Reclining Seats - again

Pcross

Earning My Ears
I know this subject has been done to death, but I have just had a nightmare trip from Boston to Heathrow with Virgin.

From the moment we departed, the chap in front put his seat way back, I was reluctant to put mine back as we were in the last but one row and the people behind had limited space.

When the meals came round he showed no sign of moving his seat forward, and the flight attendant had to ask him to do this. As soon as the his meal was collected back went his seat, even though I was still eating. At one point he put his hands behind his head, and his fingers covered half of my TV screen!! - I promply pulled his fingers.

Why can't the airlines in economy ask that seats are not reclined until after the main meal.

I would be happy if they did'nt recline at all.

Sorry to rant.

Pat

Hi Pat - our last trip back fro the States on Virgin was a nightmare - young couple in front of us put their seats in recline mode as soon as plane was airborne - and they stayed that qay until half an hour to touchdown - 8 hours later. They went fast asleep and when I complained that I couldn't eat my food because I, too, am "real woman" size, the cabin crew said it was a shame to wake them!! I would say what I thought at this stage, but this real woman also tries to be a lady.....;)

No amount of kicking, barging and downright hanging on the back of their chairs woke them.

My DD was the only comfortable one.

This year we're trying Premium Economy and if it isn't good I'm gonna cry!:rolleyes:

Last time we flew Virgin to Orlando (2000) The children in front kept putting thier seats back and forwards, then they proceeded to put thier hands all over the tv screeens ect. They drove my huband and I nuts. In the end I had to say something to the mother, who looked at me lilke I was a child eating monster.

While I understand it is hard to keep children seated ect during these long flights it never fails to amaze me, that the parents of such children do not have thier flights interupted by thier children because they are annoying someone else.

AND ANOTHER THING............When people stand on planes, why do they always stand next to my seat practically sitting on my head while they hold long conversations with a fellow passenger......

AND ANOTHER THING

Why do people always pull hard on the seat in front when they get up

AND ANOTHER THING

Yes i have to agree why do they put those B****Y reclinig seats back fully, there is little enough room as it is in economy..............

AND ANOTHER THING

IM GOING THE WEEK AFTER NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

Pat I absolutely understand. On our return from Orlando in October the same thing. The man in front of me reclined his seat as soon as he sat down! I started to panic as I actually get quite claustrophic which means I have to sit on the aisle, so changing seats wasn't an option, but when I asked him politely if he would mind sitting his seat a little more upright he was actually very nice and accommodating about it and didn't recline his seat again until the lights went out. It is awful the amount of space between seats especially once reclined. To make matters worse we had the family from hell sitting behind us who kept us awake the whole journey. All in all it was not a pleasant experience. So much so that we are seriously considering forking out the extra and travelling premium economy next time!

Annmarie

I have never tolorated the person in front putting their seat back as in infringes on my little bit of personal space.. So s far so good. Paying for Premium Economey this year though DH is 6ft3 and has a cracked bone in bottom of spine so cramping him in a small space doesn't really help him.

Yes I agree they should stop all seats in economy reclining. But does everyone who walks down the aisle grab the back of the seats resulting in a near bald spot on my head at the end of a 9 hour flight. Hello yes this does hurt. And yes I will tell you.

The main problem is some people believe they are more important than others and therefore act this way. As for kiddies I have none but to be honest a child is never a problem to me whether they are noisey or not. You just have to remember they are very bored very resticted and are not being upset or loud to annoy its just their way of saying they are bored.

Do you think Virgin are 'planting' these people in economy so more people switch to premium economy for their next trip ;)

Who pays this Family-from-Hell to go backward and forwards on every flight? Haven't they got anything better to do?
Carol:rolleyes:

You just have to remember they are very bored very resticted and are not being upset or loud to annoy its just their way of saying they are bored.

this is a very understanding attitude, unfortunatly I don't think it's a very common one. Most parents are very aware that their children are annoying other passengers and will do what they can to keep them under control, but with small children it's a 'damage limitation exercise' so is it more annoying to have them pull on your seat, or scream for 8 hours because I am holding her in a tight lock to prevent it. I try and keep Katie under control, but she has her moments! and sometimes I worry that my voice saying 'don't do that Katie, just sit down Katie, be quiet Katie' is equally annoying.

Bev

the last time I went a young couple with a baby were seated near us. The husband was very unwell so the baby was always on the mums lap. Until in the end I had the baby for about 4 hours. Weird though as I do ot have a maternal bone in my body. I did feel for the couple and anyone else who has little ones and people are very good at expressing their opions very loudly which only seems to upset things more so.

What also baffles me is that people moan when kids are running around in the departure lounge. Surely this is good as it tires them out a little bit for the flight?

Let 'em run and run and run and run.............

When we flew PE last August we had exit seats and had a member of cabin crew sitting facing us during take-off and landing. She told us that passengers reclining seats is by far and away the biggest single cause of upset and arguments, but that people are perfectly entitled to recline and so they always have to uphold that right, regardless of their own opinion. In other words, unless someone is doing something other than simply reclining their seat, trying to get a member of cabin crew to intervene on your behalf is a fruitless exercise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter