Recomend an off-site property...

MomRN

DIS Veteran
I've been searching and searching so I have some ideas, but thought I would see if there's any other ideas or recommendations out there. We are going to Orlando October 7-12. Our primary plan is to go to both the Universal and Disney Halloween Party. So, location isn't a huge deal, as long as it is somewhere around or between the two. We will have a rental car.

What I do want is a decent continental breakfast. It makes things so much easier when the food is already provided before leaving. This is a must.

What my husband wants is a stovetop. He likes to make his own sweet tea. This is negotiable as we can find other ways for him to get sweet tea, but is definitely a plus.

Must be clean, safe, and around $100 per night. Right now I'm leaning toward Residence Inn SeaWorld. We've been there before so we are familiar with it, but I like to try new things. In the past we've stayed at Disney and off-site at Windsor Hills (love Windsor Hills, but with the shorter stay really want hotel convenience of getting beds made and breakfast available).

Suggestions?

Try looking at the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd. the Downtown Disney hotels. They usually have all sorts of deals where the rooms are under $100 per night. Plus, you get shuttle service to the parks and are on property.

I would look into those as well. Their website is www.downtowndisneyhotels.com

I did a quick search for those dates and just at the Best Western their rates start at $75.65 per night. I have stayed at all these properties and have never had a bad visit. They are not 5 star Waldorf Astoria's or anything like that. However, they are nice and offer a good location, free shuttles to the park and you are on property.

I've been searching and searching so I have some ideas, but thought I would see if there's any other ideas or recommendations out there. We are going to Orlando October 7-12. Our primary plan is to go to both the Universal and Disney Halloween Party. So, location isn't a huge deal, as long as it is somewhere around or between the two. We will have a rental car.

What I do want is a decent continental breakfast. It makes things so much easier when the food is already provided before leaving. This is a must.

What my husband wants is a stovetop. He likes to make his own sweet tea. This is negotiable as we can find other ways for him to get sweet tea, but is definitely a plus.

Must be clean, safe, and around $100 per night. Right now I'm leaning toward Residence Inn SeaWorld. We've been there before so we are familiar with it, but I like to try new things. In the past we've stayed at Disney and off-site at Windsor Hills (love Windsor Hills, but with the shorter stay really want hotel convenience of getting beds made and breakfast available).

Suggestions?

If you are only going to Disney for the Halloween Party I would stay away from Disney property or DTD, that will keep your cost down.

Found a great match: I put in your dates for the Hilton Homewood Suites that is just south of the Orlando Eye. I stayed a week last year and it's an easy drive to WDW and Universal. Great location. They are suites that include a nice hot breakfast with lots of options, dinner beer & wine Mon-Thurs and have a kitchen with a stovetop. For your dates I got $113 AAA and $119 regular for 1 bedroom King Suite. No resort fees or parking fees.

http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/e...al-drive-convention-center-MCOCVHW/index.html

Last edited:
I'm thinking about Residence Inn Seaworld for this weekend. We've stayed there many times and love it.

Pros:
Lots of parking
friendly staff
clean, large rooms
great, free breakfast
Easy access to I-4 to DTD and Disney parks.
no resort or parking fees

Cons (if you're going to Universal):
You can't get on to I-4 to go to Universal at this exit.

I wanted to finally try Buena Vista Suites since this trip will focus on DTD, but their reservations said they are almost full and have some large groups.

Thanks... The Homewood Suites is what I'm looking for. I thought about DTD, we will go there during the stay, but I'm not a fan of the traffic in that area. General plan of doing the parties, hitting DTD and the outlets, one day to go to the beach... Maybe Old Town if we can squeeze it in. I like the Comfort Suites by Old Town, but no stovetop...

Both Residence Inn and Homewood suites are great properties. I have stayed at both and never disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter