Recent Trip Reviews

Whizzo25

Disney Me Baby !!!
Just back from The World. FWIW, here's where we ate and what we thought:
* China - had great shrimp stir fry and hot tea. Heard bad things, but we were soooo c-c-c-o-old walking around Epcot that we sought shelter and we surprised by a very pleasant lunch.
* Boma's - a tradition that never disappoints. We had two vegetarians and one diabetic. The chefs went out of their way to assist us in choosing our dinners. I am constantly amazed at the CMs and the atmosphere here; we are never disappointed and always full. (Even the diabetic snuck in a taste of our zebra domes!)
* Brown Derby - Tuna Cobb salad was good as was the grapefruit cake. Nothing special, but convenient.
* Kona Cafe - OK, here's where the happy meter dips way down. I heard great things about this place, but was disappointed from the get go. The atmosphere is nothing special and the food was humdrum. Our waiter was very good, but the meal was so boring that we really didn't need to see him. And by the way, what is so great about KoKo Puffs? I couldn't get any taste out of this gelatinous mass and was ill at ease in my stomach all night. Been there, done that, NOT going back.
* Tusker House AK - Again heard great things, but pretty hohum. Will make the effort to walk out to the Rainforest next time.
* California Grille - Beautiful view of the sunset over the Grand Floridian. We were allowed to "pause" dinner to view the fireworks from the Observation Deck. Our server Eric was fantastic. The meal was interesting, the wine very nice and the atmosphere very pleasant. Dessert was delicious and we were allowed to linger, undoubtedly due to the lack of patrons due to the Super Bowl that night. Glad we tried it but not as positive we will return as we are about Bomas. Different strokes for different folks.
* Crystal Palace - Glad to have an old friend spruced up and pretty. For a buffet, the food was good and the atmosphere very pleasant. Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore played with us, even without kids!

How long before the fireworks was your ps. We will be dining there in March and wanted to make sure our seating time would be good to view the fireworks.

Lucky you, I can't wait to go back. We had PS for 6:00, but this was Super Bowl Sunday, so half the place was empty and there was no rush for tables. We were there about 1 hour before the fireworks. I'll bet that during a busy evening, there is more pressure to eat and move on.

ok, good !!
We made our ps for about 1 hr. before the fireworks. I figure if we get done early we can just go out to the observation deck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter