Recently got back and my biggest pet peeve? DH calling Hollywood Studios ...

Boyfriend kept calling Animal Kingdom, Animal Planet. At least I knew what he was talking about. :rotfl:

My father likes to add "Escape from..." to every ride name. He always says "Escape from Splash Mountain" and "Escape from Everest" in particular. :rolleyes: I would be annoyed, but it is way too entertaining. :rotfl:

I still call Them MGM and people mover.

Disney has officially (this year) renamed the "Tomorrowland Transit Authority," the "Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover."

My father has lots of interesting names for rides at Disney

Splash Mountain= The one with the big dip at the end.
BTMRR= The one with the train in it.

Space Mountain=THAT Space Mountain. As in "The one I don't like is That Space Mountain."

Epcot- He always remembers. Why? It's his favorite.

There is a larger issue here - and that is how do we fanatics act "normal" around our non-fanatic family members?

If I corrected every little factoid, mispronunciation, destination name, what have you that I hear from my darling, lovely wife she would divorce me! Yes, it's a lesson in tongue biting...I figure it is building character. :thumbsup2

btw my wife LOVES Disney, she just isn't obsessive/compulsive like me. ;)

We usually all call it "DHS". As in we actually use the initials. Or "the Studios".

I've called Test Track "Fast Track" once or twice, but I usually catch it right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter