• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recommendation for a CS restaurant in Hollywood Studios?

CJK

DIS Veteran
We have NEVER enjoyed a counter service meal in DHS before and as a result, have tried to avoid eating there. On this trip however, we have very few park days so we don't want to have to leave in order to have lunch. Does anyone have a recommendation of a place to try? We're on the dining plan. I'd rather not "throw away" a CS credit on a bad meal again. Last year we ate at ABC and had to throw it away. :( TIA! :goodvibes

My family really enjoys Starring Rolls. Your only entree choices are a couple of different kinds of sandwich (turkey or ham on focaccia or a veggie pita) which comes with chips, but the sandwiches are very tasty. And the real stars are the desserts there... fantastic! Of course, since you're on the dining plan, you'll get a dessert with your meal.

I am planning Toy Story Pizza Planet. I've heard decent things about that. I haven't eaten there yet.

We love Rosie's but really did not care for Backlot Express. There is also a place near Rosie's to get Turkey Legs. Have a great trip!

We arrived at the Studio Catering Co. about 10 minutes prior to opening which was a nice relief from the heat & crowd. There was no push to find a table, stand in line, etc.

The food tasted fresh & hot. I ordered the Grilled Chicken w/Rice & Black Beans which was more than enough to share. DS6 ordered the drumstick meal, DS9 had the PB&J, DH ordered the Chicken Caesar Wrap which he also liked. We had more than enough food.

We arrived at the Studio Catering Co. about 10 minutes prior to opening which was a nice relief from the heat & crowd. There was no push to find a table, stand in line, etc.

The food tasted fresh & hot. I ordered the Grilled Chicken w/Rice & Black Beans which was more than enough to share. DS6 ordered the drumstick meal, DS9 had the PB&J, DH ordered the Chicken Caesar Wrap which he also liked. We had more than enough food.

I highly second the Studio Catering Co. Love, love the chicken w/rice and black beans and especially love the frozen margaritas at the bar!:lovestruc The covered area is nice break from the heat or if it's not hot there's a small uncovered area over by the bar that's great!

I'll third Studio Catering, but for the better than average bbq pork on a hoagie. Tried Backlot Express once and the burger was meh, but the fries were great. And Pizza Planet is alright, but wouldn't waste a credit.

Even though it's not that popular from various threads I have read on here, I would still recommend ABC Commissary because my family and I think it's a good place to eat at.

I have wrote down 2 restaurants that are "suggested".

one is Studio Catering or Fairfax. I remember reading Fairfax was brand new & fabulous... but honestly maybe I dreamed it up :)

Thanks for the recommendations!! Could someone tell me some of the dessert options at Starring Rolls? I can't find any of the dessert options online. Thanks!!

Thanks for the recommendations!! Could someone tell me some of the dessert options at Starring Rolls? I can't find any of the dessert options online. Thanks!!
The baked goods change often and there are many choices, but there is always fudge. Great fudge. And lots of things chocolate. I usually snack there as much as possible. Mmmmm.

Those desert case photos don't show the size, but those cupcakes are HUGE. We cut one into thirds to share and then get muffins or other choices to save for breakfast on another day. The cupcakes are moist and delicious!

Those desert case photos don't show the size, but those cupcakes are HUGE. We cut one into thirds to share and then get muffins or other choices to save for breakfast on another day. The cupcakes are moist and delicious!
I know, I loooove the Starring Rolls desserts -- looking at the pictures is making me drool. My father was convinced there was no good CS in DS until we dragged him to Starring Rolls, and now he can't wait to eat there.

Woohoo!!!! I'm hungry now and I have to wait 2.5 months! :rotfl: Thanks for posting the link to those pics. Looks delicious!

For CS at DHS, we almost always go to Toy Story Pizza Planet. Hard to go wrong with a slice of pizza and salad. Starring Rolls does have great desserts. I'd avoid ABC Commissary like the plague. Literally.

We usually go to Backlot Express for lunch (not the burgers), Starring Rolls a little later for dessert (none of the sandwich options appeals to DD)

Pizza Planet is probably fine, but since pizza is one of the few things DD likes on the kids' menu at all of the other CS restaurants in WDW, we try to avoid having pizza (again).

Our favorites are Starring Rolls and Backlot Express. At Backlot Express, there is a grilled vegetable sandwich on multi-grain bread that is fantastic. Also a grilled cheese sandwich with turkey that was very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter