• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent Photopass experiences?

We used PP+ during our end of Oct trip and were missing a few photos from AK and one from HS, we went into the photo shop in MK, they told us they couldn't really help us as the pics were taken at AK and we had to go back there to get them fixed. We protested and said you have a computer that's connected to the PP system right? After all the people next to us were able to see their photos just FINE?? The guy that was "helping" us didn't seem to really understand the system at all though, he had to ask two other CM's how to look for the photos and in the end they rang IT (or photopass IT) and at first said they couldn't find them then they found them but said they can't be moved over to the PP site as it's two different systems(?) and if they aren't there within the next week to come back in and they'll locate them for us. We told them that's nice and all but we're heading back to Australia in 2 days time so that's not really a helpful situation for us at all.

Two days later while we were sitting at LAX waiting for our flight back to Australia the photos finally loaded but we're still missing our Pluto photo from HS so need to find out what's happening with that one. We used the PP+ card at all times except once at Splash where she scanned both the card AND our MB as she was training a new CM on how to use the MB with the PP system compared to the card so you can use both together with no issues how ever we only did it for one photo and that one loaded fine so can't say if you'll have issues or not with thousands of pics.

Now I have a question.. we don't pay for the photos when we order them if we've done PP+, right?? First time using it and I went to download some the other day and it said $14.95 so how does it work?

teddykins said:
Now I have a question.. we don't pay for the photos when we order them if we've done PP+, right?? First time using it and I went to download some the other day and it said $14.95 so how does it work?

In the photopass+ DVD case, with your gallery CD, there's is a brochure looking paper. Inside is your redemption code. With the redemption code there is a step by step process. You are essentially redeeming the CD online and either getting all your photos put on a CD or downloaded directly to your computer. You won't be able to download them one at a time.

We were there in the end of October. When I logged onto the website - we were missing a ton of photos. I freaked out and stressed out, but they were able to find every set of photos but one. They even found ride photos that we did not have them scan our bands or photopass cards for. I can't complain. They obviously worked hard to find them and the one set that is missing was taken by an obviously newer photographer at the very beginning of her shift. We used both magicbands and cards at different times as sometimes one would not scan. It did not seem to make a difference what one was used as to the odds of the photo turning up.

Thanks for asking this question as I, too, am still debating about whether to preorder PP+. This was a sure thing until I started reading all the posts re missing photos, missing shots, bad photos, etc. I had wished that the responses from recent users would indicate a trend of improvement; but it hasn't. :-(

We were there Oct 24-30th, but we did not have PP+, only regular PP. When we came home, we had a TON of pictures missing! Luckily, after many emails and lost photo forms sent in, they were able to recover everything except our photos with Phineas & Ferb.

We only had 2 rather sucky photographers. My DS had a very cute interaction with King Louie and Baloo, and there are only 2 photos from the interaction and neither is posed nor terribly good for candid shots. Then when we met Gaston, we handed the photographer our card, and she didn't take a single photo! When we finished up and held out a hand for the card, she handed it back and said, "I didn't take any, I thought you were taking them all" since my DH had his camera out also. :confused3 Sooo...why do you think we handed you the card???? :confused:

My main complaint right now is the insane lack of borders available! When we first got back and I started editing, there were tons of princess and park specific borders. Then the site went down for a day and when it came back up, almost all of the borders had been removed! Luckily I had edited almost all of my photos before the site went down. But I had a bunch of photos that had not been recovered yet, so now that they are there, I have nothing good to add to them. All of the Monsters U borders are gone for our pics with Mike & Sulley, 1 princess border, no DHS borders, only 1 Cars border when there was 3 available before, etc. My pictures don't expire until mid December, so I'm really hoping they bring the borders back soon so I can edit my recovered pictures before I have to order my CD!

We were there Oct 24-30th, but we did not have PP+, only regular PP. When we came home, we had a TON of pictures missing! Luckily, after many emails and lost photo forms sent in, they were able to recover everything except our photos with Phineas & Ferb.

We only had 2 rather sucky photographers. My DS had a very cute interaction with King Louie and Baloo, and there are only 2 photos from the interaction and neither is posed nor terribly good for candid shots. Then when we met Gaston, we handed the photographer our card, and she didn't take a single photo! When we finished up and held out a hand for the card, she handed it back and said, "I didn't take any, I thought you were taking them all" since my DH had his camera out also. :confused3 Sooo...why do you think we handed you the card???? :confused:

My main complaint right now is the insane lack of borders available! When we first got back and I started editing, there were tons of princess and park specific borders. Then the site went down for a day and when it came back up, almost all of the borders had been removed! Luckily I had edited almost all of my photos before the site went down. But I had a bunch of photos that had not been recovered yet, so now that they are there, I have nothing good to add to them. All of the Monsters U borders are gone for our pics with Mike & Sulley, 1 princess border, no DHS borders, only 1 Cars border when there was 3 available before, etc. My pictures don't expire until mid December, so I'm really hoping they bring the borders back soon so I can edit my recovered pictures before I have to order my CD!

The princess borders showed back up for me a couple of days ago. You might want to check today if you haven't done so already. Good luck!

Wow! Thanks for the reminder. I just went and checked my pictures for the first time since my trip three weeks ago. All my pictures are there.

I just had to find the correct account they were hidden in. Disney hooked me up with FOUR different accounts (thanks IT department).

I do really like the magicbands for connecting photopass pictures.

I didn't buy the photopass+ but I did buy the RIDE +. I did find my pictures from the rides, but none of the ride photos showed up in my My Disney Experience account. I thought I read somewhere that some people were getting ride photos connected to their MDE accounts. IF they had on a magicband.

I don't understand all the differences anymore. Last summer I used PP+, this year Ride +, and I use PP. Things are flying everywhere.

Next trip I will have to figure all this out better.

We just got back yesterday! We had PP+ and when I went to exchange the voucher the lady working the desk told them to have me scan the card as the MB's were still in testing. All our photos showed up on the new website last night no issue. :goodvibes

Due to all the bad reports we did not use our bands yesterday. This morning only Spkash Mountain and Test Track were there... No castle, EPCOT ball or character pics there. Re-entered cars number and all MK pics showed. Character pics at EPCOT not there but it was less than 12 hrs between pics and checking. I will check back later today to see. IF they go through okay, I'm going to be so glad we did pp+. We LOVED being able to watch and enjoy the kids in panorama while the CMs took care of the photos at the Character meets.
Just to update, the EPCOT pics were there all along. Just didn't scroll down far enough. We have been relaxing at the resort for the weekend and will be hitting the parks hard the next few days. Will maybe update as we go.

I just got back from 2 weeks in Disney world using pp+.
I can't recommend it enough!!!
I have 350+ high quality pictures... Characters, rides, magic shots, iconic backgrounds with the whole family...
The website is easy to use, editing and adding borders and stickers is fun and the download option (rather than an archive disc) means you have all of these wonderful pictures instantly.
Get it.

The princess borders showed back up for me a couple of days ago. You might want to check today if you haven't done so already. Good luck!

I looked today and saw they have the ribbons along the bottom of the photo back up, but none of the full around the photo borders. Maybe it means they are moving back in the right direction though at least? :confused3 Thanks for the heads up though! :goodvibes

I just got back from 2 weeks in Disney world using pp+. I can't recommend it enough!!! I have 350+ high quality pictures... Characters, rides, magic shots, iconic backgrounds with the whole family... The website is easy to use, editing and adding borders and stickers is fun and the download option (rather than an archive disc) means you have all of these wonderful pictures instantly. Get it.

This makes me feel much better! We just ordered PP+ last night for I our trip in 3 weeks!

Dislover1991 said:
This makes me feel much better! We just ordered PP+ last night for I our trip in 3 weeks!

Good!
It really is great. And I think it's great value too. I've had so many more pics than I could have afforded separately.
It really takes the pressure off at character meet and greet too. .. Just hand the card over to the photographer and trust them to get the best pics. No "one of me, one of you" decisions!
The photographers are in great spots around the parks, just go up, ask and get those iconic pics of the whole family! No one missing from the shot as they're taking the pic! And then ask what magic shots they do!
Make the most of it, it's worth every penny!
If I knew how to I'd put pics on here to show you!

Happy I found this thread. We will be at Disney this coming Sunday, haven't been since 2008. I purchased the photo pass last time and was so happy I did. Can someone tell me how much it is now, what photopass plus is, and if I have to order before we go? Also, if I give my camera to the photographer, will they take some pics for me? I am a huge scrapbooker and will want to a of pics. On our last trip I took over 1700 pics in 4 days. :rotfl2: thanks for any info!

Happy I found this thread. We will be at Disney this coming Sunday, haven't been since 2008. I purchased the photo pass last time and was so happy I did. Can someone tell me how much it is now, what photopass plus is, and if I have to order before we go? Also, if I give my camera to the photographer, will they take some pics for me? I am a huge scrapbooker and will want to a of pics. On our last trip I took over 1700 pics in 4 days. :rotfl2: thanks for any info!

PhotoPass prepurchase is $119 if you buy it in the parks, $169 if you prepurchase it.

PP+ which includes the attraction (ride) photos, dining photos (Tusker House, Akershus, Chef Mickey's, etc) and your regular park photos is $199 in the parks, $149 if you prepurchase it - but that has to be done 14 days in advance. (You can call and add it to your package after that, but you will not receive the stock photo cd until you arrive - not sure how it works.)

Attractions+ is $49 but it is only attraction (ride) photos and can be purchased at any ride photo booth.

Yes, CM's will take pix for you with your camera.

Crap! So because we will be there a week from today I can't get that cheapest price on the pass?

Crap! So because we will be there a week from today I can't get that cheapest price on the pass?

Yes, you can. If you want the regular PP, just preorder here...

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/wdwmemories

If you want the PP+, call the resort reservation line anytime between right now and 72 hours prior to check in and you can have it added to your resort package for the preorder price + appro. $8 in taxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter