was not as good and we ordered 2 scooters and both of them had issues. We have had more good experiences through the years with them, but I think everyone needs to take notice that times can change with any company. Based on our last experience with them I think we may pass using them next time. I will be watching disboards carefully about Apple before I make my final decision about them with regards to future rentals with them. Also, if I think a report is phony about them I will take notice and be more suspicious about them. There have been some borderline posts in my opinion over the last year.

There can be problems with all scooter companies. Scooters don't last forever. I would hope a good company either fixes the problem so it doesn't happen again with a particular scooter or gets a new scooter.

To expect a customer to fill out a form as you posted that Apple wanted you to do is a little borderline again.

I am not going back again until Dec 2015, so I have lots of time to watch for problems with companies. I looked at Apple's web site yesterday when this came up and noticed that they aren't carrying the style scooter I like now, so I would probably be looking around anyhow. My inlaws swear by Walker.

I have used Buenavista twice and have been very satisfied with the condition of the ECVs. They have held the charge for a full day in the parks. I use the little GoGo. I plan to use them again in December .

I have used Buenavista twice and have been very satisfied with the condition of the ECVs. They have held the charge for a full day in the parks. I use the little GoGo. I plan to use them again in December .
We rented the GoGo from Buena Vista this past Feb, no problems and didn't even have to charge every day. We rented a van from National and some nights just left it in the van overnight. Last Sept we rented from Walker and they dropped it off at the Hyatt and we took it on the DCL transfer bus and then to the resort after the cruise. We had no problems but DH likes the GoGo better. With Walker we had to meet the truck at AKL Kidani, but again no problems doing this on the return.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents worth. We've been renting from Walker Mobility for years and always had a good experience (9+ years). I don't understand why they are not currently on the Disney Preferred list which a lot of users seem to go by for "official" recommendations on the board. Also not sure whats up with Apple, been seeing some really unflattering posts about them over the last few months.
Just my opinion, have a great trip and remember to drink plenty of water when in the Central Florida area this time of year, looks like it's starting the heat and humidity a little earlier than usual.

rj

Just wanted to give my 2 cents worth. We've been renting from Walker Mobility for years and always had a good experience (9+ years). I don't understand why they are not currently on the Disney Preferred list which a lot of users seem to go by for "official" recommendations on the board. Also not sure whats up with Apple, been seeing some really unflattering posts about them over the last few months.
Just my opinion, have a great trip and remember to drink plenty of water when in the Central Florida area this time of year, looks like it's starting the heat and humidity a little earlier than usual.

rj

People often go to what used to be called WDW's "preferred" vendors because they're the only ones that can be left with bell services for pick-up and drop-off. That's very convenient, especially if you're traveling odd hours and really need it available as soon as you reach your resort. To use Walker or any other vendor, the renter needs to meet and employee of that vendor both for pick-up and drop-off. My understanding is that Apple, Buena Vista, etc. had to put in an application and actually pay a fee to get the "preferred" (I can't remember what it's actually called now) status. WDW was also choosing to closely limit the number of vendors with the extra status because one of the reasons for the change was the sheer number of off-site rentals Bell Services were having to deal with. It's ultimately not a status that's about quality of service (although there are minimum standards they had to meet), but convenience.

People often go to what used to be called WDW's "preferred" vendors because they're the only ones that can be left with bell services for pick-up and drop-off. That's very convenient, especially if you're traveling odd hours and really need it available as soon as you reach your resort. To use Walker or any other vendor, the renter needs to meet and employee of that vendor both for pick-up and drop-off. My understanding is that Apple, Buena Vista, etc. had to put in an application and actually pay a fee to get the "preferred" (I can't remember what it's actually called now) status. WDW was also choosing to closely limit the number of vendors with the extra status because one of the reasons for the change was the sheer number of off-site rentals Bell Services were having to deal with. It's ultimately not a status that's about quality of service (although there are minimum standards they had to meet), but convenience.
True WheeledTraveler, Walker provides a "concierge" service as a convenience to customers which we have found works very well on our trips as well as freinds that rent from them as well. If it requires a "fee" to be a preferred vendor then that doesn't seem to be a testament to the vendors quality of service just seems a "bought" position.
Just my opinion.

rj

rj137 said:
...If it requires a "fee" to be a preferred vendor then that doesn't seem to be a testament to the vendors quality of service just seems a "bought" position.

Possibly for this reason, they are now considered "Featured Vendors" rather than "preferred."

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter