• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

recently off 4 night Dream and truth is...

WendyLovesPeter

I wanna go back. I gotta go back to WDW!
Don't believe everything you read here. A lot of things are purely opinion as is what I am reporting. Don't stress over someone else's criticism because you may find something very different.

1. The ship is NOT too big. It is easy to get around. There are location keys and signs everywhere. If you don't like to read signs, ask a CM - they are also everywhere.

2. The Dream is NOT a training ship. I actually asked about this and was told this is a common myth. There are no training ships. Our servers were experienced and anticipated our needs/desires quickly and easily. This applies to our stateroom servers and our dining staff. They went over and beyond & made our visit easy and enjoyable. (Yes, we mentioned their names in the satisfaction survey) Oddly enough the CMs that left something to be desired were the girls working Oceaneers Club. I just expected more (again purely my opinion)

3. At AP Crush is NOT too loud. This was a very fun dining experience. I could easily hear the people across the table. I did not get a headache.

We had an amazing time. I can't wait to plan our next adventure. Please ask if you have any questions. I will tell you what our experience was.

Don't believe everything you read here. A lot of things are purely opinion as is what I am reporting. Don't stress over someone else's criticism because you may find something very different.

1. The ship is NOT too big. It is easy to get around. There are location keys and signs everywhere. If you don't like to read signs, ask a CM - they are also everywhere.

2. The Dream is NOT a training ship. I actually asked about this and was told this is a common myth. There are no training ships. Our servers were experienced and anticipated our needs/desires quickly and easily. This applies to our stateroom servers and our dining staff. They went over and beyond & made our visit easy and enjoyable. (Yes, we mentioned their names in the satisfaction survey) Oddly enough the CMs that left something to be desired were the girls working Oceaneers Club. I just expected more (again purely my opinion)

3. At AP Crush is NOT too loud. This was a very fun dining experience. I could easily here the people across the table. I did not get a headache.

We had an amazing time. I can't wait to plan our next adventure. Please ask if you have any questions. I will tell you what our experience was.

Thanks for the review...Go Buckeyes.....:)

Thanks for posting this. We're going on the Fantasy in June and I was nervous about some of those same things. Our last cruise was in 2004, so it's been a while. I'm from OH too.

Yes, go Buckeyes (we are alums). And go Bobcats (I have an OU student also). We went on the early January cruise. We saw soooo many Ohio and Michigan residents. Everyone looking for a warm winter weekend - lots of fun :)

Thanks for the review. As you noted its your opinion. I happen to agree with most of them.

Only the part about crush not being too loud is questionable to me. I suspect that it depends on where you are seated. We've seen this "show" several times (3 on the Dream, 1 on the Fantasy) and in a couple of cases found it very loud. In the other cases it was fine.

Thanks for the review. As you noted its your opinion. I happen to agree with most of them.

Only the part about crush not being too loud is questionable to me. I suspect that it depends on where you are seated. We've seen this "show" several times (3 on the Dream, 1 on the Fantasy) and in a couple of cases found it very loud. In the other cases it was fine.
I too found that crush was too loud. I even mentioned it to my server and he gave me that look like yeah I know. However, we were seated next to the screen, so maybe that's why it was so loud. Other than that, we had a amazing time on the Dream!

Thanks for confirming number 2. Training takes place on all ships and new CMs are brought on board all ships for an initial experience after attending their shoreside training.

The other 2 are really matters of personal opinion (and possibly dining room seating.) We didn't find Crush to be too loud, but that was just our experience. Someone else could have heard the same show we did and feel differently. Ditto ship size--compared to the classic ships, the new ships are BIG. "Too big" is again a judgement call.

I appreciate your posting this. We are considering a cruise on the Fantasy. It is good read varying opinions on the ship's size, etc. We love the classics but would also enjoy experiencing the "big" ships!

If you loved the Dream.. you will love the Fantasy. Our cruise in May on the Fantasy was our best cruise yet!!! ( we have done all 4 ships.)

3. At AP Crush is NOT too loud. This was a very fun dining experience. I could easily hear the people across the table. I did not get a headache.

Hi, can elaborate on your experience with the Oceaneers Club. How old were your children?

Did you experience Palo Brunch? If so did you like it?

Will be sailing on the Dream in April.

Thanks.

We didn't find Crush to be too loud, but that was just our experience. Someone else could have heard the same show we did and feel differently.

I suspect that it does have something to do with where you are seated. On the Fantasy last month we weren't right next to any of the screens and I thought the sound level was fine. I remember at least one time on the Dream where we were right at a screen and the sound level was a bit much. Oh, and yes I do realize the sound doesn't actually come out of the screen, it comes out of speakers in the walls/ceiling.

I agree, what you get are peoples opinions and you need to take them with a grain of salt. We have been on all four ships and they all have their positives and negatives. My favorite, in order - Fantasy, Wonder, Dream, Magic.

There are many different reasons for my order and I would sail on any of them as long as there's a stop at Castaway Cay. That's the deal breaker for me, I must go to that wonderful place.

Thanks for your post. You put me at ease on a couple of items. First, thanks for saying it's "not too big." I was getting a little nervous. Also I have been concerned about not being able to hear Crush. Seems like I don't have to worry about that (although depending where we sit, he could be louder than we would like.)

1. I didn't find the Dream or Fantasy to be TOO big. However, I avoided the pool deck whenever possible due to the crowds.

2. My Feb. 2011 Dream cruise was a month after its maiden yoyage, and our servers were trainees. However, the servers on my Dec. 2009 Wonder cruise were also pretty mediocre, so sometimes the quality of service you get amounts to pure luck.

3. I don't remember much about the show with Crush on the Dream, and I ate in Palo the night of Crush's show on the Fantasy. I will say that the general level of noise during early seating was quite high in all 3 dining rooms.

I found a lot of the criticisms and complaints here on the DisBoards to be simply exactly that one persons opinion.

Sometimes and with some people there is just no pleasing them.

We've been on the Dream twice and I must say there is nothing to complain about. All cast members are wonderful and treat you as if you are king or queen.

Both times we went our room host and dining room cast members were fabulous.

Everything was just perfect.

So don't believe every complaint or criticism you read on these boards as they are just one person's opinion nothing more.

I didn't think Crush himself was too loud, but the background music they played in the dining room at Animators Palate was way too loud. At least my dad will be able to hear it.

1. I didn't find the Dream or Fantasy to be TOO big. However, I avoided the pool deck whenever possible due to the crowds.

2. My Feb. 2011 Dream cruise was a month after its maiden yoyage, and our servers were trainees. However, the servers on my Dec. 2009 Wonder cruise were also pretty mediocre, so sometimes the quality of service you get amounts to pure luck.

3. I don't remember much about the show with Crush on the Dream, and I ate in Palo the night of Crush's show on the Fantasy. I will say that the general level of noise during early seating was quite high in all 3 dining rooms.

We went on the second sailing after the maiden voyage and our servers were really great and definitely not new or trainees. I suppose that simply proves the point that everyone's experience is different!

(We also avoided the pool deck, but we weren't interested in the pool, so it never occurred to us to look for places to sit!)

I totally agree with you. We had sailed on the Wonder and the Magic and went on the Fantasy this past September. I was worried that the ship would seem too big and I would miss the classics. We absolutely LOVED the Fantasy. My kids are not into the kids clubs, so the extra features (mid ship Detective Agency, Aqua Duck, mini golf) were fantastic additions to the ship for us.

DD likes to spend time at the pool and I never had trouble finding a place to sit at any time of the day. We also didn't think Crush was too loud, but overall the noise in the dining rooms seemed loud because they are so much bigger.

We fell in love with Enchanted Garden, and that was our favorite restaurant decor-wise.

While I would love to do another 7 night on the Fantasy, we may do a 4 night on the Dream to finish out the series of ships. :goodvibes

Glad you had a great time on the Dream--I loved her and am so excited to be able to return onboard in 2 weeks!

The thing with discussion boards is that what people post is their opinion. So, anyone should board a cruise ship (of any line) with an open mind, excitement for a fantastic vacation, and knowledge of criticisms with a grain of salt.

I agree with all but one of your comments. Personally, I did find the Crush show to be way too loud. My table was not near a screen; it was primarily the intermittent "stand up and dance" type moments when the fish would play guessing games, they'd ask people to stand and do whatever, etc. My family has not done Disney with small children (yet) so that honestly had no appeal to us and talking over the loud announcements and music was challenging at times. I'm looking forward to the Classic AP on the Wonder with the changing walls. That, and eventually getting to experience the different version on the Fantasy one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter