• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent reviews of Portobello Yacht Club

Nina1

Disney Lover
Anyone? We've never eaten there, but want to try it during this year's trip. I couldn't find any reviews more recent than last summer, so I thought I'd post this. Thanks! :goodvibes

For the past few years I've travelled with a group of 10 or so to an on-site conference at Disney. The Portobello Yacht Club is the place I take the group for our final meal in Florida each year. While it's a "tuscan themed" restaurant, it's a nice break from the heavily themed eateries on property.

While the menu isn't very expansive, it will definitely accommodate meat eaters, vegetarians, and fish-eating quasi-vegetarians. While I always order the filet mignon (which is fantastic), the reviews from those who order anything including pasta dishes, veal, shrimp, and fish are always top notch.

The meal starts with a great "bread course". A few small loaves of bread are brought to the table, coupled with a head of garlic that's been cooked until the individual cloves are caramelized. You simply scoop the cloves out of the garlic head, and spread them on the bread. It's fantastic.

All of the apetizers I've ordered (calamari, the portobello mushroom with polenta, sambuca shrimp, and small pizzas) are wonderful. The only down side to the menu is that it's very easy to over-do it on soups, salads, app's, etc., before the main course arrives.

As for the service, we've been very lucky to have great servers, and very helpful staff on each occassion. I would definitely make a reservation for this meal if you decide to go here.

This is one of my top three restaurants on site. I've recommended it to a few friends, and they've all enjoyed their meals.

We dine at Portobello's every trip. The menu has changed recently, and they no longer offer the roasted garlic bulb, but it is still one of our favorites. Maybe if enough people ask about the garlic, they will bring it back. They now serve bread with olive oil. Our favorite dessert in all of Disney is served here. Not sure what it is called, but it is a dark chocolate coffee ice cream with toffee crunch served in a frosted pewter parfait dish. The last time I looked, the menu had not been updated at www.allearsnet.com.

Thanks, everyone. I'll definitely keep this on our ADR list. Now...here's hoping they bring the garlic back. That sounds delicious. Again, thanks for your help. :goodvibes

I think you already got an answer, I just wanted to say have a great time, have fun and enjoy in your upcoming trip. Looking forward in hearing more from you after you came back.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

I think you already got an answer, I just wanted to say have a great time, have fun and enjoy in your upcoming trip. Looking forward in hearing more from you after you came back.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

Thanks! Our trip isn't until September, but I'll be sure to post a report when we get back. I'll be here until then, though... :goodvibes

When we were last at DW (2007) we wanted to eat at RC, and since they didn't do ADRs we went up to the podium and they said it would be over 2 hours before we could get to our seat :scared1: . Since our whole clan was hungry, I called Disney dining on my cell (have it on speed dial) and told them where we were and asked what has an opening within a 20 minute time slot...the CM told me that we can have PYC in 5 mins. So since we were over by RC we had to race over to PYC. We checked in and were seated within 5 minutes of our ADR. The food was very good, so good that we decided to go back there the last night of our trip. Now since they have refurbed the restaurant, I am not sure what to expect...we are going to be going back there for our upcoming trip.

The DIS Unplugged podcast recently featured a review of this place last month or so by people who went there enough times to know what used to be good about this place.

But their recent review was so wretched, 4 out of 6 people had to get dinner somewhere else. Your mileage may vary, but I'd be wary of going there after hearing their review.

We've been to the Portabello Yacht Club on past trips for both lunch & supper.

We had an ADR but still had to wait 30 minutes for a table. It was very crowded for a 9:15 seating!

The service was not as attentive as in the past. We waited about 10 minutes before the server arrived at our table to even take a drink order. Our server was working his tail off - I think they were not expecting the crowd they had. WHEN he could stop by our table, he was great but we were left waiting quite a bit for either our glasses to be refilled or to order or to have the table cleared.

They still have the roasted garlic but you order it as antipasti - top of the menu. I think it was $3.99 for two medium sized garlic bulbs.

Our meal was quite tasty but not very appetizing-looking. For instance, my vegetable was a purple potato puree and it looked disgusting. Fortunately, we are adventurous eaters and we tried it. Quite tasty. The entire family kept swiping bites.

DS had the margherita pizza and it was terrific.

DD ordered the cappucino gelato. I think that is what another poster was trying to describe. It was the best dessert we had at all of WDW during our signature restaurant meals - and that includes Artist's Point, Narcoosees, and Cali Grill!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter