Recommendation for large WH home?

mrsklamc

<font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what
We had a fabulous experience at 5mins2disney last time but our party is too large for them this time (5 adults, 2 teens, 3 under 3).

Anyone have recommendations for the 4-6 bedroom homes? I know I can put out an inquiry on the windsor hills site but I will feel better if I can get rec's here.

We had a fabulous experience at 5mins2disney last time but our party is too large for them this time (5 adults, 2 teens, 3 under 3).

Anyone have recommendations for the 4-6 bedroom homes? I know I can put out an inquiry on the windsor hills site but I will feel better if I can get rec's here.

Sorry - just realized you are looking for WH area. - Try www.homeaway.com - We rented 4 bedroom home in Davenport this past June from www.homeaway.com and found a second one for our visit in August in Crescent Lakes from the same site. Both were pool homes and we enjoyed the Crescent Lakes home so much we are returning to it in November. Homeaway has a carefree holiday guarantee as well. :woohoo: I'm sure they have WH area on the website.

We stayed here last Nov. It's very nice. No problems.
http://www.cyberrentals.com/rental/p250801
another website for it: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p250801

http://www.star-lake-manor.co.uk/

This isn't in WH but in the same area...and I would go out on a limb and say THE BEST home in Orlando.

We stayed at SLM this summer and I can't imagine a better home in the Orlando area. The owners are FABULOUS, the home is FABULOUS and they take GREAT pride & upkeep in their home.

It was the best place we've EVER stayed in-so hi-tech & luxurious-& the best vacation any of us have had.

We had 12 people and it never felt like it (8 adults & 4 kids ages 12-16). We spent a lot of time looking for each other :rotfl: .

Good luck on your search!

Star Lake Manor looks AMAZING!!!

However, if you are on a somewhat tighter budget, try http://www.vrbo.com/82895

We are headed back there in Nov, having enjoyed our stay so much in 2008. Don't expect theming, or high-end decor, but there was everything that 10 of us (from age 3 to 89) could ever need for our 10 days. We loved the place, the space, and despite looking forward to getting a break from our kitchens, we found ourselves eating a lot of meals there, just because it was so much more relaxing. We even cooked a full "Christmas dinner" to enjoy before heading off to MVMCP!

vrbo.com is a great site to search for properties, have used it numerous times, never had a disappointing experience.

Hope you find exactly what you are looking for!

My family (6 adults, 6 kids) stayed at Audry's House in Windsor Hills this summer. I would recommend it.

http://www.audreyshouseflorida.com/

It was close to everything. We stayed 6 nights in June.

I've looked at this one before but when they have "Marilyn Munro" on the first page that tells me right off they don't care about the 'small stuff'- automatically off my list of people to rent from.

I think that substituting "Munro" for "Monroe" just tells you they have poor visual memory skills.

I think that substituting "Munro" for "Monroe" just tells you they have poor visual memory skills.

If I'm renting a home though I want someone with superb attention to detail; and sometimes you have very little to go on with these things so I use every available detail.

I've always found that it is easy to get distracted by trying to find the "perfect" home. That's hard to do, because there are many many great ones, all competitively priced. You only need to find one that's a good fit for you. I wouldn't sweat Munro personally, but it's your money.

That said, we were very pleased with this one. Very responsive owners, very competitive price, decorated just as it appeared in the pictures, and several nice features (south facing pool, lock box, overlooking a retention/conservation area rather than someone else's pool). It's been several years now, but I'm still comfortable recommending it.

http://www.luxuryorlandovilla.co.uk/

If I'm renting a home though I want someone with superb attention to detail; and sometimes you have very little to go on with these things so I use every available detail.

Well we stayed there and did not have any issues with the home. If anyone has any questions about it, just PM me.

We stayed in the 5 bedroom home owned by Bob Lavender.

Check out www.lavendervacations.com

We tried to book again with him for our April 2011 trip but he was booked. He was amazingly responsive, dealt with any questions personally and the house was gorgeous. I would recommend either of his houses to anyone.

http://www.star-lake-manor.co.uk/

This isn't in WH but in the same area...and I would go out on a limb and say THE BEST home in Orlando.

We stayed at SLM this summer and I can't imagine a better home in the Orlando area. The owners are FABULOUS, the home is FABULOUS and they take GREAT pride & upkeep in their home.

It was the best place we've EVER stayed in-so hi-tech & luxurious-& the best vacation any of us have had.

We had 12 people and it never felt like it (8 adults & 4 kids ages 12-16). We spent a lot of time looking for each other :rotfl: .

Good luck on your search!

Wow. Great looking home, but they want $5250 for our dates next year. :scared1::rotfl2: My DH looked at me like I was crazy and said not in my wildest dreams. lol back to the drawing board! :lmao:

Yeah, I know...it APPEARS to be astronomical upon first look. But it depends on how you look at it. This home is HUGE & isn't for just one family so it's more economical when you share it with at least 4 other families, as we did.

It also depends on the level of comfort & luxury you're accustomed to or require. This home gives you that & MORE. When I go away, I feel more comfortable staying somewhere known for it's quality (Marriott's or better but I'm certainly not a Ritz Carlton girl--though I'd jump at the chance to stay there for a great discount rate). I'm willing to pay for that the cheapest way I can go. So I know I have to look forward to having to pay at LEAST $200 a night ($400 a nt. for 2 rooms). My portion for SLM averaged out to be $281.00 per night and that covered my family of 4 per night. I usually get my kids their own room in a hotel, so I couldn't get that price ANYWHERE, for the level of quality of vacation we had for 2 NICE hotel rooms.

So tell hubby...it's all in how you rationalize it, & how you do it ;) .

I can tell you, we're paying more for our upcoming Spring Break trip staying at Bonnet Creek than we did having the house last summer over 4th of July. And we had a WICKED pool party at the Summer Kitchen too.

I have spoiled everybody.

We stayed in the 5 bedroom home owned by Bob Lavender.

We tried to book again with him for our April 2011 trip but he was booked. He was amazingly responsive, dealt with any questions personally and the house was gorgeous. I would recommend either of his houses to anyone.

I can vouch for that! We stayed in the same 5 bedroom home in WH owned by Bob Lavender in June 2010 and it was stunning and VERY CLEAN! He was very responsive to our questions and we had a wonderful stay. We would book again with him if we had the oportunity.

Jamie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter