Recent Keys to the Kingdom Tour -Where was your Lunch Location?

We're doing KTTK in Sept with the 8am tour. I'm excited but freaked about getting there early enough, we're staying onsite, (Check in is 7:45am) & worried my very picky DH will not like/eat whatever they offer for lunch. I plan on bringing a couple bags of chips in our backpack. A hungry DH is a grumpy DH, which equals an unhappy DW. :tongue: Still really excited & can't wait for the tour & our trip. The first trip without kids since 1990!
I'm not a picky eater and I'm the one worrying about where we'll eat during the tour. TT has no vegetarian offerings and the reviews are horrible. I truly hope it changes back to CHH.

Just a little side question, those who ate at the terrace what was your start time, and those that ate at CHH what was your start time, maybe that is the difference.

We did the tour at the end of April and were on the 9:00am tour and ate at the Tomorrowland Terrace. It was ok. We all got the Chicken Caesar Salads and were satisfied. Best part of lunch was getting assigned to sit with the tour guide and had a wonderful chat all through lunch.

We did the KTTK tour on Thu May 25 (8:30am tour) and ate at Tomorrowland Terrace. DH had the chicken Caesar salad and it was very bland. I had the chicken strips with garlic Parmesan sauce and they were good.

I know the 8:00am and 9:00am tours also ate at Tomorrowland Terrace on our tour day.

We did Keys to the Kingdom on May 27. We ate at Columbia Harbour House. It was pretty good. My entire group got the combo chicken and fish.

Interesting. @HeyIt'sMe took the tour just two days before you and went to TT for lunch. Did your guide mention whether your lunch at CHH was an exception to the norm, or if it's being changed back for the foreseeable future?

I think your location might be dependant on your start time, not the date. There are multiple tours going on at once. I thought when these started the tour group got to decide where they ate. I guess that changed.

I don't think it's based on start time. Lunch used to be at CHH for every KTTK tour, regardless of the day or start time. Sometime last year, lunch changed to TT (every day, every start time). There is a single recent report in this thread of a CHH lunch - only two days after someone else was at TT. That's why I'm wondering if Disney is finally changing lunch back to CHH - I can only imagine the complaints they've received since the switch - or if it was a one-off.

Has anyone been more recently than May 27th?

I don't think it's based on start time. Lunch used to be at CHH for every KTTK tour, regardless of the day or start time. Sometime last year, lunch changed to TT (every day, every start time). There is a single recent report in this thread of a CHH lunch - only two days after someone else was at TT. That's why I'm wondering if Disney is finally changing lunch back to CHH - I can only imagine the complaints they've received since the switch - or if it was a one-off.

Has anyone been more recently than May 27th?
I agree. That if they are going at a time when TT is not open and they are making food other places and taking it to TT for them to eat, the food would not be fresh and probably poor by that time, thus putting a damper on an expensive experience.

Our tour was at 8am. I know the 8:30am tour also ate at Columbia Harbour House on May 26.... Sorry, we did the tour on the 26th, not the 27th. We did Pandora on the 27th :) Our tour guide didn't mention lunch being different on other tours.

I did the 8:30am tour on Tuesday (6/13) and lunch was at TT. Although my chicken strips were good, CHH is one of my favorites so wish we'd eaten there! It looked like the TT area was prepped for other tours coming before and after us, so not sure that other tours went to CHH. The area they roped off for the tour lunches was large and had plenty of seating for multiple tours, most of which went unused. So I don't think they are bringing some tours to TT and others to CHH for crowd control.

I promised I would report back once we returned. We had an 8:00 am tour on Tuesday, 6/20. We ate at TT. There was a bacon cheeseburger, chicken sandwich, buffalo chicken strips, and caesar salad on the menu. I believe there was one other item too but I can't remember what it was. The food was not cold but also not warm when we got it. It was just ok. Sorry that I can't report that it was CHH. The tour itself was so much fun though that the food being just ok was not an issue.

We did the 9am tour on Wednesday 6/14 and ate at Tomorrowland Terrace. We both got the bacon cheeseburger and it was fine; not the most exciting meal but I've definitely had worse. And the CMs were great. It actually was a really nice spot to sit and relax for a while!

Side question but does this have to wait until 180 days out to be booked? And only over the phone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter