Recent info on ASMU?

crusoe2

DIS Veteran
We're considering All Star Music for our next trip and, since we haven't stayed there in quite awhile, I did a search to read up on the latest renovations and such. Some of the posts I've read mentioned afternoon activities and evening movies by the pool. From what I understand, those were done some time last year on a trial basis. Can anyone tell me if they continued any of that? I'm especially interested in finding out if they still do the movies - my little girl would really love that. Also can anyone tell me if the gameroom at ASMU has one of those little firetruck ride-in things like the gameroom at POR? (I know, odd question. But it's a big deal to my 5yo.) TIA:)

I was there right before Christmas and while I can't say about the movies, I can tell you there are a lot of activities by the pool. They had several CMs out there playing games with the families and had music playing. Everyone seemed to be having a great time.

I didn't go in the game room, but did look in the door on my way to the shop and food court. I believe there is one of the trucks to the right of the door as you go in. If you call the main number for ASMusic, you can ask them to be sure. They won't mind telling you.

The rennovations were great. The new beds slept good and everything looked clean and new. All the CMs were great. We had a blast! Only good reports here. We will definitely be going back!

We were there 12/20-12/26 and they were still doing the activities by the pool. They also showed a movie each night on an inflatable screen.

We never went into the gameroom, so I can't answer that question.

Prior to this visit, it had been 12 years since we stayed there. I was impressed by all the improvements that have been made. It almost seemed like a new resort. Even the bus service was good.

After our stay at ASmu, we have no desire to ever return to a moderate!

We loved the new rooms, everything from the furniture to the decor to the new bedding and bed spreads. We thought the two-toned walls were a nice touch and overall the room felt like a true Disney Resort and not a motel.

We were in a poolside room at Calypso (would highly recommend preferred just for the convience, but standard rooms are still only a 3-5min walk away) and watched dozens of poolside games and activites going on during the afternoon. They played music (loud enough to hear outside of our door) and the over all mood was so much fun.

Each night they played pool side movies (we watched national treasure) but it was a bummer on stormy nights when they were forced to close the pool. The volume was still pretty decent but the pool noise did drown it out at times. I saw a schedule of movie nights which included cars, pirates, little mermaid, and other disney favorites.

Everything from the rooms to amentities really sold this resort for us. We had always heard such bad things about the value resorts and especially the All Stars and after a dispointing stay at Pop Century, we were thrilled we found this resort. If you ask us, it's one of the best kept secrets of Disney.

Added benefits were ASmu having their own bus stop at Epcot and MGM while ASpo and ASmo shared. At AK, DTD, PI, and the Water Parks we all shared. At MK each resort had their own stop. We found must buses never went to ASmo and only picked up music and with only one stop infront of us (ASsp) it was never a long ride bus ride. Buses came frequent and often and it was nice being able to use the other resorts facilities and amentities.

I believe this is still a pilot program, but similar to what we saw with the Segway tours at FW, I expect this to stay in the long run.

Edited to add:
I don't remember seeing a firetruck, but I'm 98% positive they had a "ride in" vehicle available.

Hi: Just wondering if there are patio tables around the pool area with some shade?

Thanks,

Deb.

Hi: Just wondering if there are patio tables around the pool area with some shade?

Thanks,

Deb.

There are a good amount of tables lining the entire pool deck on both sides and ends. The offer a good amount of direct shade too! Depending on the time of day, you'll also run into the issue of shade at the main pool provided by the building shadows of Buildings 1 and 2.

Overall we found their to be plenty of tables (especially at the piano pool) at All Star Music.

Thank you so much for the input on your recent stay at ASMu - we go in a few weeks and I can't wait. We're going back there after a not so magical stay at POP in September. We're hoping for somewhere a bit more quiet and less crowded and all signs point to ASMu. :goodvibes

Everything from the rooms to amentities really sold this resort for us. We had always heard such bad things about the value resorts and especially the All Stars and after a dispointing stay at Pop Century, we were thrilled we found this resort. If you ask us, it's one of the best kept secrets of Disney.

It is one of the best kept secrets. Let's keep it that way! :rotfl: I'm going on my third stay there in two week. The private bus from MGM and Epcot is awesome. I love ASMusic...and I love the deluxes so for this resort snob, that speaks volumes. :wizard: We enjoyed the poolside games and nightly movies although we found ourselves dozing in the lounge chairs after a long day at the parks.

We are staying in one of the Family Suites in a few weeks. I have a few questions to prepare for our visit. First, does anyone know the cost of food items at the store (i.e. milk)? I'm trying to decide if we should buy onsite or utilize a delivery service. Second, what types of toiletries are in the rooms (conditioner, shampoo, lotion)? Third, has anyone done laundry at the resort? If so, was it a challenge to get washers and dryers?

We are so looking forward to our vacation after months of planning!

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Chris

We are staying in one of the Family Suites in a few weeks. I have a few questions to prepare for our visit. First, does anyone know the cost of food items at the store (i.e. milk)? I'm trying to decide if we should buy onsite or utilize a delivery service. Second, what types of toiletries are in the rooms (conditioner, shampoo, lotion)? Third, has anyone done laundry at the resort? If so, was it a challenge to get washers and dryers?

We are so looking forward to our vacation after months of planning!

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Chris

Hi, Chris, (that's me too!!)

I'm not sure of the exact cost of milk, etc at ASMu but I do know that at other resorts, the cost does run a little above the normal grocery store. The toiletries are facial soap, body soap, and shampoo/ condition combination. I didn't use the laundry, but had to walk by it every time I went from our room to the main building (if you come out the back of the main building, it's to your right just before the pool) and no one was ever there when I went by. It was totally empty.

Enjoy your stay!!!

I just wanted to tell anyone who is interested in ASMU to make reservations now. I tried to get res. for there for mid March before T-day and they were already sold out. I know it is easter week but the other values had rooms. I guess ASMU is the most popular value now. If you are going at a busy time, make reservations ASAP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter