• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent Wishes FP+

Do they allow Tripods for cameras in these sections? I have brought mine in the past for time-lapse photos and always deal with heads and people. Thinking they would frown on it.

1. Do they allow Tripods for cameras in these sections? 2. Thinking they would frown on it.

1. Yes.
2. Nope.
Other photogs have said that they set up in the southern part of the areas, more or less in a corner.
Their shots are framed (for the most part) over peoples heads.

You want to scout the location with your tripod and camera during the day when the areas are wide open to all guests.
You need to take note of the lamp posts that may be in your way.

MK-Hub-Keating-Robo_072615_zpskierlt9t.jpg

We used a FP for this in July and sat in the back against the fence on the Adventureland side and never felt crowded. I highly recommend it. We liked it better than the dessert party view.

The fence is sturdy but narrow. The members of my family with long legs could kind of seat/lean on it but when I tried I felt like I was too in danger of falling off backwards (I am 5'5"").

I wish that Disney did not tell people to stand. I think that is what causes the children to go up on people's shoulders. Up until then everyone sat and the children could run around and still see. They can't see around standing adults and then block every one when they go up on someone's shoulder.

Unfortunately they probably have some occupancy that once reached tells them people need to stand. They tell people to stand at world of color at Disneyland resort. On less crowded nights a cm will come thru once. On more crowded nights I've seen them circulate until every person is standing long before the show to make room for the crowds. It would be great if they limited the seating for wishes fp so everyone could sit.

So if I never a two year old and really short seven year old and two tall eights, do we think they will be able to see Celebrate? I'm wondering if I still need to get there super early so they can see the castle show.

I keep close tabs on these kind of things.

3. That's another option, but those spots will be taken well in advance.

Am I wrong that most nights MSEP precedes Wishes, meaning Main Street will be wide open less than 30 minutes before CTM? I've only done this once and maybe there is more of a wait than I'm remembering. But it felt like less than 15 minutes, and most of that time was spent being told to "move up" by CMs, meaning the spot we actually wanted further back was still available even later.

1. So if I never a two year old and really short seven year old and two tall eights, do we think they will be able to see Celebrate?

2. I'm wondering if I still need to get there super early so they can see the castle show.

1. Yes.
2. No.

Am I wrong that most nights MSEP precedes Wishes, meaning Main Street will be wide open less than 30 minutes before CTM? I've only done this once and maybe there is more of a wait than I'm remembering. But it felt like less than 15 minutes, and most of that time was spent being told to "move up" by CMs, meaning the spot we actually wanted further back was still available even later.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Main St. will not be "wide open" after the parade passes.
It will be completely FULL of guests filling in the area just as the parade ends.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Main St. will not be "wide open" after the parade passes.
It will be completely FULL of guests filling in the area just as the parade ends.

What I mean is, you can arrive at the tail end of MSEP. There is more room in the street than on both sides of the sidewalks. We got there just as the parade was ending, stood behind the people watching the parade, then stepped out right in the middle of Main St in front of Casey's. Almost no one was standing that far back yet, as it was filling near the Partner's statue first and working it's way back. CM's kept trying to get people to move up to fill in the empty space. Several times we just walked over to the sidewalk and waited a while then walked back to the original spot we wanted.

Used a Wishes FP for the first time last month and I loved it! A lot of people told me not to waste one on that, but I decided to try it and see for myself. But I thought it was the best view I had ever had of the show. And like other said, I also was along the back fence. It's enough to lean against, but not really to sit on. It was nice enough to me to lean against something though. And I sat and leaned against it until it was time to start. I would do it again! Here is a great pic I got with my phone from my spot!

IMG_4290.JPG

How hard is it to get this Fast Pass? I'm staying onsite and plan on logging in right when my window opens up.

How hard is it to get this Fast Pass? I'm staying onsite and plan on logging in right when my window opens up.
I did not try to get it when my window opened. I actually just picked one up last week, once I had finally committed to locking myself into a late FP, only because we have Park Hoppers and it is our second day of the trip at MK, and really we are only going for the night time shows.

So,I don't know what availability is like at 60 days out, but there weren't any available for a good month, and then 1 came up a week before my trip. Because I constantly check the FP+ availability I have seen some come up everyday over the last week, but then just as quickly get taken. My point being, if you don't get it initially you should be able to eventually switch to it.

What I mean is, you can arrive at the tail end of MSEP. There is more room in the street than on both sides of the sidewalks. We got there just as the parade was ending, stood behind the people watching the parade, then stepped out right in the middle of Main St in front of Casey's. Almost no one was standing that far back yet, as it was filling near the Partner's statue first and working it's way back. CM's kept trying to get people to move up to fill in the empty space. Several times we just walked over to the sidewalk and waited a while then walked back to the original spot we wanted.

Maybe.

If there is 1 Main Street Electrical Parade at 9pm and Wishes at 10pm and we secure FP for whishes, can we watch the parade from there? How early to they open up the wishes viewing area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter