Recently returned --some thougths

mattmom

Earning My Ears
Just returned on 9/27 and had a wonderful time overall--few random observations:

Pop Century is just as much fun as I remember, hotel room requests are just that, the food court is better now than 4 years ago--can't get over the size of the nacho plate, DS in heaven for 11 days. Turkey chiabatta sand--excellent...and those sundaes--get the refill mug and then when you do a counter service at the POP grab your juice for the next day. French toast is deep fried-yuk! Did like the croissants. Chicken Cesear Salad was good. Lots of chicken. Individual pizza tasted like Di'Giorno, I don't get the Tied Died cheesecake craze.

Ignorance is bliss in ALL languages.

MK--Magical as ever.. MNSSHP is fun, but WAY too crowded on a Friday. Waiting 25 mins in line for candy-once--never again..Way too crowded. Not really worth it, unless you have a plan all mapped out-we didn't. The parade and fireworks are wonderful. Crazy trying to get to Liberty Square after the fireworks.

DHS--TSM --craziness--I know you all tried to warn me! WILD!! Love the ride but, yikes.

Dole Whips---where have I been!

Yak and Yeti is delish. SciFi was pretty good--you can get a milk shake as your drink or your dessert--to go. LeCellier--IMHO (no flames ) is over rated--our first time--sides are way to salty and the steak is just that -steak, guess I was expecting much more for 2 TS credits. Bread and Soup were really good. But, now I know. WPE is a terrific at DTD. Capt Jacks--not so much. Liked the Luau--show is hokey--but overall was fun--food not bad, except dessert--but too full then anyway. LTT--pot roast is a WINNER! Need the recipe. H&V--lived up to it's rep.

Pirates League is soooooo worth it...Johnny was amazing--my son LOVED every minute. Johnny made me laugh so hard, I cried.

Love bugs were just kind of annoying at times..not a big deal.

Forgot how HOT and HUMID September is--felt like I was always wet.

Thanks to the Dis'ers who suggested to bring a sponge saturated with dish soap to wash out my mugs--worked great. And to the person who recommended getting free tickets to Kennedy from local congressman--worked like a charm.

Universal is fun, but definately not in the same league as Disney. More like 6 flags.

Forgot how good it feels to be a fairy godmailer!

But no matter what, we had a blast and are so lucky to be able to have spent 11 nights there. Everytime I saw a person in a wheelchair or a Make a wish kid--I remembered just how lucky I am. Pixie Dust to all!

Thanks for sharing with him..I just got done emailing Disney.com -contact us to pass on the thanks to Johnny and all the other CM who helped to make this a wonderful trip. Glad you shared with him.

I was at this past Tuesdays MNSSHP and will agree with you. I was SOOO disappointed in it. I went about 5 years ago around the same time (late Sept) and it was great, but that was when they closed the park. We were able to see so many characters, interact with them, take pics, walk on rides, get candy quickly etc...

This year. PACKED. Wall to wall people. Lines of 50+ people for every character. 5 rows deep for first parade. No where to walk/see fireworks. Tons of people without bracelets. No one ever checked for my bracelet at anytime, anywhere - rides, food etc... There was definitely people there enjoying the night, parade, fireworks for FREE. The candy lines, insane. Waits for rides. UGH! Nothing like last time. Sadly, this will be our last time.

The parade is still fantastic and the fireworks too but you can see the fireworks at the TTC (and they pipe in the music!!:thumbsup2) and you can see all the decorations going to MK during the day. Not exactly the same, but good enough. The price is just not worth it. Even my 10 year old said "this so isn't worth it!"

...Tons of people without bracelets. No one ever checked for my bracelet at anytime, anywhere - rides, food etc... There was definitely people there enjoying the night, parade, fireworks for FREE.

Anyone else notice this? If I saw this at an event I paid for I would go ballistic!

I was at this past Tuesdays MNSSHP and will agree with you. I was SOOO disappointed in it. I went about 5 years ago around the same time (late Sept) and it was great, but that was when they closed the park. We were able to see so many characters, interact with them, take pics, walk on rides, get candy quickly etc...

This year. PACKED. Wall to wall people. Lines of 50+ people for every character. 5 rows deep for first parade. No where to walk/see fireworks. Tons of people without bracelets. No one ever checked for my bracelet at anytime, anywhere - rides, food etc... There was definitely people there enjoying the night, parade, fireworks for FREE. The candy lines, insane. Waits for rides. UGH! Nothing like last time. Sadly, this will be our last time.

The parade is still fantastic and the fireworks too but you can see the fireworks at the TTC (and they pipe in the music!!:thumbsup2) and you can see all the decorations going to MK during the day. Not exactly the same, but good enough. The price is just not worth it. Even my 10 year old said "this so isn't worth it!"

Hopefully if you did not complain then, you will email them now and let them know.

Anyone else notice this? If I saw this at an event I paid for I would go ballistic!

I didn't happen to notice but one thing I did notice when we were there on 9/27 is that it would have been very easy for someone without a party ticket to walk up and get a wristband. The girl putting on wristbands was so preoccupied and so far back from the turnstile, there was no way to know if we came through it with a party ticket or not since we got there before the party started. Someone could have easily come from inside and walked up to her and put their hands out, she wouldn't have known.

OP - couldn't agree more about TSM! I read the warnings so we got there at RD but nothing I read could prepare me for the craziness. Got in the FP line which was backed up past Art of Animation, and by the time we got to the front, return times were after 12. Once we got our fast passes, we got in the stand by line which was already 40 minutes. Longest stand by line we saw was 100 minutes. We are a party of 2 so we lucked out and got plucked from the line right before the stairs a few times, but its still unbelievably crazy! I hope the novelty wears off because we really like the ride!

Just returned on 9/27 and had a wonderful time overall--few random observations:

Pop Century is just as much fun as I remember, hotel room requests are just that, the food court is better now than 4 years ago--can't get over the size of the nacho plate, DS in heaven for 11 days. Turkey chiabatta sand--excellent...and those sundaes--get the refill mug and then when you do a counter service at the POP grab your juice for the next day. French toast is deep fried-yuk! Did like the croissants. Chicken Cesear Salad was good. Lots of chicken. Individual pizza tasted like Di'Giorno, I don't get the Tied Died cheesecake craze.

Ignorance is bliss in ALL languages.

MK--Magical as ever.. MNSSHP is fun, but WAY too crowded on a Friday. Waiting 25 mins in line for candy-once--never again..Way too crowded. Not really worth it, unless you have a plan all mapped out-we didn't. The parade and fireworks are wonderful. Crazy trying to get to Liberty Square after the fireworks.

DHS--TSM --craziness--I know you all tried to warn me! WILD!! Love the ride but, yikes.

Dole Whips---where have I been!

Yak and Yeti is delish. SciFi was pretty good--you can get a milk shake as your drink or your dessert--to go. LeCellier--IMHO (no flames ) is over rated--our first time--sides are way to salty and the steak is just that -steak, guess I was expecting much more for 2 TS credits. Bread and Soup were really good. But, now I know. WPE is a terrific at DTD. Capt Jacks--not so much. Liked the Luau--show is hokey--but overall was fun--food not bad, except dessert--but too full then anyway. LTT--pot roast is a WINNER! Need the recipe. H&V--lived up to it's rep.

Pirates League is soooooo worth it...Johnny was amazing--my son LOVED every minute. Johnny made me laugh so hard, I cried.

Love bugs were just kind of annoying at times..not a big deal.

Forgot how HOT and HUMID September is--felt like I was always wet.

Thanks to the Dis'ers who suggested to bring a sponge saturated with dish soap to wash out my mugs--worked great. And to the person who recommended getting free tickets to Kennedy from local congressman--worked like a charm.

Universal is fun, but definately not in the same league as Disney. More like 6 flags.

Forgot how good it feels to be a fairy godmailer!

But no matter what, we had a blast and are so lucky to be able to have spent 11 nights there. Everytime I saw a person in a wheelchair or a Make a wish kid--I remembered just how lucky I am. Pixie Dust to all!

Excellent! we were just there too and I agree! :goodvibes

TSM was insane!

Right as I was stepping into where the fp line is roped off I heard a woman's voice say, "go now" and her husband (I'm assuming) ran over my foot with their stroller! I looked down at him (I'm 6'5“ and big) and asked "really, your going to go NOW?" Not trying to be a jerk, but damn that was a nightmare and to have some guy run over my foot was just a bit too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter