recent kind thing you did on a whim

clori

DIS Veteran
I was in NYC in April with dd14. I had bought us both a 7 day unlimited public transportation card. We traveled plenty on the subway and got our money's worth compared to paying per ride. We were in NYC Saturday and left Tuesday so there were time left on the cards. We ended up taking a cab to Port Authority to get our bus home. As we were getting ready to leave the cab I asked the taxi driver if we could give the cards to someone else to use. He was surprised but asked me if he could use them. Sure we had no more need for them. He acted like we gave him the biggest tip of his life.

Last week on my 1 day off, I went for a car ride with the intent to stop at a local café in a town I've never been to. I wanted to either pay for someone else's dinner or leave the waiter/waitress a big tip...I decided I'd figure it out when I got there. I ended up stopping in a town about an hour south of here in a touristy type town. I was the only customer in there. I ordered a sandwich w/chips and a soda to go. It came to a little over $10. I gave the waitress a twenty and told her to keep the change. The look on her face after I said that was priceless! :) Best feeling ever.

Miss Read the Title. Oh well. At least I tried to clean it up! LOL I took my younger 2 kids out to lunch while the oldest was at the dentist with his dad. I bought them the protein box. Apparently DS #3 does not like hard boiled eggs. He took a bite and spit it out. He started throwing the pieces at his brother and myself. I tipped the Starbucks employees some extra cash for the mess we left. :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Last weekend I was driving back home from Ohio and, more or less on a whim, decided to go to Baltimore to see the Orioles play baseball.

I made a pineapple/blackberry upside down cake this morning (in the oven now!) I had planned on using the pineapple for the ham tomorrow, but I saw a picture of one while surfing, and I was all "oh yeah..looks good..."
(I'm the only one that likes cherries, and even I don't like the maraschino ones that much, so I used blackberries instead.)

Let's see, yesterday, instead of coming home from a long day at Mayo (4 month checkup...kidney is showing mild signs of rejection, btw, so more medications are being started) and cooking dinner....we stopped at Publix and got tv dinners/frozen pizza. Picked up Selma and The Imitation Game (I think is what it was called--with Benedict Cumberbatch) at Redbox.

I was having lunch at a little Korean restaurant when a young sailor and a young lady came in. They were clearly regulars. I heard him tell the owner they had just gotten married. As I left, I paid their bill and asked the owner to wish them a very happy life. I'd hoped to make a clean getaway, but she blabbed too fast and they came running out after me. The girl had tears in her eyes as she hugged me. Neither had family in the area so mine was their only wedding gift that day. I'm glad I acted on that whim.

EDIT: Deleted because it wasn't a "kind thing". Sorry I misread the question!!!

Last edited:

Yup. EDIT: I did too. :rolleyes1

I payed for someones breakfast at Bojangles the a few weeks ago. I hope they enjoyed it! :)

Last edited:
I was at MK on May 4th and DD and I were sitting in front of City Hall waiting for my friend. We were sitting next to a little girl with her grandma. The little girl was crying. I couldn't help overhearing the conversation. Mom was in City Hall talking to the CMs because apparently she only brought her Magic Band and some gift cards into the park but no cash. The little girl was so sad because it was her birthday and the only thing she wanted was the Frozen Elsa balloon but they only take cash. She had no way to buy the balloon and was telling her crying daughter that they were coming back on another day and she would bring cash so she could get the balloon later in their trip. I felt kinda weird but I asked the mother if I could please buy a balloon for her since it was her birthday. The mother seemed surprised and agreed to let me. I gave the little girl the cash and we walked over to the balloons. She got her balloon and her mother gave me a hug and the little girl hugged me too. I told her to have a Happy Birthday and to enjoy her balloon. It was such a simple thing and I was so happy to be able to help. :flower:

Cut the grass on Thursday after work. Had no such plans, just pulled in the driveway & thought "better do it today while it's not raining".

Mine is a little selfish. DD and I use to go to movies all the time when she was little. We still talk about the time we went to 3 different movies in one day. Last week we went to see Pitch Perfect 2 and on a whim I bought a ticket for another movie playing right after. The ticket seller went, "what fun, a double feature!" We did have fun! It was the first time we had been to a movie together in several years.

Last Monday I was driving my daughter to school. Coming down the street I saw a young woman running for the bus but it left just before she got there. I could see the devastation on her face as I turned. I dropped my daughter off and circled back. She was sitting on the side of the road with her head in her hands. I stopped the car and offered to drive her to work. She hopped in and away we went. The funny thing is that we moved here recently and I don't know many places, roads yet…but her job was in a building where my son has an Autism group so I knew exactly where to go!

whats wrong with you people. you cant live life all willie nilly, you must have order :laughing:

Wasn't really on a whim, as I'd planned to do it all along. It was DD#1's turn to "babysit" me while DH is working in Washington and I decided to fix her breakfast before she left for work every day. She'd been in the (bad) habit of stopping at a fast food place to get something just so her stomach wouldn't growl at her 9:00 am meetings. I asked her what she'd like, and we decided on two scrambled eggs with cheese and wheat toast. Protein, calcium and carbs and she's good to go until lunch time. I also either peel a couple of clementines or prep some strawberries and put them in a gladware dish for her 3:00 pm snack.

She stayed here from the first week in February until May 16, and in addition to helping her make good on her vow to eat better, she lost a noticeable amount of weight, a pleasant surprise benefit. DH is back home for a few weeks, so she's back at her own house (she and DD#2 share a house), and she's kept up the good habits. I'm very proud of her.

Queen Colleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter