Recipe???

heidijot

I Am The Evil Queen
Hello,

Does anyone know how I can obtain the recipe for the fried dough(beinets) that they make for the Crystal Palace breakfast?? :thumbsup2
They are my favorite and I would love to make them at home!!

Thanks,

Heidi

Beignets are actually a cajun doughnut made popular by Cafe Du Monde in New Olreans. So you may find the recipe in most Cajun or Creole cook books or even try Betty Crocker. Here is my favorite recipe:

Makes: 50 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour, 0 minutes

Ingredients
1/2 cup shortening 1/2 cup sugar
2 packages yeast 6 1/2 cup plain flour
1 tsp salt 1 cup evaporated milk
2 eggs, well beaten

Directions
Cream together shortening, sugar, and salt.

Add one cup boiling water and one cup milk. Set aside.

Mix yeast well in 1/4 cup warm water. Add this and beaten eggs to the mixture and mix well.

Add 3 1/2 cups flour and beat with spoon. Add another 3 cups of flour and mix. Put the dough in a greased covered container in the refrigerator.

When ready to fry, roll out dough 1/4 inch thick and cut into 3 inch squares with a knife. Use knife to cut 1/2 inch slit in the middle of each square.

Fry in deep fat about 360 degrees until golden brown on both sides. Powdered sugar may be sprinkled on top. Drain on paper towels.

Dough may be kept in refrigerator for a few days.

This is from AllEarsNet. These are the beignets served at PO but I'm sure they are the same all over WDW:

Ingredients

1 pack dry yeast
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
7 cups flour
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tsp Salt
1 cup undiluted evaporated milk
1/4 cup soft shortening oil, for frying
Confectioner's sugar

Method

In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over water, stir to dissolve. Add sugar, salt, eggs, and milk. Blend with rotary beater. Add 4 cups of the flour. Cover and chill overnight. Roll out on floured board to 1/8" thickness. Cut into 2 1/2" squares. Deep fry at 360 degrees 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle heavily with confectioner's sugar. Makes about 5 dozen.

NOTE: Dough keeps well in refrigerator for several days. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and punch down occassionally.

Thank you to everyone who has responded!!! :cool1: I will give the recipe a try and give up on those few pounds I gained with the Free DDP!!

Thanks again,
Heidi

Cafe Du Monde makes a mix that sells at all our local grocery stores. I'm sure you can get it on-line as well. They are exactly the same. You only have to add water.

I found in a Southern living magazine (It said it was the puffed french toast from crystal palace). I have made it several times & my kids love it.

2 whole eggs
2 1/2 tbls sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups milk
1 cup flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
12 slices texas toast, cut in half diagonally
cinnamon sugar mixture (4 tsp cinnamon, + 3/4 cup granulated sugar)

Mix eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, & milk until blended. Slowly add flour & baking powder; mix until smooth. Dip bread into batter. Fry in hot skillet with 1" oil until browned. (do not make your oil to hot or it brown's before cooking the batter on the inside)

Drain on paper towel; roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture.

My kids love this. Oh & I agree Cafe Du Monde has great beignets. There is a place in Baton Rouge called Coffee Call & they have great beignet fingers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter