Recognition of Special Days?

SleepyDeb

Mouseketeer
Hubby and I will be sailing on a 10 day cruise. His birthday is embarkation day and our anniversary is deembarkation (that's the right word, right? It's late.) day. I'm not looking for anything free, but a Happy Birthday as we check in or board would be nice. Is there value in asking my TA to tell DCL?

Much like in WDW, when Disney asks if you are celebrating anything, do not expect anything if you answer yes and be happy if it leads to anything. On DCL, that would mean a small birthday cake at the MDR and a song from the servers for the birthday, and maybe a bottle of Prosecco in the room for your anniversary. But unless you are willing to walk around ‘it‘s my birthday’ button, do not expect them to get a ‘Happy birthday’ from the CM’s.

What you could do is be the one to talk to the greeter when you get onboard and mention the birthday. They might mention it when they welcome you onboard instead of just calling your surname.

I was sailing during my actual birthday and never mentioned it and received a birthday button in my room one cruise. We too are hoping to sail in July on the 10 night. We will have lots of celebrating. Its our anniversary (but didn’t book for that). My granddaughter’s high school graduation, plus turning 18 and little sister‘s 16th. The birthdays are before the sail date, but it’s still a gift from Nana (that’s me).

whenever you ktw card is scanned apparently the cm gets a special screen on the actual day. I spent my bday on the Fantasy in October and had the shop make a big deal out of it when I bought something. I also had to go ask something at gr that day, the cm shouted happy bday as I left and later int he day I got a magical moment certificate sent to the room commemorating my bday. I also got the bday button upon check in (I'm international and still need to go to a desk for check in at port) and had the little cake at dinner.

I didn't do anything extra to tell them it was my bday, but when I went to the bar at Serenity Bay the bartenders sang to me.

We boarded on my birthday one year and the check-in CM gave me a birthday button to wear. I got tons of “happy birthday”s all day and I believe a special dessert and birthday song at dinner.

I marked it was our anniversary online and we had buttons waiting for us in our room. Upon seeing the buttons, our servers did a happy anniversary song that evening with a dessert and our stateroom attendant did special towel swans with rose petals. It was all super nice, since I didn’t expect much of anything.

My son turned 5 the day we boarded - he was brought a piece of cake and sung to that night at dinner! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter