recommend resort tour?

rhazz

Earning My Ears
We arrive at POP on 6/29 early afternoon and don't want to hit the parks until the next day, so we're thinking of taking a tour of some of the other resorts and see if we can get an ADR for dinner somewhere. Any suggestions for a tour of a few that would be worth our while? We'll have a rental car but can bus it if easier. Traveling with DD15 and DS14, no DW this time, she's tied up at work and is sending us off on our own!

We like visiting Fort Wilderness. From POP you could take a bus to MK then hop on a boat to FW. You can walk through the barns and there is a nice (and relatively economical) buffet at Trail's End for dinner. You can walk through the woods between FW and Wilderness Lodge where you could see deer and other animals. You can rent bicycles to ride around here as well.

You can also take a boat between FW, WL, and CR which gives you a nice view of Bay Lake. You can get off and check out any of these resorts, and if you're at CR you can hop on the monorail to visit the Poly and Grand Floridian as well.

To get back to POP you can catch a bus in front of MK or if you wanted to go for a couple monorail rides you could switch monorails at the TTC and ride to Epcot where you could get a POP bus from there. You can also take a bus from any resort to any park or DTD and get on a POP bus there. There is a lot of exploring you can do without a park ticket. Sounds like fun, enjoy!

Sounds like a perfect plan and spot for dinner. Ribs, fried Chicken, etc is right up my kids' alley. I think it will be nice to just mosey about our first afternoon before throwing ourselves into the chaos of the parks. Thanks for the recommendation. :thumbsup2

Yum. We made a point to visit there again this year over the Memorial Day week, we even ate there twice. From what I know it is the cheapest buffet on Disney's property and has good food. Their cornbread croutons are to die for. :) I even found a receipe on line for their cornbread and am trying to replicate the croutons for home.:thumbsup2

PS it opens at 4:30p

In terms of resort hopping, I would recommend the monorail resorts and then the Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach, Swan/Dolphin between Epcot and HS. And since you're staying at POP, you might as well walk over to AoA :)

We've certainly spent a wonderful afternoon/evening resort hopping. We've visited all the Crescent Lake resorts and also all the Monorail resorts. It is really fun to see all different themes.

My suggestion would be to take DHS bus from Pop & then boat to Epcot Resorts & have 5 different resorts to tour plus the Boardwalk, lots of great restaurants in this area. ESPN & Big River don't even take ADRs so you can go with the flow if you don't want ADRs (may have a wait) or make an ADR. Depending on how late the parks are open then you can take the boat back to DHS & the bus back to Pop. If you stay late you can get a cab back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter