Recommend me a fun Epcot resturant besides Coral Reef

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
Kevin and John's review of the resturant make it seem horrible I ate their once on the dining plan and to me I loved the ambiance and didn't think of the prices....what would you guys recommend as a fun alternative or a unique Epcot resturant.

We live in NYC so we are surrounded by good meals - I want something unique.

Thank you friends ;)
Mike

Kevin and John's review of the resturant make it seem horrible I ate their once on the dining plan and to me I loved the ambiance and didn't think of the prices....what would you guys recommend as a fun alternative or a unique Epcot resturant.

Thank you friends ;)
Mike

We actually liked Garden Grill a lot for supper; but have heard it get mixed reviews since we ate there. We also loved La Cellier.

We really enjoyed Teppan Edo. I know people say it's no different than any other hibachi, but it still was a lot of fun. And I have to say the filet mignon I got there was the best piece of steak I've ever had! It just melted in your mouth. Actually everyone in my family enjoyed their meals very much.

Putting aside any thought that WDW food could compare favorably with NYC area food and thinking purely in terms of a fun experience...Biergarten would be my vote. It is tough, even my small city has better hibachi, steak houses, Chinese and Mexican than Epcot, KWIM? But, when I eat at Disney I am thinking of the overall experience so can enjoy Teppan Edo, Chefs de France, etc. on their own merit. OTOH, Biergarten is nearly my DH's favorite restaurant experience of all time but he is much less particular than I am. :)

Thank you friends ;)
Mike
I'm from NYC too....now I live in Catskills.....

Coral Reef is unique, but I would not say fun.....and we enjoy Coral Reef.....

Biergarten is fun. Morocco can be fun too.

San Angel Inn, inside Mexico, is also a fun spot.

Take notice - food is not necessarily the focus at any of these places.

Biergarten is the most fun we've had at any restaurant at wdw. The band and the quart beers can't be matched! Note: go for dinner the band doesn't play for lunch!

Biergarten is a lot of fun but the food was just ok for me. Not my type of food but a lot of other people rave about the food. I thought the atmosphere was really awesome and I personally love sitting at a table with other people bc I am a total people person. My husband and son not so much though, lol. Another choice would be Teppan Edo. Its a fun place but its what I like to call Disneyified Hibachi. Living in NY you prolly have loves of Hibachi Grills around and so you might be disappointed if you have been to Hibachi Grills before. But the food is actually pretty decent. We also liked Garden Grill the food was really good and Chip and Dale are super funny!

I'm not particularly enamored with the food choices at Epcot. Only exceptions are Via Napoli for the pizza and San Angel Inn for the margaritas. Not sure if you are vetted to Epcot, but if I wanted something unique and good and fun, I'd go to Sanaa over in the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Fun? I would say try Teppan Edo ot Rose and Crown. If you are paying OOP, R&C tends to be less expensive. It is a family favorite.

We really annoyed Biergaten. We're going again next week. German food seems hard to come by compared to most of the Epcot offerings, so that's a factor for us. Plus it's just a fun atmosphere and a good show. It's like Oktoberfest all year round!

In terms of "fun" you might consider Teppan Edo, Marrakesh, and/or Biergarten.

We love Garden Grill. It's one of the most relaxing meals we have - even though there are characters, it is calm, and quite delicious! The rotating restaurant also makes for a special atmosphere.

We love Hibachi grills - but we do not do Teppan Edo very often. We don't find the food as good as most of our home Hibachi restaurants, and way more expensive for a lot less food, however it is always "fun" and it's a little difference because they do reference the "Mouse". So if you don't mind paying for a okay hibachi meal that may not fill you up (my husband's always hungry after this meal) then you can go for the experience.

NY truly has everything on the planet when it comes to the food scene, so my personal recommendation would be not to do comparisons when u r at Disney.
Since you are looking for unique, the Morocco experience at Spice Road (right on the water in Epcot), specially their wine flight paired with Kabobs is unique (in the sense that the wines are all from Morcocco or countries near it).
The Chinese Tea selection in their tea shack (my word for it) is kinda unique.
Outside of Epcot, if your budget allows (around $500 for 2), V&A is absolutely unique and truly an experience.

You guys rock thanks for your awesome recommendations next time we go out I'll treat you guys to a meal ;)

Putting aside any thought that WDW food could compare favorably with NYC area food and thinking purely in terms of a fun experience...Biergarten would be my vote.

Agreed! Since you're looking at experience, Biergarten is one of the most fun dinner experiences in Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter