Recommendation for Small Camera Bag and Lens Help

MommaGinger

Mouseketeer
Good Morning,

We are heading to WDW and I have decided to bring my SLR instead of my point and shoot. I was hoping to get some great pictures of my DD for the holidays. I have a Canon EOS Rebel XT and I was thinking of bringing my 28 to 90 lens only because I really don't want to lug around my bigger lenses. I have two questions. Do you think that would be my best choice for an all purpose lens (I also have a 18 - 55 and a 75 - 300)? Also can anyone recommend a good small camera bag?

Thank you all very much for your advice.

Personally I'd take the 18-55 unless you prefer the image quality of the 28-90.

You'll lose out on the zoom range but 18mm will give you more wide-angle shots for landscapes, main street and such and 55 should get you "close enough" I'd think. But it really all depends on your shooting styles and preferences.

For a bag I use a messenger style bag (sits on the side with a flap) with some pockets. If I carry an additional lens it goes in one of the pockets and I can quickly store the camera when not readily shooting and/or get at it pretty quickly if I need it.

I'd bring the 18-55 only because the image quality is better than the Canon 28-90. That lens is pretty low quality by today's standards.

Thank you all so much for your responces. The 18-55 it is. I might throw my little point and shoot in my bag for any zoom shots I might need of my little one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter