Recent Legoland reviews?

mulderxcoltrane

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

We are considering visiting Legoland on our upcoming trip with a 2,5 & 7 year old.
Looked at the official site and, as expected, it looked amazing.
Then.....I read reviews on tripadvisor of how run down the place is as well as many of the rides being self-propelled.

Can anyone who's been recently confirm or deny?

Legoland is a nice park, especially with children in your family's age group.

Only one ride is self propelled and it is a lot of fun!

I realize it's not Disneyland, but does it have any of the same kind of, I don't know, spark that Disney does?
We are actually considering changing our Disneyland plans to Legoland because of overcrowding.

IMO, Legoland is fun for little kids, but it doesn't have any of that special "something" that DLR has. Now, realize, I am pretty biased toward DL having grown up going there... but, we went to DCA (one day only no DL) and Legoland last October. My kids are DD3, DS5 and DS7. Personally, the adults were done after about a half day, but the kids probably could have done more. We got there about 10 and left about 8. Granted, I was heading out for the CHOC walk and Club 33 :woohoo: at DLR the next day (without kids), so I was having a hard time not being too excited about that :rotfl:

My boys are really into legos and loved miniland - and it was nice that the height requirements were a little shorter, so DD3 got to go on her first roller coaster :cool1: I did notice some things were more run down than I remember (I was there when it first opened), but I wouldn't say the park as a whole is "run down" It is a very nice park and perfect for the young ones. Would I give up DL to go? No. Is it worth a day trip? Yes, I think so - especially if your kiddos are young and into legos. As pp said, the self propelled ride is a lot of fun. Just make sure you head over here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2977629 for the Legoland discounts thread.

We took our son to Legoland 2 years ago for Spring Break when he was 8 years old. We had a wonderful time! The park was lovely, clean and well maintained. DS still talks about getting his "Driver's License". I called my Mom while standing in front of the Manhattan Skyline and got choked up while describing it - it is beyond words! Some of the Lego displays were a bit faded from the sun, however the extraordinary detail used to duplicate the famous sites more than made up for it. And the Granny Apple Fries are yummy-yummy.

My kids love Legoland we have been there a few times. Even my 18 year old loves it. The water park is awesome. It is not run down and I think it is a must do for everyone!

Next to Disneyland, I think Legoland is one of the most well kept and most charming parks in Southern California! It is clean, has lots of vegetation and healthy food choices!
I have been several times and feel it is very well kept. It is very geared for the younger crowd and will be perfect for your 5 and 7 year old and as perfect that a theme park can get for a 2 year old!
Yes, some of the attractions are self-propelled and that is what makes them fun! Steering the boats and actually driving the cars is what makes these attractions so enjoyable for the younger crowd!
I think Legoland is a must for your family!

I took my DD6 about two years ago and it was great. I wouldn't see it as more than a one day affair though unless you are going to do the water park and aquarium too. The rides are definitely geared towards young kids and I think adults can really appreciate the lego displays. I guessing that tweens and teens would be "too cool". I got B1G1F coupons for a couple of bucks off ebay and saved a bundle.

Yes, definitely a one day park. 10-5 will be plenty of time to see the whole park and ride some rides more than once.

Every time I go there, I do miss the friendliness of cast members though. I was shocked when we went about a month ago. I asked an employee outside of the park what time it opened and they replied, "I don't know." :scared1:

Does everyone agree that this is a one-day park? It's going to be open from 10-5 the day we're there.

IMO, a one day park for sure....
We went 2 yrs ago when my son was 6, it was just Ok for us.. he was not into Lego, and therefore was having a hard time getting into the feel of the park.

The rides were good, the structures that they made are awesome. the overall look and feel of the park is nice.. a much slower pace and less crowded feel than DS.

Although we had a good time, when we back to CA last year.. Lego land was not even on the kids radar...

If you have the money, time and you want to go,, then I would give it a try,, everyone will have a different experience and I guess its one of these places that you have to try... :)

Yes I concur that it is a one day park. However, you will not necessarily see everything in the day so I would suggest that you research the park a little and have an idea of the things you want to make sure to do and a plan a little bit of a schedule. I find the park to be a little spread out and the layout a little confusing so I think a little research really helps your day go smoothly. Their site also lists all the minimum and maximum heights for rides so it will help to know what everyone can and cannot go on.
The first time we went, I googled Legoland planning and took some of the advice I found there and found it to be helpful.
Definitely look at the Interactive Park Map found on their website.
My children's favourite area is Fun Town so we always start here. I also think that most people go left or right when entering the park and Fun Town is more into the park so it is less crowded here first thing in the morning.
The Volvo Driving School and Junior Driving School is here and the Skipper School which is my children's favourites. We also love the Police and Fire Academy for family fun! The Sky Cruiser is also here and it was suggested in many reviews that if you want to enjoy this attraction, do it first as this attraction tends to have the longest waits.
My children are older than yours so Duplo Village was not much interest to us but there are some attractions here that your 2 year old can go on.
We always leave Miniland for last as the crowds really don't matter here as it is just looking, except for the Coast Cruise which seems to handle crowds well.
Have fun!

we are coming from Australia in March and we are fortunate to be spending 2 weeks in Anaheim and Legoland is on our list to visit. We are doing 5 days at DL/DCL and 1 day at legoland, knottsberry ect We are so excited. I guess being our first time at places they will all have that WOW factor and I cant wait to report back our thoughts on them all :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter