Recent Virgin Food MAN-MCO

wayneg

Anyone flown Virgin Man-Mco route recently?
Is the option still braised beef or Chicken pasta? if it is, is it same both ways?
The last twice we have been it been exactly the same, and they were both disgusting, actually the last one at Xmas on the way back was not edible, maybe had to do with 1 hour delay setting off but the pasta was like dry rocks.
Please tell me its improved or we will eat before we board.
Thanks

Sorry Wayne,
Cannot help with their recent food, but do as I do, go veggie!!
I don't eat meat, so always have the veggie option - usually fine!
Tracy

the food choice will depend now on which class you are flying, as all three classes have different menus.
The problem with flying is that there is only so much you can do with the small galleys and equipment available

I can't really help you with regards to what the menu is apart from below is our last flight with the UC Best of British menu.

STARTERS

Devon crab cakes served with creamy dill dressing

Broccoli and Hartington Creamery Stilton soup V

MAIN COURSES

Traditional beef hotpot served with roasted Winter vegetables

Creamy fish bake with Croxton Manor cheddar mash topping with creamed leeks and crushed carrots

Higgidy mushroom & spinach pie served with butter bean salad and beetroot chutney V LH

CHEESE

Shropshire blue - rich and creamy cheese with a crumbly texture

Quickes Farmhouse cheddar - crumbly textured cheese with a delicate sweet flavour

Manor Farm goats cheese - soft textured with a subtle nutty flavour

Cheeses are offered with Carrs's water biscuits, Nairn's herb oatcakes and Quince jelly

DESSERT

Bramley apple and blackberry crumble served with custard

Festive rhubarb trifle

SMALLER BITES

Traditional Cornish beef pasty

Loch Fyne smoked salmon served with wholemeal toast and lemon wedge

Welsh rarebit

AFTERNOON TEA

Selection of finger cut sandwiches - poached salmon & watercress, Wiltshire gammon & English
mustard and free-range egg mayonnaise & cress - also showing British club sandwich

Warm fruit scone served with Tiptree strawberry jam and Roddas Cornish clotted cream

Your choice from the cake stand - Banbury cake, chocolate shortbread or Bakewell slice

is it same both ways?
Please tell me its improved or we will eat before we board.
Thanks

It's never the same both ways, is it? Return is a Tea and breakfast before arrival.

In our experience the meals are varied on each flight but consistently awful.

The food never tastes great. I'm a fairly fussy eater so I request a kids meal even though im far beyond being a kid lol but the meals taste better and you get more with it. :)

Hi,
My brother and family flew with them last week and they had the pasta.
he said that was hard and dry.Told the staff and they gave him the vegie option.

Hi

I've never flown with Virgin (I always fly with Icelandair) but although I do eat meat I know from past experience on other flights that the meat dishes are usually awful so I always request the vegetarian option . I've never been disappointed yet and have always actually enjoyed the in-flight meals (I know, I'm such a weirdo! LOL).

Just a thought for you.

Evelyn

the food choice will depend now on which class you are flying, as all three classes have different menus.
The problem with flying is that there is only so much you can do with the small galleys and equipment available

I can't really help you with regards to what the menu is apart from below is our last flight with the UC Best of British menu.

STARTERS

Devon crab cakes served with creamy dill dressing

Broccoli and Hartington Creamery Stilton soup V

MAIN COURSES

Traditional beef hotpot served with roasted Winter vegetables

Creamy fish bake with Croxton Manor cheddar mash topping with creamed leeks and crushed carrots

Higgidy mushroom & spinach pie served with butter bean salad and beetroot chutney V LH

CHEESE

Shropshire blue - rich and creamy cheese with a crumbly texture

Quickes Farmhouse cheddar - crumbly textured cheese with a delicate sweet flavour

Manor Farm goats cheese - soft textured with a subtle nutty flavour

Cheeses are offered with Carrs's water biscuits, Nairn's herb oatcakes and Quince jelly

DESSERT

Bramley apple and blackberry crumble served with custard

Festive rhubarb trifle

SMALLER BITES

Traditional Cornish beef pasty

Loch Fyne smoked salmon served with wholemeal toast and lemon wedge

Welsh rarebit

AFTERNOON TEA

Selection of finger cut sandwiches - poached salmon & watercress, Wiltshire gammon & English
mustard and free-range egg mayonnaise & cress - also showing British club sandwich

Warm fruit scone served with Tiptree strawberry jam and Roddas Cornish clotted cream

Your choice from the cake stand - Banbury cake, chocolate shortbread or Bakewell slice

Wow, very impressive !!!

David

It's never the same both ways, is it? Return is a Tea and breakfast before arrival.

In our experience the meals are varied on each flight but consistently awful.

Flew again on Saturday Virgin economy, Yet again Chicken Pasta, braised beef or mushroom risotto.
This is now 5th flight in a row with this option, Oct Heathrow to LA both ways, Xmas Man to Orlando both ways and now Man to Orlando again so expecting the same back in 2 weeks.
Having previously eaten the 2 meat dishes and not enjoying I thought I would try the rissotto, big mistake could not eat half of it, I feel ill now thinking about it, DW & DS had chicken pasta and said it was better than last trip.
Luckily I had taken some sandwiches knowing how bad food has been on last few trips.

OOOhhhh thanks for the heads up about the food:thumbsup2 Will have to make sure to pick a couple of sandwiches or pastries before we fly;)
I can't have the troups go hungry on a flight that long:surfweb:

Thanks for the update re.the food. I usually don't mind plane food but this sounds a bit yuk!!!

Also thanks for the update about the weather, I just looked at Accuweather to see the extended forecast and it looks like it will be good, shame for you though!

Hope your having a great time, and ta for the info.

Cath :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter