Recent Goofy's Kitchen Dinner Experiences?

coast2coastmickey

Mouseketeer
When we (me, wife, 15mo daughter) went to WDW in February, we did a couple of character meals and we really enjoyed them. The food was decent overall with some really excellent dishes at each location, and our daughter was head over heels for the characters. So basically they were slightly better than average buffets plus a Disney character surcharge. Good stuff.

I'm hoping for the same experiences in California. I have a dinner ADR at Goofy's Kitchen for our arrival day (non-park day), as well as a breakfast ADR for Plaza Inn on a later-that-week park day.

I'm not too concerned about the Plaza Inn. I get that it's a breakfast buffet, and it's pretty hard for those to be horrible. We're mainly going on the hopes that we can see Winnie the Pooh and/or Pooh's friends, fingers crossed.

I'm slightly worried about Goofy's Kitchen. I didn't see a whole lot online with people posting their experiences with dinner, only breakfast. No allergies or anything, I just don't want it to be a chicken nugget plus mac-and-cheese only buffet. Are the carving station meats good? What other dishes are there? Anyone have any recent experiences with Goofy's? I'd like to keep the reservation as we figure it's a good way to kick off our mini-Disney trip.

Thanks!

We have done goofys almost every time we go I can't remember exactly what food they had, but they always have meats which are decent. DH really liked the salmon they had one time but it wasn't there on our last visit. But they usually have salad, rice, chicken. Pretty much what you would expect, i do not think the food is amazing but it is ok and the atmosphere is great. If I could only do two character meals it would be Minnies and Goofys.

Goofy’s Kitchen dinner has pizza, mac n cheese, hot dogs, spaghetti, fried shrimp for kids (but honestly I eat those too). The other stations have salad bar, soup, mashed potatoes, sometimes rice, veggies, usually 2 meats at the carving station.. when we went it was some type of roast beef I think and turkey. Also salmon, ribs, corn bread, other types of bread with butter, fruit. Then lots of desserts.

I thought the variety was pretty good.

We had dinner at Goofys Kitchen in late July. We really enjoyed the food. They had the typical stuff for the kids and mine ate well. My mom and I enjoyed the salad bar, carving station, veggies, mashed potatoes, Asian dishes and some chicken dish that was my favorite. They also had fish. Lots of deserts to choose from!

Thanks to those who have replied thus far. For those who have been to Hollywood and Vine at Hollywood Studios in Florida, it sounds like the offerings are pretty similar. A bird and some beef at the carving station, a fish, various salads and variations of potato, plus all the usual kid things.

I will say this...I did read somewhere that they usually have the PB&J pizza (I'll give it a shot), but sometimes they have a smores pizza! I'd die if that was the case.

I've lost 30 lbs recently and I plan to gain back a few!

looking forward to this experience . . . we have never made reservations at DL for Dinner. . . . will be there in two weeks!! thanks for the information on what is/was offered (we are all adults doing this LOL)

I have been to Goofys 3 or 4 times. I would compare it to the food choices at Chef Mickeys though i would say Goofys has higher quality and better presentation. It’s pretty good for a buffet

Goofy’s had the S’mores pizza when I went but I think that was toward the beginning of the year that I last went.

I just got back from WDW and we did chef mickeys! Surprisingly I thought chef mickeys was better than Goofy’s kitchen. I didn’t even get through all of the food options. I felt they had more, and the lighting is way better. I can never get any good pics at Goofy’s because it’s sort of dark.

Thanks to those who have replied thus far. For those who have been to Hollywood and Vine at Hollywood Studios in Florida, it sounds like the offerings are pretty similar. A bird and some beef at the carving station, a fish, various salads and variations of potato, plus all the usual kid things.

I will say this...I did read somewhere that they usually have the PB&J pizza (I'll give it a shot), but sometimes they have a smores pizza! I'd die if that was the case.

I've lost 30 lbs recently and I plan to gain back a few!
The s’mores pizza was there in late July!

We went to Disneyland for the first time in June and did Goofy's Kitchen for dinner on our arrival day. We were staying at DLH. I was a little worried because, at WDW, we only do buffets for breakfast and stay away from lunch/dinner (except for Tusker House and Boma). We really enjoyed Goofy's Kitchen. The food was fine...hot, fresh and plentiful. Nothing gourmet, but we all enjoyed it. Good variety for all of us. There were a TON of desserts. An entire bar, all the way around, with just desserts. It was amazing! LOL! Overall, it was a fun way to start our trip. And thanks to Costco, it was free!

We also did the Plaza for a late breakfast one morning and enjoyed that as well.

We just ate at Goofy's kitchen on Sunday. I thought the food was good. I really enjoyed the Thai BBQ chicken and roasted vegetables. Desserts were to die for. A warm s'mores cake that was heaven. We had great character interactions and now my 2 year old adores chip and dale!

We’ve visited with Pooh and company at The Plaza, I don’t remember seeing any 100 Acre Wood folk at Goofy’s.

We’ve visited with Pooh and company at The Plaza, I don’t remember seeing any 100 Acre Wood folk at Goofy’s.

Pooh and company are almost always at Plaza Inn (breakfast). They are never at Goofy's. That rotation is pretty set.

How is the character interaction at dinner? We have reservations for our arrival day st 6:30, doing a half day caabana rental 2 to 6 first. A little worried this may be a bit much for a 8 and 5 year old after having to get up super early for the flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter