• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent Palo experiences?

Mickeyhugger

DIS Veteran
We're set to sail the Thanksgiving Magic in less than two weeks and I just read the thread:surfweb: about how the food at Palo isn't what it used to be?:confused3 I'm glad that I read it as I want to go prepared, and not be greatly disappointed.

We had a great experience Thanksgiving '05 and even better in '04. (In '04, our server 'Eleanor' kept bringing us food 'here, try this, it's delicious, etc.') We left there STUFFED, not being able to eat again for two days.:rotfl: ) I guess those days are long gone? (And please, no flames. It's not about the food, I'm talking about the service and experience; the way the servers WANTED to make it a dining experience to not be forgotten. Other cruise lines allow only one entree per person, and what was so unique about DCL was the 'sky's the limit,' experience at Palo.) Has that all changed?

Thanks!

Absolutely NOT! Our experience at Palo's made our cruise this last time, and they definitely keep bringing you all the food you can handle. The 4 of us had 6 or so entrees, a couple of appetizers, and all the dessert we could handle. Service was beyond compare, better than anything we can get on land, and we were in a special situation (let's just say that Palo's did something special for us that we weren't expecting) where we were warned that service may be a little slow. If it was slow, we sure didn't notice it. Just the opposite. We couldn't have gotten better service anywhere!

Whew! That's good to know. I know that other cruisers can have different experiences and that it can sometimes be the luck of the draw. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get lucky this time.:)

I just returned from the wonder and was not impressed with Palo. I will probably not rebook a palo ressie when i cruise again. Dont get me wrong the food was good. (well all but the mixed green salad) the chocolate shoufle (however you spell it) was HEAVENLY....The brunch was good... i would do the brunch again!!!!!! I know this is not to helpful but just wanted to throw my 2 cents in

Palo....YUM!!! Quality as good as ever at both brunch and dinner!!

I just returned from the wonder and was not impressed with Palo. I will probably not rebook a palo ressie when i cruise again. Dont get me wrong the food was good. (well all but the mixed green salad) the chocolate shoufle (however you spell it) was HEAVENLY....The brunch was good... i would do the brunch again!!!!!! I know this is not to helpful but just wanted to throw my 2 cents in

I think it's a lot about who your server is...

We had Cedomir in Palo on the Wonder in March - and it was the best service and best experience of the entire trip.

I understand he's been in Palo on the Wonder since it opened... so if you do go back on the Wonder and change your mind? Ask for him - he's simply amazing.

Seriously.

We Had Andrea...i think that is how you spell it..he was OK... not bad.

We did Palo brunch a couple of weeks ago and the food and service was as great as ever. Palo brunch is our favorite and when you can do it on a calm sunny sea day and have those beautiful views even better!

GREAT FOOD, GREAT SERVER. We loved the atmosphere. We loved how our server explained everything about the menu and made suggestions for us. We are not big wine drinkers, so he brought 3 or 4 different samples for us to try so that we could get something we liked.

The first ime we went, on Wonder in 04, Palo brunch and dinner were trip hightlights. The second time, in 06, the brunch was even better than we remembered...but dinner was so-so.

We were on the 10/6 sailing of the Magic. Toni from Spain was our server and he was amazing (told us not to bother filling up on the bread 'cause there was too much good food coming). He brought us everything we ordered and more. For the 2 of us, we had 4 appetizers (ordered 2) plus pizza, 3 entrees (again ordered 2), and 4 desserts (same 2). We were absolutely stuffed and blissful when we left. Superb service, great food.

I was on the 10/13 Eastern Magic and my DH and I ate at Palo for dinner . . . it was fabulous! Our server was Dragan. He said he'd just come over from the Wonder. He was great, bringing us our what we ordered plus all kinds of extras. So much food! And it was all delicious. He didn't even ask what we wanted for dessert, he just started bringing out several delicious desserts including the chocolate souffle, it seemed like we tried one of everything. It was a wonderful evening.

Just got off the Magic on Saturday. WE had brunch at palo. It was really good. The blue cheese pizza was amazing. Even the people at our table who did not like blue cheese LOVED the pizza. We started out with just 1, but soon ordered 2 more. THe entrees were good....not the best I have ever had, but good. Service was good. THe view was amazing.

We had both dinner and brunch and had the same server for both - Juan. He was amazing and so nice to us. He didn't even blink an eye when DH ordered a glass of milk to go with his amazing sinful chocolate cake. :sad2:

if you book brunch at palos do you have to share tables here as well? its just dh and me and we have never gone so, i thought this time we would try brunch but i'm not to excited about sharing a table. i want to spend time with dh (belive it or not!):rotfl2:

if you book brunch at palos do you have to share tables here as well? its just dh and me and we have never gone so, i thought this time we would try brunch but i'm not to excited about sharing a table. i want to spend time with dh (belive it or not!):rotfl2:

We've done brunch at Palo twice and never had to share a table w/anyone else :love: .

I've only had the one experience at Palo's last year for the brunch. I'm glad to hear that others haven't been overly thrilled with Palo. We were booked for the last seating. We found the buffet 2/3 empty, obviously because we were some of the last to arrive, they don't keep the buffet full to the end. Also, our server didn't encourage us to try a few different things, she actually asked us to share a pizza. The champagne had been pre-poured and had obviously been sitting on the counter for quite some time as well. I've very hesitantly booked a dinner for our next cruise, we're hoping for better results.:thumbsup2

On our first visit to Palo, we were grouped with this two pushy slightly older adults who kept asking when we were going to try for a daughter. Wait... those were my parents. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter