• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recommend how you booked your DIScruise

Dreams Unlimited is highly reputable and they often offer nice perks for Disney cruises. :)

I booked directly through Disney then transferred our reservation to AAA to get free onboard credit. :cutie:

We've booked our 4th Disney cruise with DU. They have always gotten back to us quickly and they have a nice on-board credit right now. Every little bit helps!:goodvibes

I worked with 1cheapcruise.com. Best OBC and service- would use them again!

I have used Sam's club travel (Expedia), vacationstogo, and currently DU because they have the best OBC.

After our first cruise, we always re-booked on board (to get the OBC and the 10% discount) and kept our travel agent (Costco) so we could get their gift card as well (usu around $125-150 for $2200-2700 cruise: I am not sure how they calculate the exact amount).

Since we have done it several times, I am ok with using Costco, but I would not recommend them. You generally wait 10 min to get a travel rep and then if you need something from Disney - they call Disney and that can take several minutes to get the DCL rep on the phone. Often Costco does not get it right, so I have recently taken to requesting that they keep me on the line as a 3-way call when they talk to DCL.

Further, Costco has a new policy such that if you change the sail date they will charge you $35. They state that this is their fee for the change.

I look forward to other answers since on our next cruise we may likely change to another TA.

Good luck.

One other Costco benefit is that their travel insurance is less expensive and seems to be as comprehensive as others I have researched. It has run us around $85 for two adults and two children.

I booked AAA and haven't had the best of luck... MH's friend is looking for a recommendation for how to book a Disney Cruise -- what travel agent/website gives the best deal for the cruise, and OBC's, etc.

(I see Dreams Unlimited as an ad -- but are they cool? :cool1:)

I agree with you about AAA. We decided to book with them for this summer because of some of the things they were offering at that time. I won't be rushing back to rebook with them. When I booked the cruise I asked about being able to book excursions etc. at the 90 day mark since we are CC. They called Disney Group sales and the answer was it wouldn't be a problem. Today I went to pay the balance so I could do excursions coming up and was told that I will be able to do it around May 19th. That is even less than 60 days out. There will be little left and I'll have to rush to the ship and go through all of that. I am frustrated but not much I can do about it now. We are waiting for a call from the Disney rep about this question. If i don't hear from AAA by tomorrow, I'll call Disney myself to make sure they understand what I'm asking for. I don't think my agent really knows much about Disney. Live and learn. Saving money sometimes isn't saving you anything at all.

We booked next month's cruise with DU - they were able to find and apply cruise discounts as they became open even AFTER the cruise was paid in full (we are FL residents, Retired military, CC members, Passholders). Our price has dropped over $2000 for 2 adults in a Category 6 from the original price when we booked the cruise last fall. Plus we got a $200 shipboard credit! You better believe we'll be using Dreams Unlimited again!

I agree with you about AAA. We decided to book with them for this summer because of some of the things they were offering at that time. I won't be rushing back to rebook with them. When I booked the cruise I asked about being able to book excursions etc. at the 90 day mark since we are CC. They called Disney Group sales and the answer was it wouldn't be a problem. Today I went to pay the balance so I could do excursions coming up and was told that I will be able to do it around May 19th. That is even less than 60 days out. There will be little left and I'll have to rush to the ship and go through all of that. I am frustrated but not much I can do about it now. We are waiting for a call from the Disney rep about this question. If i don't hear from AAA by tomorrow, I'll call Disney myself to make sure they understand what I'm asking for. I don't think my agent really knows much about Disney. Live and learn. Saving money sometimes isn't saving you anything at all.

Your AAA agent does NOT know what they are talking about. :sad2: You will be able to book at 90 days as CC members as long as they have applied your payment. I would verify that DCL has received it so they aren't holding it for the 60 day mark. DCL will cancel if they don't get payment before then.

My local AAA people didn't know what they were talking about when I spoke with them about a cruise many years ago. I knew way more than they did. So, I called another agent. I found that the AAA "perk" in their add that had attracted me initially was available thru any agency.

As Pp said, your AAA agent above doesn't have their information correct.

There are lots of good agents and agencies who know Disney and DCL and will give you excellent service as well as perks like onboard credits. Disney sets the rates, and there are very few (and very limited) ways an agent can have a lower rate than the DCL site. Thus, you are really shopping for service. Decide what is important to you, and find an agent that has it. An 800 number to discuss things? Rapid response to e-mails? Insurance that provides cheaper and/or better coverage than what DCL sells? Have they been to the Disney training? Have they been on the ship personally? (Translation--do they know what they're talking about?) What is their policy re: cancellations or changes to your reservation--is there a fee? If DCL reduces the rate on your cruise, will your TA have it on their computer and automatically call and get the lower rate for you or will you have to see it, call them and tell them to do it?

A good agent is a LOT more than an onboard credit or a shopping card.

Your AAA agent does NOT know what they are talking about. :sad2: You will be able to book at 90 days as CC members as long as they have applied your payment. I would verify that DCL has received it so they aren't holding it for the 60 day mark. DCL will cancel if they don't get payment before then.

Thanks Lisa. I know she processed the payment at the AAA local location. I'm not sure what AAA group sales have done with the payment? They had left a message with DCL group sales about this issue. I plan to call DCL group sales later today. The agent hasn't called me or emailed me back in 24 hours. I would think she would make sure she had an answer of some kind for me since I have all ready freaked out to the manager because of lack of communication with this agent. AAA will be paying my membership renewal for next year. I would have changed my reservation but the price was really good. Plus it isn't hard to book a cruise.

Dreams Unlimted all the way! Superior service, and always looking out for their clients.

This is our second cruise booked through them, and I won't go anywhere else at this point.

Small World Travel fan here! Never been disappointed by the service or responses given. I even get copies of the faxes confirming the payments been applied. I feel comfortable and happy.

Ditto for vacationstogo.com. I have used Cliff Rhodes w/vacations to go to book three Disney Cruises.

I went straight to DU to book. They have been fantastic. I'm really impressed. Any cruise or WDW holiday is hard to book from here. We don't have access to the full product through the agents here. I will always be using DU in future.

when I posted a similar question a week or so ago, I heard quite a few negative remarks about DU and no real references for Mousesavers.....

As it turns out, I have a friend or a realative who is a TA...She probably doesn't know DCL much but thats what you guys are for..I make the decisions and she books it....

I happen to have had an awesome AAA TA but she moved up in the company and no longer does travel:headache:
So far her replacement seems ok, I am watching closely, not all AAA have been thru Disney training. She apparently has.
I have also worked with DU, Merrie Thomas, and found her to be excellent!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter