Recommend a good point and shoot camera

sdjen

DIS Veteran
Can anyone recommend a good one? I need something really easy to use as I am not good at picking settings etc... Good video would also be a plus. I dont want to spend more than about $200-$250 but want a good camera.

Thanks in advance.

I just got the Nikon L310 it is a awesome camera. Paid 130 on sale at target its 15 mp 21 time zoom and has video too. Normal is 200 either way, its worth it. Its better then I expected!

I just bought a Canon A4000. I paid $99 from Target with case and SD card. The camera is on clearance ("temporary price cut" and according to the store clerk they're replacing them with a new version soon) and the price dropped from $180 (without the extras). I used it for the first time this weekend. The shutter speed seemed good 99% of the photos I snapped were in focus and the zoom is 8X so I was able to get up close shots without being on top of my subject. it also has a wide angle lens. The only thing I didn't like was that it takes a few seconds to write the photos to the SD card but I think part of the problem is the SD card's r/w speed is not fast. I have a better card with a faster r/w speed and I'm going to try that and see if it makes a difference.

I have a SOny CYbershot.
It was $300. It is waterproof,freeze and drop proof.

I bought one and then my daughter and mom bought one of their one.

After I had a chance to take some pics with Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V, i must say I'd rethink purchasing DSLR camera if it was available for me.

Never saw a P&S camera to take such a spectacular pictures under a low light condition at a long distance.

It is $300 camera, but is well worth the money. ::yes:: easy to use, and even the AUTO mode works great under any conditions.

In the $250 range you can find someme cameras with 1/1.7" sensors which are bigger/better than the 1/2.3" sensors.

Canon S95/S100 Very small and pocketable with nice picture quality.

Pansonic LX7 A bit nicer than the Canon but a bit bigger. Not much bigger for a purse. Also the LX5. Hard to say if you can find these for $250 but if you can they are very good.

After I had a chance to take some pics with Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V, i must say I'd rethink purchasing DSLR camera if it was available for me.

Never saw a P&S camera to take such a spectacular pictures under a low light condition at a long distance.

It is $300 camera, but is well worth the money. ::yes:: easy to use, and even the AUTO mode works great under any conditions.

I have the same camera - Love it. I took pictures in a room with ultraviolet lighting only and the pictures came out fabulous. Great camera for pictures with people moving. I bought mine for 300 at Best Buy saved 100. New cameras will come out soon and they will be dropping prices on current models. Love my choice. Researched for 2 months after mine quit working. Made the right choice. I just went on a trip to an indoor waterpark and have fabulous pictures.

Got a panasonic lumix lx5 at Christmas time for $249. Short on zoom but very sharp photos.

Panasonic Lumix, pick your telephoto length. I got a 16 mp with 20x's. zoom. Great for Disney. I print photos to sell from it.

We've used a number of Canon SD series (SD400, SD800) over the years and they've been phenomenal out of the box. We've never had to adjust any setting. Low light pictures are not that great, but that's the case with most cameras (esp without a tripod).

The results are fabulous. At times, to add a little extra, we run it through the iPhoto "Enhance" and love the results. SD800 is a number of years old and their latest SD series model should be worth looking at.

I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ35. Bought it a couple of years ago, so probably not available now. It takes great pictures and video. Has an 18x optical zoom.

Get one with a prime lens if you can. Some of them have come down in price. I bought an Olympus before Christmas trip and pics come out great in low light.

I'm also in the market for new camera, my friend suggested Nikon. I haven't gone to look at any yet but will need to in the next couple of months!

Wanted to add I have 2 Kodaks - one a gift from my parents the other I won. I've had problems with both;(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter