Recent Shuttle & Transportation reviews from LAX?

Beck & the Beast

Mouseketeer
This is the last thing I have to coordinate, and know I need to get something booked soon. I don't feel like dealing with DLR Express bus as I just want to be able to leave the airport once we have our bags and get to HOJO and hopefully get into DCA in good time on the afternoon of Saturday, Dec 12. I'm considering: SuperShuttle (shared, or private), Karmel, Jag Transportation or Lansky, but open to other options as well. I have read mixed reviews on all of these companies, but feel people tend to share more bad than good experiences. There will be 3 of us (2 adults, 1 child) and I'll bring my DD's carseat with us. Can anyone please provide some semi-recent feedback? I don't mind a couple stops on either end, but don't want to hang around LAX for an hour or have to do 10 stops before we get to our hotel when dropping off. And, looking for someone reliable to take us back to LAX on Saturday, Dec 19. TIA

I'm bumping you as I'd like to hear recent input too. We need a ride to LAX on the 13th and I've read comments that DL express missed picking people up at hotels other than the DL ones.

I'm bumping you as I'd like to hear recent input too. We need a ride to LAX on the 13th and I've read comments that DL express missed picking people up at hotels other than the DL ones.
I've read the same. I was tempted to try Lansky this time but have read a couple reviews that is making me hesitate. Our last trip, we had 8 people so did the SuperShittle private van but the van seemed pretty worn out and the driver we had from LAX to DL talked on his phone a lot and the traffic weaving made me a bit uneasy. It worked out well though. If they didn't loop the airport until full, I'd prob do that again.

I did supershuttle in June. When I got to the booth, they told me it could be up to an hour before my shuttle would arrive. But it literally came 5-10 min later. We then went to several different pick up spots and the van was completely full. We stopped at about 5-6 spots (most people were by themselves) and I was the last stop. We dropped off near Knotts first and then came to Disney area. From the time we left the airport till the time I was at my hotel was about 1 hour, 15 minutes. Which wasn't bad, and for the price, I'd do it again!

You may need to call the DL express 800 number from other hotels (but our experience was fine this year from the DLH).

I did supershuttle in June. When I got to the booth, they told me it could be up to an hour before my shuttle would arrive. But it literally came 5-10 min later. We then went to several different pick up spots and the van was completely full. We stopped at about 5-6 spots (most people were by themselves) and I was the last stop. We dropped off near Knotts first and then came to Disney area. From the time we left the airport till the time I was at my hotel was about 1 hour, 15 minutes. Which wasn't bad, and for the price, I'd do it again!
Yeah, I think we might try this. I know it's possible we could have a bit of a wait at the airport before we leave but with any luck it won't be too long.

You may need to call the DL express 800 number from other hotels (but our experience was fine this year from the DLH).
I don't think we want to do DL Express this time as we're not staying onsite.

I did Supershuttle multiple times in June 2015, to and from LAX. No issues and will use them again in 2016

I did Supershuttle multiple times in June 2015, to and from LAX. No issues and will use them again in 2016
Thanks for that. Did you do the shared van? About how long do you think it took to get from LAX to your hotel? Do they tell you what time they'll pick you up on the way back based on flight time, or do you choose?

I used lanskys this last weekend from the long beach airport. It was fantastic! The driver was waiting for us when we got to baggage claim. He grabbed all of our bags for us and rolled them to the vehicle. He offered us a grocery stop but we didn't need it. On our return to the airport he picked us up about 5 minutes early. He was courteous and professional. I have used karmel shuttle before and they were horrible.

Thanks for that. Did you do the shared van? About how long do you think it took to get from LAX to your hotel? Do they tell you what time they'll pick you up on the way back based on flight time, or do you choose?

Yes it was a shared van. Going to Disney I shared with a family who were going to a dance convention in Anaheim, mother, father and 2 teenage girls. My hotel, Motel 6 Main Gate was the first drop off, I think it took about 1 hour, I was at my hotel around 4pm.

Yes pick up on the way back to LAX is based on your flight time. I did online booking and I put in my flight details and I think I had a choice of 4 pick up times.On the way back I think I shared with 6 others, my hotel was the last pick up, again the journey took about an hour.

We just got back (Nov 2)from DL and we used Zippy shuttle. They were great he was calling before I even turned on my phone to tell me he was there waiting. We grabbed our luggage and he was there in 5min.
It was a private shuttle(van 8 of us) went straight to GC. I refuse to get on a shuttle that makes multiple drop offs after a horrendous transfer after a cruise(4hrs to get from port canaveral to the contemporary resort).
I would use zippy again and they have good reviews on Yelp and trip advisor.

You may want to use an Uber. According to http://www.whatsthefare.com/
it's under $50 for UberX and $80 for Uber XL. I use Uber all the time for airport trips at LAX - but disclaimer: never from LAX to Disneyland

I am a fan of DLExpress because it's so cheap and we've always had them be reliable and we don't have to bring carseats - but I can understand if you don't want to use it.

We have used lanskys for several of our past trips and they work out perfectly for us - we are 2 adults and 1 child and they provide the booster seat since I prefer to travel without it unless we are renting a car!
wonderful service and we love being able to have a grocery stop to pick up our snacks/water and fresh fruit
Would recommend them!!!

Thank you all for the feedback! I've decided to go with the SuperShuttle shared ride for this trip as there will only be 3 of us and we have a bit of play in our schedules this time. I'll report back how it goes.

We booked Prime Time shuttle (private van service) for a party of 9. Has anyone had any experience with this company? :thanks:

We just booked Prime Time for Dec 19th for 6 people but our return on Christmas day we decided to rent 2 cars since we will have 10 people and most shuttles don't do 10. It was cheaper as well.

We've used Zippy, and have been very happy with them in the past, but this year when we booked them, they just gave the job to other shuttle services that were not of an appropriate standard. One time we waited an hour and a half for pickup while spending big bucks on the phone trying to get picked up by a shuttle driver who was clearly incompetent. Then the shuttle was an old van, not the comfortable Zippy SUVs or town cars. So we won't use them again, especially since they quote the highest price.
I have got quotes from 1st Choice, Cheap Shuttle Express and Airport Express, and would be interested to know if anyone has used them and what they are like. Despite sending several emails to 4 Most Coach, they have not bothered to answer with a quote, so clearly don't want our business!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter