RECENT teacher's discount users--need your help

Fargoman2

DIS Veteran
I have come to take for granted gaining access to the teacher's discount rate at the Dolphin. However, when I called the hotel directly today and probed some date possibilities for a number of potential dates from June through early August, I was told nothing was available at this time. She indicated some may open up later.

I don't remember this discount being so elusive in the past. Is it simply a marketing thing--fill up as many rooms as you can for as long as you can and then open up the teacher's rate as we get closer to summer?

I mean I really tried a lot of different dates and found zilcho availability for teacher's discounts. I don't remember this being such a problem the last 3 years I booked.

Anybody know what's happening? Anyone having any luck with dates?

I'm spoiled by this rate--and with a family of 5 my on-site options at a reasonable rate are limited. Please help.

Thanks!

We stayed there 12/27-12/30 and had three rooms at the teachers discount. I dont know what the problem is? There was a rumor that they were going to end the discount, I wounder if they actually did ?

What is the actual teachers discount? I"m curious because both my husband and I are teachers and would love to take advantage of it.

Swan and Dolphin offer special rates (based on season and availability) for teachers, nurses Gov't employees, etc. You must show valid proof when checking in. I believe it is $149/night. I used it a couple of years ago.

The teacher's discount is a discount available at the Swan/Dolphin for anyone who is a teacher or educational support staff. You have to book it by calling the hotel directly and asking for it. The rate when we went last week (12/25-12/31) was $149 for standard view and the rate is always the same- it doesn't change during different seasons. You do have to show some kind of proof of being a teacher when you check in (I gave a copy of my teaching certificate). I really hope they haven't discontinued this rate because we used it twice this year and we really thought it was a great value. Otherwise, we could never afford to stay at the Swan or Dolphin.

I got the same answer when I called yesterday trying to book for mid-late June. She said there was no teacher rate availability right now in either June or July. She didn't know whether they would open it up or not. I keep trying to choose another resort (WL perhaps) in case I can't get the teacher rate at the Swan, but then I think about the location, the beds, the ease of transportation - yes, I'm spoiled! Please, please, please Mr. Swandolphin, please open up some dates in June, July and August so our hard-working teachers can enjoy your beautiful hotels!

Try the entertainment book rate, I just got it for July- $169/night. You have to show your entertainment card at check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter