Reception Set Up/Decor

mystiichell

It's all about the Mouse
I know that whatever you purchase from Disney (floral, candles, & other decor) they take care of setting up for you.

How do you handle setting up the items you bring with you or have shipped ahead? I have seen many posts where people have brought car loads of items for decor, centerpieces, candles, etc.... Will Disney set these up for you? Or, do you have to make arraingements for doing the set up yourself?

They will set up for you, both your stuff and the things you buy from them. I believe they set up 3 things for three then after that you have a charge. There maybe a one time charge for this as well. To me it was totally worth it, especially with all I had to set up and all of the floral moves. Don't worry, let Disney Floral work for you. They are the best!!!

I just wanted to add that they will not set up your things if you are an Intimate bride. Of course Intimates do not have an official reception, but we are having floral and some decoration at our wedding dinner at CG. Disney will not set up our placecards, menus, etc. For Intimates, if Disney cannot replace the exact item, they will not touch it. We decided to go with an outside vendor because of this.

I also have a question

What if you bring your stuff and you want it a certain way for example, If you bring place cards and custom menus and stuff and you want it a certain way on the reception tables do you tell them?

I also have a question

What if you bring your stuff and you want it a certain way for example, If you bring place cards and custom menus and stuff and you want it a certain way on the reception tables do you tell them?

Yes, you just tell them how you want it, probably when you have your floral meeting at your planning session. You would give those items to your planner at your rehearsal. Like Jonette said they will put 3 things at each place setting, ie. a menu, place, card, favor... anything more than 3 and there is a charge for the time it takes Disney floral to set it up - I believe it is hourly, is isn't a huge charge though as far as I know, maybe around $25- $50 bucks.

Just wanted to add additional detail here. Disney will set up place cards, favors, table signs, etc. They will not however set up centerpieces for you anymore. I was told that there were some incidents where some centerpieces brought by the bride were broken and the bride made a huge deal of it. So I was told that they no longer will set up your centerpieces for you.

With that said, I did find a way to have them set up my centerpieces. If Disney Floral adds to your centerpiece, they will set them up for you. For instance, I bought some really nice lanterns and asked Disney Floral to add a small floral arrangement in the center. I will need to ship the lanterns to them a few weeks early and they will set them up at my reception.

I hope that makes sense...

Just wanted to add additional detail here. Disney will set up place cards, favors, table signs, etc. They will not however set up centerpieces for you anymore. I was told that there were some incidents where some centerpieces brought by the bride were broken and the bride made a huge deal of it. So I was told that they no longer will set up your centerpieces for you.

With that said, I did find a way to have them set up my centerpieces. If Disney Floral adds to your centerpiece, they will set them up for you. For instance, I bought some really nice lanterns and asked Disney Floral to add a small floral arrangement in the center. I will need to ship the lanterns to them a few weeks early and they will set them up at my reception.

I hope that makes sense...

I wanted to bring my own glass bowls and put floating candles in them for the centerpieces. If I have Disney Floral add rose petals into the bowls, does that mean they will then set up all the centerpieces for me?

I wanted to bring my own glass bowls and put floating candles in them for the centerpieces. If I have Disney Floral add rose petals into the bowls, does that mean they will then set up all the centerpieces for me?

I will depend on your floral person but I would think they would. Make sure you talk to your floral person before you purchase anything though. They are trying hard to reduce the number of centerpieces they set up for brides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter