Recent SW fliers

dreamin_disney

DIS Veteran
Have you noticed a change in people traveling? Were SW flights full , empty or meduim filled? Just curious. We will be going to wdw next month

Hubby and I flew out on 9/19, I would say the plane was 3/4 full. Our kids flew out 9/23 plane was 3/4 full. We all flew home on 9/27 and expected it to be full as it was a sat morn flight but again is was probably only 3/4 full.
Our first time flying SW and we would definately fly them again.

Flew to Orlando from Albany, NY this week. Plenty of empty seats each way.

Flew TF Green to MCO Sept 25...flight completely full. Flight home on Monday, the 29, there were a few empty seats, but not many.

we flew Southwest 9/18 PHL to MCO 82 seats out of 130 taken
rtn flight 9/21 just about full

flight attendants were telling us to fly again and bring more friends with us over the intercom. So I am guessing they are feelinlg the decrease in travel.

We flew 9/20 direct from KC (MCI) to MCO. Only a couple of seats were empty and we arrived 15 minutes early. It was completely full on the direct 9/27 return flight. LOVE those nonstop flights. We'd definitely fly SWA again. On the flight down, the flight attendant was like a one-man Vegas show - songs, jokes, witty interactions. He was hilarious!

DisFlan

I am flying PIT-MCO on Oct 18 (11:30am) and noticed today that my flight says "unavailable" under "wanna get away" fares. Still available for the higher fares. So I assume it will be full. The 2 other non-stops are available that day.

Flew MCO-BUF-MCO this past Friday. Flight was only about one-third full on the early morning nonstop heading north and about two-thirds full on the evening nonstop home.

OMG, the FA doing the announcements on the evening flight was hilarious too! "Please at least pretend to pay attention to my announcements." "You're welcome to use the lavatory up here in the first class cabin." "In the event of an overwater landing it's important you know how to put on the inflatable life vest. We will be flying over a lot of lakes and when we get to Florida, over a lot of swimming pools." And so on.

BobK/Orlando

flew out of Buf. on Sept.8 and flight was 3/4 full and on the 19th from MCO back to Buf. was about the same......

My flight to MCO on Sunday,9/7, was maybe 3/4 full. The return on Monday, 9/15, was oversold :scared1: Both were nonstop.

Flew MCO-BUF-MCO this past Friday. Flight was only about one-third full on the early morning nonstop heading north and about two-thirds full on the evening nonstop home.

OMG, the FA doing the announcements on the evening flight was hilarious too! "Please at least pretend to pay attention to my announcements." "You're welcome to use the lavatory up here in the first class cabin." "In the event of an overwater landing it's important you know how to put on the inflatable life vest. We will be flying over a lot of lakes and when we get to Florida, over a lot of swimming pools." And so on.

BobK/Orlando

Gotta love the SW FA's. I've also had some hilarious ones!

Yea, the majority of the flights I've been on with them (8 segments in the last 10 months) the FA's were really, really great. They actually seem to like their jobs, which is such a change from most places anymore. When we flew in Dec, when we landed one of the FA's sang a LUV song to us. She was WONDERFUL..

Flew from ISP(Long Island/Islip) to MCO on Friday, Aug 29. Had only 42 people on the plane.:yay: The return on Sunday was packed.:guilty: Taking the same flight this Friday and I'm hope the plane is as empty this time down.

Gotta love the SW FA's. I've also had some hilarious ones!

My favorite, "If anyone is willing to give up their seat in order to accomodate a family flying together, I will buy you a drink. It's gotta be noon somewhere." :lmao:

But back on topic, we flew back on Labor Day weekend and our flight was packed to the gills.

Baltimore to LAX for a birthday trip to Disneyland 2 weeks ago.

We were in seats 20 D & 20 F and the center seat was vacant each way. It was a luxury. Plenty of room to snuggle with my big round SULLY on the way back. GREAT headrest. He may be traveling again as a pillow on our early December trip.

Summer flights seem to always be full....I have found more availability in the fall.

We flew Buffalo to MCO on Sept 10 with 32 passengers...we have never flown with so few passengers until our flight home on Sunday the 14th...we were 2 out of 12 passengers!

MCO-PXH on 9-29... only 76 passengers but they were the worst other 74 I have ever had the displeasure of flying with. PHX to SAN on the same day was just as empty.... and utterly peaceful.

Disney needs to come out with a line of sugar-free items for kids' last day at WDW... reduce the number of hopped-up kids on flights departing MCO... just sayin'

:rotfl:

I've flown 4x in the last month - 3 of the 4 were 70-75% full - 1 was 100% full. The routes were more business oriented routes - the full one was an initial segment taking me home to Indy, but continuing on to Vegas. It really just depends on your route, still. People are flying, - perhaps just not quite as much as a year ago. My folks just came in last week to Indy on SW from Denver, and they had 28 people on their evening flight. My brother flew in on SW from LAX, and it was 60% full he said, on the first leg from LAX to Kansas City, but then 100% from KC to Indy his evening flight. His flight home Sunday night was almost again 75% full on the first leg to PHX, but 100% as he continued on to LAX, in preparation for the business week and those folks with meetings starting on Monday.

I flew PHL-MCO on 10/2. We had the last flight out from Philly (8:40 pm) and there was only about 50 people on the plane. No kids, no medical preboards. We returned home on 10/6 :-)sad1: ) on the 5:40pm flight from MCO. Only 2 children under 4, no medical preboards. The flight was about 60% full. I was traveling with 3 other ladies and we were able to have empty middle seat between us. Even better, we landed 20 minutes early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter