• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recommendation for family with teen and friend

Stitch123

Earning My Ears
Which hotel would you recommend for the following set-up: mom, dad, 14 year old boy and his friend? Ideally two separate rooms and three separate beds. Art of Animation looks cool but only seems to be suitable for families with younger kids, is that correct? My little boy is taller than me so we need regular beds. Thank you for your help!

In December my husband, myself, my daughter and her friend stayed at AOA in the Lion King rooms. They were 16 and they loved the resort.:thumbsup2

The bedroom has a queen. The murphy bed and pull out are both full sized.

They are great rooms for teens because the boys will have their own bathroom and you will have added privacy.

My 18 year old had no trouble getting comfortable on either of the beds at AOA. He is about 6' tall.

But I would think they would prefer the proximity of one of the EPCOt resorts.

If you can give in on having 2 separate rooms, many of the Deluxes (with the exception of the Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge) have a daybed. My son, who is 3 inches taller than I am and probably 30 pounds heavier, is very comfortable on it.

If you're thinking along these lines, take a look at Storm Along Bay, at the Beach/Yacht Clubs.
http://allears.net/acc/g_sab.htm

(Added bonus: you can walk to both Epcot and DHS.) You'll all have the times of your lives!!!

The Garden Wing rooms at the Contemporary are probably the least expensive Deluxe rooms on Disney property, and you can walk to the Magic Kingdom if you don't want to take the monorail.

Deluxe rooms at BWI have 3 beds. The rooms aren't completely seperate but there is a small wall that separates the 2 areas. There a 2 queens in the larger section and a pullout bed in the sitting area. I stayed there with my 2 14 year old nephews and it worked out great. I also has 2 tv's. Our room overlooked the boardwalk and the boys loved to sit on the balcony and watch the evening entertainment. We also stayed in a deluxe at WL. Those rooms have doors that separate the 2 rooms. The bedroom has 2 queens and the sitting has a pullout bed. The boys loved this resort. The pool is nicer than the boardwalk and it has lots of beautiful walking trails and wildlife. Not sure what your budget is but both of these were CL rooms.

Thank you for all the suggestions. Sounds like AoA would work fine, or maybe I'll go for the Contemporary. Ever since my first visit to MK in 1990 I've wanted to stay there!

We have two teen daughters, 15 & 17 and we took another 17 year old girl with us in early January. I was able to book two pool view rooms at AKL with the winter room only discount. The resort managed to get us connecting rooms so hubby and I had a room with two queens and the girls had a room with a queen and a set of bunk beds. The only one less than happy was the younger daughter, she didn't care for the bunk bed mattresses. two full bathrooms are wonderful along with the extra space and privacy as well. With the discount the rooms were manageable, <$200 per room per night, less than my single room at the Polynesian for this June!

Which hotel would you recommend for the following set-up: mom, dad, 14 year old boy and his friend? Ideally two separate rooms and three separate beds. Art of Animation looks cool but only seems to be suitable for families with younger kids, is that correct? My little boy is taller than me so we need regular beds. Thank you for your help!

If you are open to a deluxe resort, I'd go with the Contemporary as it is within walking distance to MK. For a value, I would definitely do POP Century...cool theming for teens and it is possible to get connecting rooms (we've done it). I love POP it is my favorite value resort. We've never done suites just went with connecting rooms. You can also "tour" AOA if you're interested. Hope this helped!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter