Recommend an Epcot area resort

pinkivy

SkeeeWeee!
We are in the midst of planning our 2011 trip:cool1:. We stayed at the Poly last summer and while we truly truly enjoyed our stay there (and I would stay there again in a heartbeat), a part of me wants to try something new. We will be traveling with teens, so while the monorail is convenient, its not a must. However, fun and lots to do are. Kids also love swimming, so the pool is important as well. Our favorite parks are Magic Kingdom first with Epcot a close second. I am torn between Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Boardwalk. TIA!

Storm Along Bay is the best pool so that narrows it down to Beach Club and Yacht Club. We have stayed at both and prefer Beach Club.

Another vote for the Beach Club. It's by far and away our favorite resort. SAB is fantastic. Yacht Club is good as well, but a bit more formal - we like the more relaxed atmosphere of the BC a bit better!

I'm with the others here about SAB; however, I'm going to reverse it and say I like the YC better. I like the quiter resort with a little less noise. Either way, they are both great resorts.

I'd recommend BWI in a heartbeat. I thought BWI would be too spread out, too noisy, and too difficult to find QS food. I was completely wrong. The decor is lovely, and the redone rooms look really really nice. :lovestruc

The main pool looks like fun (although I have to avoid looking at the giant scary clown) and with BWI's location close to EPCOT and DHS makes it a pleasure to walk into and out of two parks. :goodvibes

Since the pool is important to you: I think Stormalong Bay at Yacht Club/BeachClub is nicer than the Boardwalk's theme pool, and I think the Beach Club Villas quiet pool is nicer than the Boardwalk's quiet pools. I seem to recall that the Boardwalk's theme pool had a fancy slide, but was ordinary other than that. Check out pictures of the pools (allearsnet probably has some) and see what you think.

You can easily walk from Boardwalk to Yacht/Beach Club and vice versa. I like Beaches & Cream but I also like the Boardwalk's bakery.

We LOVE the YC!!! It was always our teens favorite place to stay. They loved SAB and being able to walk around the Boardwalk at night. Of course, their 2 favorite parks being within walking distance (or a short boat ride) was a bonus to them...but the YC is easily my family's favorite!:thumbsup2

Another vote for BC and SAB....we were just there in December and are planning on returning there in May of 2011. Just an FYI--the Epcot resorts (no matter which one you choose) are all very pretty and are very convient because you are inbetween 2 parks, which are very easy to get to. I always thought that the MK resorts were the way to go, but now that I have stayed in an Epcot resort, I want to keep staying there :thumbsup2

We love Stormalong Bay so will only stay at the YC or the BC.

If the pool doesn't matter, then I'd consider BWI.

Between YC and BC, they are both really nice. YC has a more elegant lobby and it a bit quieter. BC has more families and crowds in the lobby because of the character meal there. Both have newly renovated rooms. They are very similar, so I either take whichever is available or just decide based on the look. Oh, and YC rooms all have full balconies -- that is just a request at the BC. We're happy at either resort!:goodvibes

As a teen, I like Beach Club best. It's the shortest walk to Epcot, the pool complex is the best in WDW, and I like the casual atmosphere best of the three resorts (Boardwalk's atmosphere is also fun, and it's only a short walk from the Beach Club).

But you really can't go wrong. Wherever you choose, you'll have easy access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, along with a beautiful lakeside setting.

Another vote for BC. We stayed there for a week summer before last summer and it was awesome!! We requested a room close to EPCOT and it took less than 2 minutes for us to be inside the International Gateway! DS19, DD18, and her BFF had such a wonderful time!! We did breakfast at Cape May several times because it was DD's favorite meal.

We did go over to the YC, but preferred BC way more! The difference to us was the light and airy feel of the BC compared to the dark woods and furnishings of the YC. It was just too much like a huge lawyer's office to me with all the dark leather chairs.

Have a great trip!!

Beach Club, hands down. We have stayed at the BC and YC and even though they share the same amenities, we love the decor and feel of the BC so much better.

In regards to Stormalong Bay, we were always big water park fans. So much so that we would visit the water parks each morning, then come back to the resort, shower, change and hit the parks in the late afternoon. Once we stayed at the BC (and YC) we totally eliminated the water park option on our passes. There was no longer a need to go since SAB was almost like a mini water park in itself.

I always view the BW/YC/BC as one large resort that basically shares the same transportation, dining and shopping amenities, along with the convenience of the location. The only difference to me are the pools and SAB blows away any other WDW resort pool area.

Jay

We are BIG Yacht Club fans. For us, it was the perfect accommodations, location, amenities, and service. We've never been disappointed there.

definately, BW :thumbsup2
BC is geared toward little ones (and there are many, many of them). SAB is nice, but swimming difficult b/c it is so crowded.
at the BW, the teens can hang out on the BW, eat ice cream, watch the street performers, hit the arcade, play tennis, etc. the quiet pools are beautiful (there is a community hall by the BWV pool). there are lots of places in the BW to take strolls, lounge around, etc. you don't have to stay at the BW to do many of these things, but the teens could have much more freedom if you are so close-by. honestly, if your kids were very little, i would prob say BC, but anywhere around 8-10yo and up, BW wins hands down. (fyi, we love the yacht club, but it would prob be too quiet for the teens. and again, they prob wouldn't care for how crowded SAB gets).

of course, distance to EPCOT and DHS is similar, but the BW offers much more in terms of activities, imho
enjoy :)

BC is terrific and the pool is the best at WDW. Our kids loved it. But, be prepared for a LONG bus ride to the MK.

BC is terrific and the pool is the best at WDW. Our kids loved it. But, be prepared for a LONG bus ride to the MK.

Great point for either the BC or YC. Our trip back on the bus to the YC after the MK closed was the single worst trip on a Disney bus we've ever had. It was hot, crowded, smelly, and long. Ugh!

We stayed at the BC last May and LOVED it! I thought maybe there would be swarms of kids but that wasn't the case at all. We loved the proximity to Epcot and DS. When we returned from DS one evening we got off at the Swan dock and strolled the Boardwalk on the way back to the BC. It was so much fun! Teens could definitely walk to/from both Epcot and DS from BC. It would be a fun walk!

We had requested a water view room close to the Epcot gate and we were assigned the very last room facing the lake. It was perfect and VERY quiet!!!

My kids loved SAB and it was only really crowded the last Friday we were there. Other days it was not crowded (in May).

Good luck with your planning! I am sure you will have a great time!

Another vote for BC. We've stayed there 3 times - it's lovely and the location is perfect. My kids love it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter